Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: classic mafia.  (Read 1652 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
classic mafia.
« on: December 29, 2010, 01:21:27 am »

say you want to join. 15 players accepted.
I shall be the story teller.
I will PM you telling you if you are the sherriff, doctor, or a mafia member, of which there will be 4.
most of the actions will take place over pm. sherriff will tell me who they want to investigate, doctor will pm me who they want to save, the 4 mafia members will pm me who they want to kill. then everybody picks someone to kill/exile. Rinse/repeat.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: classic mafia.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 08:39:14 am »

say you want to join. 15 players accepted.
I shall be the story teller.
I will PM you telling you if you are the sherriff, doctor, or a mafia member, of which there will be 4.
most of the actions will take place over pm. sherriff will tell me who they want to investigate, doctor will pm me who they want to save, the 4 mafia members will pm me who they want to kill. then everybody picks someone to kill/exile. Rinse/repeat.
I'm not trying to be mean about this, but no one is going to join. Here's why:
1. The main title isn't professional looking. There's no capitalization. I only clicked it to tell you this.
2. Your opening post needs work. You'll have to describe the game in detail in order to get people to join. Copy one from another game and change it to fit your needs.
3. Start with a smaller amount of players. 15 is tough to get, but 9 or 11 is very doable. And people love to play regular mafia!
4. Play a few games. Co-mod. Do something before you make a game to let us get to know you.
5. Don't ignore me. I tend to have a good idea of what I'm doing. If you change these things, you'll easily get people to join.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:46:42 am »

Really, dude, maybe join some other games first. I haven't seen you in any mafia games anyway.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 06:19:41 am »

Really, dude, maybe join some other games first. I haven't seen you in any mafia games anyway.
Yeah. Participate a bit, let people get to know you, then try this again.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig