Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 570701 times)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #1680 on: April 12, 2011, 10:59:31 am »

What the hell is a desalination pellet?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: April 12, 2011, 11:03:09 am »

I would assume it desalinates water. Granted, that makes absolutely zero sense since you can't just add something to water to take the salt out. Though, it would be really easy to make a still to desalinate the water.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1682 on: April 12, 2011, 11:22:40 am »

I would assume it desalinates water. Granted, that makes absolutely zero sense since you can't just add something to water to take the salt out. Though, it would be really easy to make a still to desalinate the water.
Well this IS the future and they have crazy nanotech. Maybe something added to the water could cause it to precipitate all the salt to the bottom of the container and you pour the clean water off.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: April 12, 2011, 11:26:10 am »

The thing is I can't dip it in the waterskin.
I can only 'a'pply it

Also caves of qud alchemy is awesome.

Try to make the following, it's just fun to seek out those things:
lush salt
honeyed water
pure salt

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: April 12, 2011, 11:33:27 am »

I just built a chain-pistol straight from the schematic. I got a drumloaded slender one.

Then I scanned it with psychometry and ended up learning to build a lacquered one.

Wut.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1685 on: April 12, 2011, 11:41:36 am »

I just built a chain-pistol straight from the schematic. I got a drumloaded slender one.

Then I scanned it with psychometry and ended up learning to build a lacquered one.

Wut.
You guy is like "I could totally lacquer this bitch..."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: April 12, 2011, 11:43:43 am »

What do solar and chem cells do?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1687 on: April 12, 2011, 11:44:22 am »

What do solar and chem cells do?
They power things which take power cells. A solar cell can be recharged by dropping it on the ground.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: April 12, 2011, 11:47:19 am »

Wut.
You guy is like "I could totally lacquer this bitch..."
But I would totally have have to take out the drum loading and make it weigh more.

Screw it, Ill do it.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: April 12, 2011, 11:48:49 am »

Solar cells are quite nice with photosynthetic skin, since you can take em down while diving, then when you get wilted go up and drop the cells to recharge them.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1690 on: April 12, 2011, 11:56:06 am »

Stuff from this thread we actually did so far

* Redone heating and cooling system with specific heat and phase transitions (melt rock into lava, heat water into steam)

From here

Seeing how it's been mentioned in this thread I'm sure you guys will be pleased to know it been worked on, as am I because I have lost characters to steam, and lava's always good. The rest of that thread is also interesting, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: April 12, 2011, 12:09:58 pm »

Neat. Very interesting seeing what's in the works!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: April 12, 2011, 12:56:19 pm »

How about making chemicals, and herb combined with certain types of liquids make potions?

That would be awesome. And the system is already there, just add 'a'pply to things like qudzu stem and say combined with honey it makes a qudzu potion that you can drink?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: April 12, 2011, 01:50:40 pm »

How about making chemicals, and herb combined with certain types of liquids make potions?

That would be awesome. And the system is already there, just add 'a'pply to things like qudzu stem and say combined with honey it makes a qudzu potion that you can drink?
Which will likely rust your teeth out?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: April 12, 2011, 02:24:42 pm »

Found a typo.

Apparently I can sting to guarantee a strike with the stringer.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 250