Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570934 times)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1905 on: May 16, 2011, 11:45:37 pm »

Will this mean that missile effects such as freezing hands won't hit you while phased as well?

Just hand-held missile weapons at the moment, though eventually all physical effects.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: May 17, 2011, 12:54:44 am »

I love the idea of the game and where its going, but whenever i play it i just shit myself from confusion in the beginning, walk around and get killed by some random ass turret hiding in a broken down house.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: May 17, 2011, 12:57:21 am »

Then stop adventuring into ancient ruins filled with various horrors. What did you expect, a free BFG9000?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: May 17, 2011, 12:58:16 am »

Then stop adventuring into ancient ruins filled with various horrors. What did you expect, a free BFG9000?

I take like ten steps out of the starting area and pass some falling apart house that has a turret in it that just shoots the shit out of me

I'm not saying its bad or anything, but I have no idea what the hell is going on

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: May 17, 2011, 01:03:09 am »

That's just random bad luck. The RNG just shat on you. Don't feel bad, that happens to the best of us.

As to having no idea about what's going on, let me ask you; have you ever played other Roguelikes before?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: May 17, 2011, 09:43:49 am »

Roguelikes: if the computer rolls a double 6 and you aint lvl 10, you are gonna die, if you are lvl 10, there is a fair chance you will die.
Why do I find them so much fun
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: May 17, 2011, 01:44:03 pm »

Because you love dying?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: May 17, 2011, 02:02:52 pm »

Because you love dying?

Because you're a masochist, at least in video games? That's why I play. I love the challenge.

No need to reply to this but let me just say: when I venture into apocalyptic ruins filled with flesh eating horrors, I do in fact expect to find a FREE lost superweapon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: May 17, 2011, 02:04:35 pm »

No need to reply to this but let me just say: when I venture into apocalyptic ruins filled with flesh eating horrors, I do in fact expect to find a FREE lost superweapon.
By free I meant just standing out in the open with no resistance whatsoever. As in, a BFG9000 just standing at the door of ruins with absolutely no enemies trying to stop you.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: May 17, 2011, 02:06:42 pm »

Free BFG9000's?

WHERE!?

Damn, I wish BFG's were in the game.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: May 17, 2011, 02:08:45 pm »

Free BFG9000's?

WHERE!?

Haha, I was just kidding Tarran. But anyway I agree with this guy's sentiment. I'm sure that one of these mega-updates that the game occasionally gets will include a new gun with ridiculous amounts of power, to some drawback. Surely.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: May 17, 2011, 02:21:53 pm »

That's just random bad luck. The RNG just shat on you. Don't feel bad, that happens to the best of us.

As to having no idea about what's going on, let me ask you; have you ever played other Roguelikes before?

I play Dwarf Fortress ASCII a lot, I also play Incursion, Stone Soup ASCII, Doom RL, Alien RL, Goblin Camp, Doryen Arena, and probably like 20 others. I think one of the main issues is that it's so offwordly, and it seems theres really very little things actually named after something that would exist today.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: May 17, 2011, 08:03:45 pm »

Have you tried reading through the '?' menu?  It has some helpful stuff.  Talk to the Elder in the center building as well as to Argyve in the far western house.  Ask for work, visit the trader, etc.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: May 18, 2011, 08:45:29 am »

Free BFG9000's?

WHERE!?

Haha, I was just kidding Tarran. But anyway I agree with this guy's sentiment. I'm sure that one of these mega-updates that the game occasionally gets will include a new gun with ridiculous amounts of power, to some drawback. Surely.

Already exists, called the swarm rack (though I don't know that it's actually available versus through cheating). The drawback is it weighs 1500lbs, so you're not going anywhere with it.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: May 18, 2011, 12:19:28 pm »

Well I put some effort into playing it more, and managed to get somewhere, I did the grishnak quest or whatever, but after that didnt really know where to go and listened to the crazy zealot and went to that salts estate in the stills or whatever. Found nothing there
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 250