Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession- Need Players!  (Read 18253 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession-Military service and Unknown Material
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2011, 01:13:05 pm »

Which version are we using now?

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession-Military service and Unknown Material
« Reply #151 on: February 25, 2011, 09:20:12 pm »

Hmm. I'd stick with the 31.18 until the 19th is more stable, but you can play with the newest one if you want.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks awesome! I'd like to sign up for a turn. Please dwarf me as a faceless soldier named "Duck", serving out his required year of military service.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

d/ling.

Any updates?

This looks awesome! I'd like to sign up for a turn. Please dwarf me as a faceless soldier named "Duck", serving out his required year of military service.

Welcome to flagblinded!

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's time for the next one in the list: peregarrett.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile

Uh. First I have to check though all pages to get what's going on...
Do we shift to .21 now or stick with .18?

EDIT
Also, all laws we have are in 1st post? right? Or some of them are missing?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:24:31 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I decided to move it to .21
If there's something wrong with it - well, we just rollback

Journal of PereGarrett Delethcatten, Grey Eminence of Flagbinded

Nil Delethcatten ('Polishedchanneled' at common language) , son of Ral Phrasepost and Adil Axewhips was partying, as usual. Nothing special - a nice cage, a barrel of booze - just another day of 5-year dwarven boy. He sat and drank and admired cage and engravings on the floor, and suddenly he felt that... he was chosen to guide this society to the might and glory!

But when you're common 5-year boy, it's not an easy job. Even with fact that no one takes you serious working on you, it's still hard job. But with no pain - no gain!
To emphasize his new life he took a nickname of PereGarrett.

So, the main thing I have to deal with is the fllooding of lower floor. They just sealed it with walls - come one, there are a lot of useful rooms! And there's simple solution - to freeze it.
I wandered near miners' office and when no one was spotting me mad an addition to their master's records. We should channel a shaft from surface that cold air hits the flood and makes nice plumb there. Then enforce it with stone wall and you got fine room.

Sethon Usirkol, Macedwarf has died from thrist
And so? Why he just didn't go to get a drink?
Huh.. someone locked his room. Weird. Anyway, we have to bury him, so I unlocked it.

Whoops, we had an incident while plumbing flood
Dumed Gogengusgash, Bowyer has been encased in ice.
Come one, how can he be so dumb?

Also, medical guys are complaining about lack of splints. Hey, big dumbass, just make a few steps to carpenter shop and ask him to make some! No, they just complain...

I found new place for temple! it should be north from bedrooms. Design that was used in flooded cave is fine, so i just copied it
I also asked Urdim Regcatten, legendary smith to make adamantine doors for temple.

Hey, we are short of booze! it's a disaster! make some now! And make barrels too.

Hooray! Migrants!
High master weaponsmith, grand master armorer, high master brewer, high master furnace operator, accomplished grower... and some useless peasant who should be drafted soon.

Behold my glorious temple of Kadol and Solon:

1 - lower floor, 2 - high arc floor.
Now Onul Likotoslan, great engraver makes it a true artifact of art! He's alos worshipper of Kadol and Solon, so I hope they inspire his efforts.

Onul made a drawing of Erush Longaxe dying by menacing spike... It made me check our danger room - and as i thought, there were several spikes among training spears. At three mounts, actually. I put secretly an order to dismount them.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:01:05 am by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Temple engravings are going on. meanwhile I look around and realized - we have no magma!!! And no one bothered with that!
Oh, those adults... We got to dig down, down and down. No fun without magma!

At mark 42z miners met a cavern. Oh, it ruins the nice ramp design I made... =(((
Ok, here is nice pillar, we can make spiral ramp there =)

Zulgar Zalkon, Ehbod cancels Extract Metal Strands: need raw adamantine
Huh, we wasted all adamantine on thread? Who need it anyway? We'd better make large serrated discs of it!

Nish Athellolok, Furnace Operator is taked by a fey mood!
Nish Athellolok, Furnace Operator has claimed a Craftsdwarf's Workshop.

New precious toys! Go go Nish! Lets see what he takes:
pine logs
marble blocks
cow leather
Stray Mule Foal bone
aquamarines
marble blocks
mudstone blocks
adamantine wafers
it's gonna be very nice thing!

Funny thing!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:10:36 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dumed Gogedgusgash, Ghostly Bowyer has risen and is haunting the fortress!
OoooOOOooooOOOooo
Ghost busters!

With all precautions we engraved bowyer's name on slab and installed it at catacombs. Ghost was put to rest! Party time to everyone!

Other news - we have magma forges working now. We're going to make massive smelting soon!

Behind the altar I put a storage room for artifacts. It's the safest place for them
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:50:39 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Migrants, 10 of them. Mostly useless, but we have too much military

Speaking of military - we don't have enough armor and weapons! Time to make enough!

Melbil Rithlecad, Swordsdwarf has grown attached to a donkey bone greaves!
Attached to what?! Come on, who even CAN get a thought to wear something like that!

