Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24

Author Topic: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Game over!  (Read 38114 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Kingmaker Mafia- Season 3! Day 2: Fallen Hero
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2011, 03:45:34 pm »

Bastards.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2011, 03:53:38 pm »

To start the day off, here's what I want to hear from everybody: Your current top two scum picks, and your reasons why.

This includes lazy non-participant Kingmakers.

For my part, this is Dariush and webadict. Dariush only asked a bunch of useless questions because webadict's axe was hanging over him, and webadict said he suspected Jokerman-EXE and Pandarsenic, and was even planning on lynching Pandarsenic, with no reasons given.

webadict, I want to hear your reasons why you suspected Pandarsenic and Jokerman-EXE.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2011, 05:17:28 pm »

To start the day off, here's what I want to hear from everybody: Your current top two scum picks, and your reasons why.

I'd have to say Dariush because of his previous jumpiness and apparent inability to answer questions coupled with his general lack of effective scumhunting. He choses to complain about other people's tactics rather than apply his own. Webadict is my second choice. Even though he gave a good reasoning for voting Zrk2, he failed to explain why he suspected Jokerman and Pandar. Furthermore, not only did Zrk2 flip town, but Jokerman, one of his suspects, flipped town as well. While it's not a very strong argument, it brings my attention to him but my suspicion towards him is less than that towards Dariush.

Webadict, now that you're not king, would you mind explaining why you suspected Jokerman and Pandar?

Dariush, how do you feel about scumhunting and questioning now that it's D2? Are you still going to be stubborn about it?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2011, 06:16:51 pm »

Another herp against Dariush and Wuba here.

Dariush tried his hardest to get out of actual, er, doing. Of anything. When forced, he asked blanket questions of no real value, only escaping because of Zrk2's behavior.

Wubadict got all high and mighty about how he didn't have to explain because he's king.

He's no longer king.

STORY TIME YAY
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2011, 10:29:30 pm »

For my part, this is Dariush and webadict. Dariush only asked a bunch of useless questions because webadict's axe was hanging over him, and webadict said he suspected Jokerman-EXE and Pandarsenic, and was even planning on lynching Pandarsenic, with no reasons given.

webadict, I want to hear your reasons why you suspected Pandarsenic and Jokerman-EXE.
Because they were acting scummy. Gonna ask anything else you and everyone else didn't already ask?

And as for two scum picks, I was pretty sure zrk was scum, so who knows? Push me on it. I don't care. Probably you and... I dunno... Native. Good enough for you?

I'd have to say Dariush because of his previous jumpiness and apparent inability to answer questions coupled with his general lack of effective scumhunting. He choses to complain about other people's tactics rather than apply his own. Webadict is my second choice. Even though he gave a good reasoning for voting Zrk2, he failed to explain why he suspected Jokerman and Pandar. Furthermore, not only did Zrk2 flip town, but Jokerman, one of his suspects, flipped town as well. While it's not a very strong argument, it brings my attention to him but my suspicion towards him is less than that towards Dariush.

Webadict, now that you're not king, would you mind explaining why you suspected Jokerman and Pandar?
Because I was crossing off people that were acting townlike and I got down to Dariush, Jokerman, and Pandarsenic.

Another herp against Dariush and Wuba here.

Dariush tried his hardest to get out of actual, er, doing. Of anything. When forced, he asked blanket questions of no real value, only escaping because of Zrk2's behavior.

Wubadict got all high and mighty about how he didn't have to explain because he's king.

He's no longer king.

STORY TIME YAY
You're right. You're just acting so townlike, how could anyone suspect you?

I'd also like to point out that you don't have to explain anything. As long as you're right, who cares?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2011, 11:34:11 pm »

Gonna ask anything else you and everyone else didn't already ask?

Not until I get a decent answer out of questions I and everybody else already asked.

Because they were acting scummy.
Because I was crossing off people that were acting townlike and I got down to Dariush, Jokerman, and Pandarsenic.

You basically say the same thing in both of these quotes. Why did you think they were scummy?

If you brush it off again I won't ask again, but then how will I know whether or not your reasons were any good, and by extension, whether you're town or scum? This is not anything horribly unreasonable I'm asking for.

And as for two scum picks, I was pretty sure zrk was scum, so who knows? Push me on it. I don't care. Probably you and... I dunno... Native. Good enough for you?

Not really. Why?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2011, 02:39:28 am »

And that's a stellar example of the issues I take with Wuba.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2011, 07:55:27 am »

And that's a stellar example of the issues I take with Wuba.
Yep. You're showing everyone how good you are at this game. Aren't you? Aren't you?

Gonna ask anything else you and everyone else didn't already ask?

Not until I get a decent answer out of questions I and everybody else already asked.
I gave you one. I felt like they were scummy. What part of that is hard for you to understand? Is it the "they?" Because that's a pronoun referring to Jokerman-EXE, Dariush, and Pandarsenic. I can see where that might confuse you.

Unfortunately, you're not going to get anything bigger out of me, because it was mostly gut feeling. If you're going to threaten lynching me as a way to get more information, not only will that fail (as I'm telling the complete truth), but it will also show me as Town and make you look incredibly scummy. Not that you will pretend to care anymore, since you may be slightly justified in lynching me especially since I've pointed it out.

So, if you want a decent answer, you'll have to be more specific on what a decent answer would entail, or you'll simply have to take my word on my current answer being the truth.

Because they were acting scummy.

You basically say the same thing in both of these quotes. Why did you think they were scummy?

