Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress, and its effect on your psyche.  (Read 28745 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress, and its effect on your psyche.
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2012, 12:32:11 am »

No dreams... possibly some MAY have been influenced idk.

however it does seem to be subtly affecting the ways i think.
im pretty sure i have started judging a lot of materials irl by what weapons they would be best used for making.
i have started eating mushrooms, which i hated before.
and i have become slightly MORE sadistic inside.

also, this.
I've gone asking people whats the best way to kill somebody.
They commonly go for the mundane, "Stab the guy," or, "Shoot him."
When they ask what I think, I tell them any number of the ways I've killed somebody in Adventure Mode
try it, its fun.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »

In my latest dream I had an adamantine sock that menaced with spikes of bone. I couldn't wear a shoe on that foot because of it, but it was okay since artifacts are indestructible and offer more protection that a shoe would.

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2012, 01:45:33 pm »

I know when I play D&D, I imagine the dwarves as DF dwarves. Whoa buddy, don't get her too mad or she'll tantrum...

ullrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2012, 06:22:56 pm »

I have only had 1 dwarf fortress dream and it is incredibly gory:

Basically there was an endless mass of elves (mainly armed with wooden spears) pushing through the only entrance to my fort (2 wide), going through weapon trap grinders, the elves in the front being pushed onto the traps by the pressure of the horde of elves in the back, me and the dwarves where partying/bathing [think drug induced euphoria level of happy] in the blood of elves (and the gory mess).

« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:44:03 pm by ullrich »
Ullrich cancels Work: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
Dwarf Fortress: Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2012, 06:37:20 pm »

The only DF related dream I've had was on a bus, of me throwing a severed foot at someone whilst shouting come at me bro. I promptly woke up.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2012, 07:16:28 pm »

I was watching a Last Chance To See episode- the one with the kakapo...

There's a bit where a zoologist is leaning down to a particular male kakapo who then leaps on his neck and starts going crazy with desire.

Zoologist cancels examine animal: Interrupted by Randy Kakapo.
Stephen Fry cancels narration: Interrupted by Mirth.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2012, 11:05:19 pm »

Gaaaaaaaa.. aaaaah :O I wish the df main page had a views counter because I've been adding one a day since March :| and now that the release is almost here my net is about to get shut off :( I keep hoping I'll make it in time so I can download it in the peace of my own bedroom (aka my permanant home for 2+ months after this release comes out.. my pc chair will have to be surgically removed from my butt afterward.. but the price is worth it!)..

I'll download it where ever: I'll get it at the library 8 miles from here, and I'll walk if I have to :P The drooling phase is almost over, and the feast is upon us! Dwarfspeed! (meh, dwarves arent landspeed recordholoders :O )

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2012, 09:39:11 am »

I was refreshing the DF page in my dreams last night.  I was dreaming I refreshed the main page (on my computer that somehow hovers over the bed because I was oddly aware I was in bed) and there was a new version probably four times last night.  Each time I ended up unable to find the mouse to click the download button and woke up while struggling to find it.

Each time I woke up from that I walked over to the actual computer and refreshed the page just to be sure it wasn't some sign.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2012, 11:48:20 am »

I have started brewing my own wine from blueberries, and some other things i have around.

It tastes terrible, looks cloudy and color is somehow purple.

So when i drink it i just think that its plump helmet wine, and so it only has drink value of 2.

It seems to have quite lot ot alcohol in it though...

By the way, my recent batches of wine seems to taste little less terrible than my first tries, maybe im slowly becoming more skilled at brewing  :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2012, 11:54:15 am »

I can't think of anything else than update x-x; Which is bad because I have exam week...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2012, 05:03:17 pm »

Brewing your own alcohol is a dangerous task.
My father and I once brewing a raisin/sultana/brandy sort of concoction; only we left it brewing for a year and a half. We didn't dare to drink it. :P

I took a small sample of it to school, to test how high in alcohol content it was in the science labs.

Fumehood, check.
Test tube, check.
Stand, check.
Bunsen burner, check.

VJAASJKLROOOM. HUGE GOUT OF BLUE FLAME. (huge in comparison to the vial/sample).
And my chem teacher, who was awesome, said "Good thing you didn't drink any, it'd probably have sent you blind!"

feralferret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2012, 08:58:11 pm »

Last night I dreamt that I was digging endless pre-designated tunnels in a grid, but in adventure mode. Kinda nightmarish really. Guess that's what happens when you obsessively play for hours and hours before eventually passing out. :D

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2012, 09:46:03 pm »

Last night I dreamt that I was digging endless pre-designated tunnels in a grid, but in adventure mode. Kinda nightmarish really. Guess that's what happens when you obsessively play for hours and hours before eventually passing out. :D

it is a BAD idea to fall asleep playing dwarf fortress... leads to some fucked up dreams.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2012, 02:15:16 pm »

it is a BAD idea to fall asleep playing dwarf fortress... leads to some fucked up dreams.

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2012, 05:04:49 pm »

I dont resist much the thought of cats being our rightful overlords.

Watch deep in his eyes and you will understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mHGq-SWqjg
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11