Human traders come. Huh huh, let's see what they have

We gave them pile of low-quality crafts for their cheese, drinks and rare metal bars. They were very happy
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:29:06 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Autumn. Another wave of migrants - 6 of almost useless people. Apart from talemted metalsmith, but we already have a bunch of high-skilled smiths. Who we really need are skilled armorsmiths - we still have our military almost naked...

Oh, I moved danger room next to entrance, in case of emergency. New danger room has just 1 spear at tile, a voice in my head said it would solve a 'FPS problem', I don't know what it means. Anyway.

You know,we have another adamantime spire! it was discovered while drilling holes at lowest floor, just above magma sea. This is the way to explore it - drill here, look, patch it, move to next spot.

The temple is offcially presented!

But i think we need to improve it. Say, statues, exotic animals. Also second floor is not acessible now.

Rumors of our prosperity are sperading and even prone humans came to admire it.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 06:41:56 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for taking it so long, I suddenly got struck by work. I think I'll make it to end tomorrow night.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Medtob Rithuthmik's punishment has come to end... Oh, did I mention that we have Fortress Guard now? So, we do. Iton Etaguzol the captain, and his subordinaries were recruited among unskilled peasants. At at least we'll have another squad to fill with compulsory military service law.
So, we have guards now, and Medtob was sentenced to chain for violating production order. Now his sentence period is over and he's to be freed.
But.
Iton seems strange about that - he states that he wont' unchain "that animal", because it's "wrong justice state". Who knows what he means... but he keeps repeating that over and over again. I'm worried...

Huh, it was quite simple to solve that.
Me: - Iton, why not unchain him?
Iton: - I said, it's wrong justice state! I am captain of guard, I can't make something WRONG!
Me: - But what's wrong?
Iton - Justice state is wrong! Hell, why I'm explaining this to 5 year boy?
Me: - Uh. Okay, let's do it another way. You say this ropes are for criminals, right? And what if we move prison from there?
Iton - And?
Me: - And Medtob is not in prison anymore.
Iton: - And where is the prison then?
Me: - We moved it. I mean. we'll put some cages somewhere.. soon... and it's to be a prison.
Iton: - Okay. But if we have no prison, I got to punish criminals with my fist!
Me: - Wait, we're talking about Medtob. He's not in prison, right? His sentence period is over. He's just somehow got chained here. Don't you think we shuold release him?
Iton: - Ah, sure thing! Medtob, you're free now. Be careful, don't chain yourself next time
Medtob : o_O... Huh... Okay...
Iton: - So, where should be our new prison?
Me: - Here. You can chain criminals to this ropes.
Iton: - Uh, I see. Nice place!

Oh, our usual Autumn Fall Caravan has came, along with liaison. Here, bring all crafts we have!

Winter is upon us. And a few thieves. Two of them were caged, others retreated.

Cerol Thadmafol is taked by fey mood!
He dropped a piece of mudstone at the craftshop's floor where he was making rock mugs, and rushed to another craftshop.
Well... he took:

2 silver nuggets
whitetip reef shark leather
goshenites
rough red beryl
cave spider silk cloth
larch log
chrysoprases
grizzly bear leather

and began to make something...

Uh. I didn't manage to make it to end - its mid-winter now. But tomorrow its for sure!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 02:20:29 pm by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, year comes to end.
And, since we have captured tree thieves - we can officially approve our squad commanders.

First, Zas Thobarros, the captain of The Immortal Crypts, Hammerdwarf!

Look, he killed him with single strike! Awesome!

Next one - Geshud Febozkak, the captain of The Whiskered Ramparts, Legendary Swordsdwarf. Too bad we don't have more notable enemy than puny thief.

Wow! He started with biting him in foot and nearly teared it apart! He's really badass!

Meanwhile, Flagblinded became county.

And here strikes spring! And my year of rulership has ended.
We have prepared everything for inauguration of Iton, captain of guard, but he sleeps.

So, here's some pics illustrating my improvements in our fortress.
New danger room:

Control lever is 2 floors under main city hall

Here starts long downway to magma sea (also here is marble mines for steel pproduction):

first it runs straight south and down, then it turns into narrow spiral inside huge stalactite:

and after that it runs straight again to north till it hits the edge, turns and comes to forges:

Forges have a food and drinks stockpiles along with dining room next to them, so smiths don't have to make all way to main hall.
Narrow passage to the south can be uses to lure magma dwellers to cages. Both bridges are linked to lever at dining hall.
There is another room designed for forges, up and east from first, but it's empty now.

So, summary of this year:
Flood from first temple design carving was stopped.
Temple built and engraved, but still needs decorations
Breached to magma sea and built forges.
Military outfitted in iron, since no one has scored kills to wear adamantine
Danger room moved next to entrance and redisigned to have just one spear in each tile. For FPS purposes.
We have 4 squads total - one of them is fortress guard. But the captain of guard still not inaugurated properly - it's up to next ruler, everything is ready!

it was quire boring year, without sieges and even ambushes.

save is here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4018
Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:58:54 am by peregarrett »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12