If you brush it off again I won't ask again, but then how will I know whether or not your reasons were any good, and by extension, whether you're town or scum? This is not anything horribly unreasonable I'm asking for.
That's because I went through everyone's post, and if I felt like they were being townlike, crossed them off. It was a gut-check approach.

Most of the problems that occur here is that no matter who you're lynching, there's "evidence." So, I figured I'd simply feel who's Town and who's not. I probably should've stuck with my first choice, as I can see Dariush is going to help out, but that's the problem with second-guessing.

Oh well. Can't go back in time. Besides, I feel totally justified in lynching Zrk2. My only guilt was that he wasn't scum.

Not really. Why?
Because I figured I'd go with someone I didn't suspect at all due to activity (The irony being that I should've been watching content [I also realize now that he's accused me, but whatever]), and you because, well, I figure if you're scum, you'll be wary of me now, and if you're not, you'll be wary of me anyway.

I'd like to note Pandarsenic's lack of scumhunting has not been brought up, yet Dariush's has. Dariush also lives in an odd timezone, making it look like he's lurking and avoiding questions, when he's really catching up at the end of each day. Jumpiness would also describe Pandarsenic when I said he was scum with no reasoning at all, who probably will complain about midterms and continue to have less CPP (Content Per Post) than Dariush does, who's at least attempted to give something to the community.

However, I'd still rather he be dead, or at least replaced.

And you're argument for me is... How do I put this to make you sound like like a moron... moronic? I'm your second choice because I lynched town would maybe be an okay answer. Not great, but not horrible. However, because I thought Jokerman-EXE might be scum and him turning up town is stupid. No, think about it: If I felt Dariush, Pandarsenic, and Jokerman-EXE were scum, then if they weren't all scum, I'd be scummy? Well, seeing as there's two scum, I'd like to note the apparent crap in your argument: You conveniently left out Dariush to make that argument sound, because otherwise it makes no sense to begin with. You might as well accuse everyone here for not trusting everyone else but their suspects as scummy.

Please, also note that I was the one after Dariush and has probably supplied you with most of your rhetoric in your argument. I'm the one that pointed out Dariush as not answering questions, and for him failing to go into details. Basically, everything you might be accusing Dariush of can originate to me. But, if you feel I'm scum, how can you trust an argument like that?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2011, 08:32:47 am »

I'd have to say Dariush because of his previous jumpiness and apparent inability to answer questions coupled with his general lack of effective scumhunting. He choses to complain about other people's tactics rather than apply his own.

Dariush, how do you feel about scumhunting and questioning now that it's D2? Are you still going to be stubborn about it?
Once again, my question's uselessness was because I vastly overestimated the importance of Kingmaker's death. I was looking in the wrong direction. Now, my failty scumhunting? Wasn't almost everyone wrong about Zrk2?

The night wasn't as helpful as I hoped it would be, so I'll have to work with what I've got now.

webadict, how come I SUDDENLY move from being '90% to the gallows' to not even being in your top two pick? And is 'guts feeling' the only justification you're going to give for your suspicion? .
NativeForeigner and Jim, you're accusing me of lack of scumhunting. Pray tell me, what did you learn in the past day?

The last question bugs me the most. The questions I asked turned out to be irrelevant; the questions you asked were random and irrelevant from the start. Of what am I accused except not asking the same random questions? I want to hear everyone's information extracted from D1 without bringing up my lack of questioning.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2011, 08:35:10 am »

Er, I didn't phrase it correctly, but Jim and Foreigner are my top picks and I want to hear from them the most, but also from everyone else.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2011, 12:44:04 pm »

I want to hear everyone's information extracted from D1 without bringing up my lack of questioning.

Please restrict yourself to more specific questions aimed at specific players.
It's much more useful that way.

So no, I'm not answering this, as I only see benefit for the mafia, if everyone lays open their cards.

Well webadict seemed to behave quite oddly just before the day ended.

For example, he acuses zrk2 for inconsistency in his questioning and not following up his questions and then simply bringing up Pandarsenic and Jokerman as his prime suspect, without even mentioning them once before, or tellign why. Why are you allowed to be a hypocrite?

And then it's this post. Jim Groovester kinda got the backlash here for questioning zrk2 and Mindmaker (who is both surprisingly clean in zrk2's report AND has some bad stuff [LISTED TWICE!]).

Well zrk2 supported one of my previous post and did a mistake in his list, which might strike someone as odd.
Did I look like a potential scumbuddy to you at that time? If yes, why didn't you question me? Or did you wanted to wait and see, if zrk2 flips scum first?

I think webadict explained himself well enough (even though he needed to be forced, before doing so) and a D1 lynch is always hard, random and rarely successful.
These are mitigating circumstances for me.

Regarding my top two scumpicks:
I'd like to hear a bit more from webadict before I answer this one.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 14, 2011, 01:41:45 pm »

Open their cards != roleclaim. Also, how did you get that information except by passive overseeing? Did the totally non-random questions to totally non-random people help you in any way?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2011, 02:19:20 pm »

Hey Webadict, can you at least give us some cheese with that wine?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2011, 02:21:51 pm »

Did the totally non-random questions to totally non-random people help you in any way?

More than the generalized ones.
Those just give you too much unnecessary information, make it hard to focus and the turbulence gives good cover to scum.

Important:
I'll be departing on a ski-trip very soon, which will probably render me unavailable for the weekend.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2011, 03:24:57 pm »

Hey Pandar, can I get some part with that ipation?

Or would you rather trade passive comments back and forth like the coward you are? Because stooping to your level kinda hurts my back.

@Everyone expecting me to answer their other stuff: PFP
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24