Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570702 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2715 on: December 21, 2014, 11:46:18 pm »

Where is caves of qud n steam. I googled it.all i see is the download link at freehold games. How do you get a key?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: December 21, 2014, 11:47:59 pm »

Where is caves of qud n steam. I googled it.all i see is the download link at freehold games. How do you get a key?

Still in internal beta, you have to snag a key when I post batches in one of the forums or my twitter.

Have to actually get a trailer produced before we set the steam page public  ::)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: December 21, 2014, 11:53:28 pm »

How much additiona
 Development has ened since public version? You post keys on your site?

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: December 21, 2014, 11:55:14 pm »

How much additiona
 Development has ened since public version? You post keys on your site?

There hasn't been a massive amount of content, the last couple years we've been spinning up the company for commercial work and getting Sproggiwood out the door, though there's a mutation rebalance in there and some preliminary new content, like a new dungeon. Most if it is moving to a new Unity-based framework to get cross-platform, and lay the foundation for future work like tiles.

Just check in this thread occasionally, or follow https://twitter.com/unormal

Or wait a little bit, and we'll put it up in Early Access for $4.99, or thereabouts.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: December 22, 2014, 01:12:03 am »

Well, I have this happening:

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: December 22, 2014, 01:17:19 am »

Whoo, that looks good.

Bug report.
With unfinished content on, and an ego and will of 10, neither temporal fugue nor metamorphis work. Metamorph I get, its not real content, but I am not making any temporal clones of myself. Build is 10,14,24,24,10,10, analgesia freezing hands fugue and metamorph, tinkerer. Freezing hands and analgesia both work.

Edit: Tested with 24 ego and other mutations, temporal fugue doesn't work.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:00:58 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: December 22, 2014, 01:35:26 am »

Is that a tileset? What is this heresy!

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: December 22, 2014, 07:54:14 am »

Edit: Tested with 24 ego and other mutations, temporal fugue doesn't work.
I can confirm this, Temporal Fugue isn't working.

Also, Pyrokinesis, like Cryokinesis, isn't producing its 'field' effect, either, although it seems to do damage at least for the first tick.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: December 22, 2014, 04:29:44 pm »

Is that a tileset? What is this heresy!
It's called "visual variety" :).

I will probably start with a tileset which looks like an old game, I just like this style.
Something like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I will likely make a more advanced tileset later, but with this one you won't be turned away by things without tiles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: December 23, 2014, 12:44:17 am »

Can you craft in in caves of qud? I am readng the wiki and online help and I dont see a method, but there are alot of items like furs and such. I dont see a crafting menu of any kind?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2725 on: December 23, 2014, 01:24:18 am »

furs is a kind of armor. you can craft, however, it's called tinkering and it's for making the futuristic items.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: December 23, 2014, 12:38:24 pm »

Can you craft in in caves of qud? I am readng the wiki and online help and I dont see a method, but there are alot of items like furs and such. I dont see a crafting menu of any kind?
Yes, but in its current implementation its more like having a weightless stockpile of grenades and gear.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: December 23, 2014, 11:15:32 pm »

There, I'm pretty happy with that. 3-dynamic-color glyphs.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: December 23, 2014, 11:21:23 pm »

Looks great.

Edit: I am currently unable to load two saves. Will reboot and see if that helps.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:28:14 am by beorn080 »

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: December 24, 2014, 02:56:12 am »

Looks great.

Edit: I am currently unable to load two saves. Will reboot and see if that helps.

Now that I've got basic tileset support squared away, I'm going to do some heavy work this weekend to clean up the rest of the load/save issues and other gamebreakers, and hopefully get a stable-ish version with rev1 tilesets posted this weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 250