Poll

There is no poll

But I want one
- 0 (0%)
To bad, go away.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 92

Author Topic: StarCraft: The Forum Game, Exercise 2, Damn Robots  (Read 58079 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: StarCraft: The Forum Game Week 9, Combat Exercises
« Reply #840 on: December 28, 2010, 06:24:39 pm »

"What the hell guys? I was trying to get us closer to the enemy you idiots! You want to charge?! LET'S CHARGE!"
John leads a charge towards the Blue's base, stopping at the ramp.

The unit all goes runs towards the enemy base in a blob of people with no clear formation.  You and the sixteen-man squad reach the bottom of the ramp on the Northern Plateau.

CHARGE WITH THE MAIN GROUP!
Nicholas speaks, and eventually, shouts encouragements to the men.

You charge with the main group and manage to get the two remaining medic into the middle of the formation (if you can call it that) where they can do the most good.

((lol leadership roll fail :P ))

Amelie raises John on the comm. "All I could get was there was at least 1 guy guarding the flag in their base. Also, what the hells going on down there? The other team is probably hunkering down while we waste time. Get your asses moving already!"

Amelie moves to the top floor and chooses a good camping spot. She keeps an eye on the field, and the fallen enemies, making sure to fire a shot every two or three minutes to keep them down.

You're keeping an eye on the fields near the Blue Base.  You think you can see movement, but it could just be the wind.  You make sure to fire shots at the stunned marines and medic to keep them locked up.

((You skipped my commands...again.))

Follow orders, keeping low, and healing when need be. Attempt to also fire your needle gun when the orders to fire are given. Request if you and one other marine can go out as a scouting party.

You follow in the center and ask to see if you can form a scouting party, but your comm. unit wasn't on and nobody heard you, you're probably in the group for good now.

Continue dutifully following orders.

You continue sitting with the future ghost, another Marine and Medic combo at the top of the Sniper Tower... sure is boring around here.

((I'm back! What did I miss?))

Fuzz follows his orders, and charges the enemy base.

You manage to get the unlucky (or lucky as the case may be) roll of being the first at the head of the circle formation.  Thank goodness these power armor suits help everyone run at the same rate.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 28, 2010, 06:32:59 pm »

Form up with the Right Echelon.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:07:39 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 28, 2010, 06:35:22 pm »

"Alright, divide into 2 Echelons, each side of the enemy ramp. The Echelon close to the left is to be led under Nicholas and will be covered by my Echelon so they could retrieve the flag. Also, Fireteam, join Nicholas in the assault."

The platoon splits up and stays away from each other on different sides of the enemies ramp. The one on the left side of the ramp will form a Left Echelon. Mine will form a Right Echelon on the right side of the ramp, giving cover fire, eventually forming into a line blocking the ramp.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 28, 2010, 07:11:28 pm »

Amelie tries to detect anyone who might be hiding outside the base
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 28, 2010, 08:29:54 pm »

Keep on keeping on. That is, keep on being BORED. Keep your Medigun at the ready, split up to go with Nicks group.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 28, 2010, 09:30:13 pm »

((One question, if we get infested, are we still in the game? If yes, do we get a role to make us loyal or unloyal to the swarm?))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 28, 2010, 09:48:50 pm »

((You're in until you go zerg, then you're dead.))

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 28, 2010, 09:49:35 pm »

((Aww.))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 28, 2010, 10:25:11 pm »

Form up with the Right Echelon.
"Alright, divide into 2 Echelons, each side of the enemy ramp. The Echelon close to the left is to be led under Nicholas and will be covered by my Echelon so they could retrieve the flag. Also, Fireteam, join Nicholas in the assault."

The platoon splits up and stays away from each other on different sides of the enemies ramp. The one on the left side of the ramp will form a Left Echelon. Mine will form a Right Echelon on the right side of the ramp, giving cover fire, eventually forming into a line blocking the ramp.

"What the hell is an "Echelon"?"  "I don't know, just charge up there."  says most of the Marines, charging up there leaving John and Fuzz standing behind frustrated. 

((I'm seriously thinking this fail was so bad that you get a negative trait for leadership >.>  <.<))

Amelie tries to detect anyone who might be hiding outside the base

Reaching out with your consciousness you can feel a small scouting group that just reached your base and is securing it, trapping you between the two bases.

Keep on keeping on. That is, keep on being BORED. Keep your Medigun at the ready, split up to go with Nicks group.

With the rest of the Marines, you charge forward.  As you run forward you can tell something is wrong.  Next thing you know, you're being shot at from the top level of the base and from the fields as you approach the base.  You body freezes up and you know you've been hit.  It looks like most of the team has been hit along with you, most before you could even get off a shot.  Those left unlocked manage to freeze up the one of the guys on the roof and the entire team of marines in the fields.

General Unit Health

Cover Group:
Fuzz:  Unlocked
John:  Unlocked

Sniper Team:
Deb:  Unlocked
Amelie:  Unlocked
NPC Marine 1:  Unlocked
NPC Medic 1:  Unlocked

Assault Team:
Nick:  locked, 2
Xavier:  locked, 2
Aaron:  locked, 2
Emily:  locked, 2
Roland: unlocked
NPC Medic 2:  locked, 2
NPC Marine 2:  unlocked
NPC Marine 3:  locked, 2
NPC Marine 4:  locked, 2
NPC Marine 5:  unlocked
NPC Marine 6:  locked, 2
NPC Marine 7:  unlocked
NPC Marine 8:  locked, 2
NPC Marine 9:  locked, 2

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 28, 2010, 10:29:47 pm »

John is so pissed off he just walks away, towards Amelie. He orders the remaining members of the assault to press on before relief is on the way.
"I can't believe they don't know what a a tilted line is, dumbasses. Retreat everybody...
Everyone is cleared to insult everyone else. Guys, screw you."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 10:31:44 pm by Phantom »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 28, 2010, 10:33:30 pm »

Retreat to base, this assault went really badly.
Tell John "The best time to attack is when the enemy is attacking. If I was the enemy commander, I'd be trying to capture our base right about now. We should go on the defensive."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: December 28, 2010, 10:33:59 pm »

Locked people can still communicate with the team by the way (at least your side can, others can't)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: December 28, 2010, 10:36:59 pm »

"I have a message to all those that got locked in the assault, A GODDAMN ECHELON IS A TILTED LINE, DUMBASSES. ARGH. Everyone that was smart and didn't get locked up get back to the controlled sniper tower. I'm gonna have a chat with the locked OpFor scout team."
John revises his orders and tells everyone to regroup at our sniper tower, with John actually going over to the Frozen Enemy Scout Team and having a chat with them.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 28, 2010, 10:44:18 pm »

You John, have the Dubious Honor of being the first member of the expedition to gain a trait through combat/RP, unfortunately it's a bad one.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 28, 2010, 10:44:54 pm »

If you mind, I'm gonna go have John cripple himself again by jumping in the canal later.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 92