Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!  (Read 21595 times)

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wooddipped, an Elven Succession Game!
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2011, 10:39:23 pm »

The call has gone out again for a new elf to rise up and take control and lead Woodipped. While I normally would not be as bold, seeing how incompetent our leadership can be…
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I decided to take control, for the good of the glade of course.

1st of Granite, 2016: First Impressions.

Before I delve into leading this place, I want to take stock of the grounds. I’m recording my thoughts in this journal for future use and reference

What first catches my eye is bowie’s large, and somewhat phallic, bridge

I do not quite know how to use it, so I will leave it alone for now.

Next I head to what I assume is our archers practice targets. One is, grizzly, an execution chamber.

After that is Evil_Fuzzies room (the miner gets his own room? Bah!) that leads up to a guard tree, a carpenters workshop, our trade post, another guard tree, our cage pile, and an unmarked lever.

A mass burial site and a tomb for the rulers of Wooddipped.

Finally the main stockpiles and workshops, along with a gate and our impressive elephant army.

That is the main areas of Wooddipped. I’m sure there is much more to cover, but I have duties to attend to.
-------------------------------------------
After I typed that up I realized that I missed the main tree  :-[. All it has in it is some beds and the dining hall.

I've got much more already typed up, so i'm further than this. Trust me.  ;)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2011, 11:40:30 pm »

Beautiful. Bowie and company (as players who abandon their turns shall forever be known :P) did a nice job.
I don't suppose you would mind "reelfing" everyone from the roster who perished during the Great Assault? Give me a male elf named Ralph!

And is lingum-bridge secure? I see stairs.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:42:23 pm by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2011, 04:38:42 am »

LOL
Anyway the idea for the bridge is to have a drawbridges at the top and bottom. when enemies attack the glade they will enter by this entrance. once they have commited themselves the two drawbridges will raise, trapping the goblins. from there two things may happen (or both) our archers will stand to their posts and riddle them with spiky sticks. The other option is to simply retract the bridges, the goblins will fall and land on the cage traps, allowing their metal gear to be easily harvested (and then moved to the execution chamber).
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2011, 04:39:08 am »

LOL
Anyway the idea for the bridge is to have a drawbridges at the top and bottom. when enemies attack the glade they will enter by this entrance. once they have commited themselves the two drawbridges will raise, trapping the goblins. from there two things may happen (or both) our archers will stand to their posts and riddle them with spiky sticks. The other option is to simply retract the bridges, the goblins will fall and land on the cage traps, allowing their metal gear to be easily harvested (and then moved to the execution chamber).
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2011, 10:05:20 am »

Beautiful. Bowie and company (as players who abandon their turns shall forever be known :P) did a nice job.
I don't suppose you would mind "reelfing" everyone from the roster who perished during the Great Assault? Give me a male elf named Ralph!

And is lingum-bridge secure? I see stairs.
You mean bowie's bridge, right? Those stairs just lead up to two towers and have nothing underneath them.

Yeah, the re-elfing is under way.

Also, bowie, what lever operates the bridge? I don't see one next to it, but there is one in the meeting hall...

By the way, does the day I download it count as one of the three? 'Cause if not, another day would be useful.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2011, 10:19:54 am »

4th of Granite, 2016

It takes a lot of staring, but I finally understand the how the defense of Woddipped works: there is only one way in and out!

I’m surprised I didn’t see it before, but eventually I realized all of the ramps leading up to the Wooddipped plateau had been carved out, leaving this area, faithfully guarded by one of our elephants, the only gate to our fine land!

8th of Granite, 2016

I was woken up last night by a ghostly howl…

I fear our brethren have come back to haunt us. I will talk to the elder about the proper way to let them rest in peace.

14th of Granite, 2016

I opened up some of our other bridges so that we could gather wood and expand the main tree.
The other elves race out, eager to reclaim our brothers' and sisters' corpses and equipment.

19th of Granite, 2016

Famime Athofeidala stops her goblin corpse hauling and picks up a bunch of bone and leather. She runs to a craftshop and yells at anyone who tries to get her out. This better be good, ‘cause we have a lot of jobs and a small amount of elves to do them.

25th of Granite, 2016

Famime finished her “artifact”. Leopardclod the Saber of Wilts is a hoary marmot bone sword. The name is oddly appropriate. At least she seems to have picked up something about bone carving.

1st of Slate, 2016

Calovli, our youngest, has grown to be a child! Congratulations!

14th of Slate, 2016

5 new immigrants have arrived! Nothing too special about them, but my favorite has to be Conibo Thunderfirst. 2 of them where drafted volunteered to join our defense force.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2011, 10:43:33 am »

Everyone re-elfed. The names might be wrong for the next couple posts, though.
I don't know if Xenos wanted to be elfed, but I did it anyway. Also, Kilakan, you're in permanent bed rest, so do you want to be re-elfed?

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2011, 11:06:36 am »

12th Felsite, 2016
Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit…
Trolls

Their general

More Goblins

I’ve order all elves inside the glade and all bridges up…I pray to Rifa that this turns out well.

