Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession- Need Players!  (Read 18243 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession-Military service and Unknown Material
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2011, 11:25:54 pm »

Huh. I wonder what the properties of such a material are...

I'll take a turn, if you don't mind.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flagblinded:the law-abiding succession-Military service and Unknown Material
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2011, 02:13:51 pm »

I can hardly wait to see what comes next..!

May I please be dorfed? Call me Ehbod.
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2011, 05:01:04 pm »

What have you done?! You've fused adamantine atoms into... HYPER ADAMANTINE!!
Which is, ironically, less valuable than normal adamantine. (Since it's unmineable.)
EDIT: Upon further research, collapsing any adamantine spire unto itself causes hyper adamantine to be created.

Also, I would like to be dwarfed as a mason.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:41:10 pm by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2011, 07:38:58 pm »

Sethod's Journal, Excerpts

Winter

Work progresses on various areas around the fort.  New domiciles have been prepared for the migrants that came.  We should have enough living space for every present dwarf, as well as any future arrival.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We've enhanced the security of the emergency dugout prepared by our fortress' founder.  With the pull of a lever, the room could be sealed, dooming the dwarves inside to die of slow starvation instead of violence - until now.  A single miner's pick, forbidden to be moved, shall ensure the well-being of anyone who should one day make use of it.

The site remains secret to almost all the fort.  Only a few dwarves know the location, due to the security risk that would otherwise be posed.  Most of the workers have been occupied preparing the new hospital, which was recently finished.

Vabok's cage has been resituated to the Dining Room, where she can wait out her two-month sentence in the company other Dwarves.  Everyone's been feeding her through the bars of the cage like an animal, but at least the lass has nourishment.  I remember a day when it was illegal to feed a caged dwarf.

In other news, Flagblinded is now a barony, our output of wealth having drastically risen after the Spire was mined.  The mayor is beside himself.  I don't quite understand, seven dwarves are killed on his orders, and he's rewarded for it.  Is there no justice to be found?

I spoke to our new baroness today,a former Peasant that arrived earlier this year.  I find her to be cold, unfeeling and scary.

She's requested that we hold onto what little rose gold we have, an edict we shouldn't have trouble upholding.  Of course, she requires a fine new house, and it's fortunate we have so much unmined space available.  I know of a good place.

The floors surrounding the furniture in her rooms shall be paved with solid adamantine.  We have heaps of the stuff, we may as well use it, and the sooner the better.  Urist is already throwing a hissy fit since the Mayor's quarters are so much nicer than her own.  In a fit of rage she's took his quarters for herself, I hope that she'll be appeased with that for the time being.  The miners are busy enough with all the new bedrooms going up.

One of the masons who has been missing for weeks has returned from seclusion bearing a remarkable limonite grate.  It's no adamantine sword by any means, but it will make for a pleasant addition to any royal bedroom.  Perhaps Urist would appreciate it.

Today is the first of Opal, the new barracks is ready for use, and tomorrow the soldiers and I will be testing the new danger room.  I can hardly wait, it's about time we had a proper training facility around here.

The next day...

I should be finished tomorrow.  Our crazy baroness won't get happy no matter what I do.  She already has the best stuff in the fort but she's still traumatized over the mayor's previous pretentiousness.  Aramco and Ehbod were dorfed, Ehbod is a Competent Strand Extractor.  Our danger room is pretty dangerous in its current state.  I figured that a few menacing wooden spikes here and there would make up for a few training spears that were missing.  My dwarf is paralyzed now.  Remember, corner-cutting costs lives.

So about the unknown material, I wonder what we can infer from its existence.  Maybe it's a piece of the sky.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:18 pm »

Perhaps the excavations triggered a mysterious device within the tower that reverted the raw ore into its basic creationary stuff. That would compliment the theory that the Spire is, indeed, a divine construct of cosmic proportions- and would imply that Flagblinded nestled against the very bosom of the Gods themselves!
的 am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2011, 12:04:24 pm »

Perhaps the excavations triggered a mysterious device within the tower that reverted the raw ore into its basic creationary stuff. That would compliment the theory that the Spire is, indeed, a divine construct of cosmic proportions- and would imply that Flagblinded nestled against the very bosom of the Gods themselves!

So it's just godly shit?
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2011, 02:52:18 pm »

So it's just godly shit?

Come now, my good man. Why would the gods have shit nestled at their bosoms? Honestly.

xczxc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2011, 02:53:44 pm »

I can imagine dwarven folklore spawning from it. Too bad it won't feature in engravings.

About the danger room, I'm not sure whether we should use it, I do not want to see uber adamantine clad soldiers so early, but it's your call. Or we can

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2011, 05:15:12 pm »

Can you use rawium as material for anything?
Best thing to do about the blindness pandemic, train a lot of siege operators. Because they can't see enemies, they won't run in panic.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2011, 05:57:23 pm »

Can you use rawium as material for anything?

Seth said it doesn't yield any material stone, so apparently not. As he mentioned, however, it can be engraved.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2011, 08:48:40 pm »

I've been impaled by a wooden spike.  Went straight through my chain leggings.  My life is over.  I sit in bed unable to so much as walk.  All I can do now is await death's embrace.  I can't do much but think in my current state, and I've been busy at it.  We've accomplished so much this year, by whatever code a mortal dwarf may measure progress.  We have comfort, food to last the decade, and a fine new entrance hall.

Flagblinded has access to more adamantine than I've ever imagined I'd ever see in my life.  I cannot help but feel the mysterious wall left in the wake of the collapse is some kind of warning.  I don't understand why the Lady of Wealth chose me of all people to come to.  If she had appeared to the mayor, he might have listened.  Or perhaps she did, and he hadn't.  Or perhaps it was all a dream, and I am as mad as poor Urist out here.  I could see her milling past the front of my quarters from time to time.  Nomal officially declared her a mad dwarf, and her title and holdings were nullified.  She wandered the fort until she was found dead in a hallway some days ago.  I expect the Mayor will lay claim to her house any day now.  Perhaps this was his plan all along, to prop up an underling only to later steal the gains.

Alas, I'll never find out for sure.  I refuse to go on this way...  I won't allow food to be wasted on me.  I had Udib lock the door on her way out.

It's only a matter of time now.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

You'll notice we have 5 booze left, sorry about that.  It was 145 when the dwarf caravan left, and the brewers seem to have trouble keeping up with consumption, so we may want to set up more brewing facilities.  Every dwarf has a bedroom, though due to my haphazard planning, they're all over the place. 

I can imagine dwarven folklore spawning from it. Too bad it won't feature in engravings.

About the danger room, I'm not sure whether we should use it, I do not want to see uber adamantine clad soldiers so early, but it's your call. Or we can

I didn't use it aside from that one time, an effort which proved disastrous enough to dissuade any further attempt.  Due to the law concerning them I haven't actually made a single piece of adamantine equipment, I've just been extracting strands the whole time, so there should be plenty for you guys to do whatever with.  I apologize for driving another baroness to insanity, but at least it's one less mandate to fulfill.  I have to say though, I'm a big fan of the

Save is here, good luck!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2011, 10:26:34 pm »

By,
are the two of you referring to
, or
?

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2011, 12:56:11 am »

Interesting game so far

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2011, 02:41:51 am »

Requesting dorfing for GREAT JUSTICE a miner/soldier uses a pick as a weapon of course
also: training spears not wooden spikes EVER
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

youdont12know

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2011, 01:54:37 pm »

Downloading.
Also, I cannot hope the achieve the level of awesomeness displayed by my predecesor. But. I'll. Try.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12