The goblins and trolls group by the north gate. I’ve ordered our archers to take shots at them from across the bridge...

As I sit here, watching our elves fill the enemy with arrows,

I get curious, where is the general?

Standing at the top of our northern guard tree, I spot a corpse off in the distance… it’s his.

I ask our scouts if they saw what happened. Apparently his subordinates hate him as much as we do.

(the goblin being general Bix)

So that makes our job much easier

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2011, 05:27:43 pm »

Awesome. I've never seen this bug in action, but I've heard about it. It's some sort of goblin AI glitch or something.

[EDIT: I've got my own room? Awesome, though I wonder if it's purpose is to keep this me from going berserk. ... Now that I think about it, both times that I've been elf'd, I've been elf'd as an elf who carries a weapon for their job. Hell of a coincidence, eh?]

[EDIT-EDIT: An artifact sword made from the bones of a rodent? I wonder what kind of damage that would do... I know that artifact weapons apparently get a huge boost to damage, but how well would that sword work, anyways? I suggest that once we've traded with the humans and/or dwarves for enough decent armor to suitably suit up a melee fighting force, we give that baby to our strongest non-archer soldier and see how well it goes. It'll probably end in tears, but at least it should be epic.]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:40:32 pm by EvilFuzzy9 »

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2011, 07:01:16 pm »

A mystical rodent-bone blade sure as hell beats copper shoes.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2011, 10:24:35 am »

26th Hematite, 2016

My Goddess, those gobos can absorb a lot of arrows. In lighter news, Thaci has given birth to a brand new member of our tree!

Congrats!

1st Malachite, 2016

2 pieces of news today. First of all, Mina gave birth to a baby boy!

Second, the area above the northern gate has been cleared!

That leaves just one final group of invaders.

The pike goblins that assassinated their own general are sitting there, trying to draw us from our well protected glade.

16th Malachite, 2016

I open up the gate and rope two of our elephants to nearby trees to hold off any invaders

The goblins still aren’t moving, so this leaves me little choice. If we want to get rid of these goblins we have to step into their trap.

I rally our group of seven defenders. They know what they must do. I give bowie a curt nod and send them out.

They engage the goblins. The gobos get it close range and it looks like Thilkri is getting the worse of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thilkri is horribly wounded, but she’s able to drag herself away from the combat. I hope she’s got enough blood…

The battle is pretty much over. The goblin invaders are retreating. Everyone but Thilkri has only suffered minor wounds.

Thus the siege breaks, and with more good news: Thilkri is going to live. She’s still missing her hand, but her lively spirit is still there.

Thank Rifa this is over.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:29:56 am by NotPete »

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2011, 02:27:01 pm »

8th Galena, 2016
Another baby, this time belonging to Thone, was born. We are planning a celebration as I write this.

17th Galena, 2016
A caravan of humans has arrived. We have a lot of goods around that are too large to wear, so we will be trading those.

27th Galena, 2016
The trading is complete. I traded all of our goods for some metal arrows and shields. We can make every other thing ourselves. The Humans are going to rest for awhile longer, before heading back home

1st Limestone, 2016
I’ve decided to see what happens when the lever in the dining branch is pulled. This might be catastrophic.

Also, it seems that Thilkri is never going to be able to walk again. I feel partially responsible for this.

3rd Limestone, 2016
While watching the lever being pulled, I noticed that the dining room is cramped. I’ve order another to be built another level up.

4th Limestone, 2016

We seem to have had a…minor building incident.
The log landed in a pool and picked up an impressive amount of dust. Fidale was knocked off of his scaffolding and broke his arm. I will make sure that this does not happen again.

15th Limestone, 2016

It took me awhile, but I eventually realized that the lever in the dining room is not connected to anything, but was built to show off its mechanisms…I feel like an idiot.
I also realized that nothing in bowie’s bridge is connected to any levers. I am correcting that now.

22nd Limestone, 2016

The humans are leaving. They where rather pleasant company, even if they brought some wood goods.

24th Limestone, 2016
A giant jaguar was harassing our wood cutters. I had it killed out so that the tree may prosper. Of course we will use its entire corpse to the fullest extent.

17th Sandstone, 2016
Bowie’s bridge is all hooked up to the lever, so we will begin adding the cage traps.

1st Timber, 2016
We have begun to build catapults at the north gate. They should help with holding off the goblins in the next siege.

8th Timber, 2016
Elifa has given birth to a girl! Soon we shall be as strong as we where before!

9th Timber, 2016
An awful lot of beast tallow is sitting in our kitchens, doing nothing. We will start to cook them so that this useful resource does not go to waste.

13th Timber, 2016

Well damn…

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2011, 10:18:26 pm »

Alright, I finished my turn. I'll have the update it tomorrow, cause I have to sleep now.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 08, 2011, 10:32:48 pm »

Alright, I finished my turn. I'll have the update it tomorrow, cause I have to sleep now.

Looking forward to it!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2011, 01:46:50 am »

Woah, I'm still alive, did you happen to find the High-wood room?
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18