Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265555 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #2670 on: August 06, 2011, 06:41:06 am »

Um...just coming into this from nowhere but...
The talking door thing? Reminds me of the Dark Brotherhood door in Oblivion. I came across that in my first play through before murdering anyone in cold-blood and it had a similar effect.

That... actually seems quite likely. Dark Brotherhood has been confirmed to be in.

Yeah, it probably is that. Difference is, in Oblivion it was mysterious and interesting. In Skyrim, you'll know exactly what's behind it.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: August 06, 2011, 06:45:49 am »

It could be a random dungeon or some shit, who knows.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: August 06, 2011, 06:59:02 am »

Yeah, it probably is that. Difference is, in Oblivion it was mysterious and interesting. In Skyrim, you'll know exactly what's behind it.
Unless you're somebody who didn't play Oblivion.
Love, scriver~

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: August 06, 2011, 10:04:36 am »

Complaining the Dark Brotherhood door isn't mysterious and interesting because we already saw it in Oblivion is like complaining that there's no tension in the third Star Wars movie because we already know Anakin becomes Darth Vader. Let's critique things that are bad, instead of critiquing at random.

I can't help but get excited for this game when I scroll through and everybody's biggest beef is that Khajiit don't have enough leg joints and there are loading screens between certain areas.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: August 06, 2011, 10:39:40 am »

Meh meh and meh. I am wondering if the PR team even tries advertising these days.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: August 06, 2011, 10:41:10 am »

I'm going to state this outright. I'm excited for the Dark Brotherhood questline. It was arguably the best part of Oblivion, I just hope Skyrim can live up to that.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: August 06, 2011, 10:43:23 am »

I'm going to state this outright. I'm excited for the Dark Brotherhood questline. It was arguably the best part of Oblivion, I just hope Skyrim can live up to that.

There is no argument. Stealth was the only thing oblivion did correct in terms of mechanics but then again it was a little overpowered. Also, does anybody knows about the writing in Skyrim? Oblivion had pretty shit writing.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: August 06, 2011, 10:50:08 am »

The beast leg is really disheartening, though, because it's a symptom. They said they really wanted to add it but ran out of time. Which means they didn't have enough time to actually finish making the game, even just to their own satisfaction.

It means the game development was rushed and basic things had to be sacrificed and left as-is. How likely is it that that won't show in dozens of other places?

For me, the digitigrade thing was always the coal-mine-canary to see how dedicated they were to making the game properly, because I knew it was a low priority thing that still really should have been in.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: August 06, 2011, 11:03:54 am »

There is no argument. Stealth was the only thing oblivion did correct in terms of mechanics but then again it was a little overpowered. Also, does anybody knows about the writing in Skyrim? Oblivion had pretty shit writing.

I wish they'd put the guys that wrote Morrowind back on the chairs... oblivion's story was like it was written by a 5-year old.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: August 06, 2011, 11:11:09 am »

Complaining the Dark Brotherhood door isn't mysterious and interesting because we already saw it in Oblivion is like complaining that there's no tension in the third Star Wars movie because we already know Anakin becomes Darth Vader. Let's critique things that are bad, instead of critiquing at random.
Well, they could change the Dark Brotherhood all around again. They changed considerably from Daggerfall to Morrowind to Oblivion. In Daggerfall they looked like a bunch of crazy cultists adorned in black, white and gold. In Morrowind they were made into steam-punk looking assassins (although I've yet to get into the Tribunal content detailing why they're after you). In Oblivion they got made into medieval looking assassins who got outsmarted by a single, psychopathic cretin who's ultimate plan was to stab a ghost in front of everyone.

Then again, going by the Morrowind to Oblivion transition, maybe it's best if they don't change it anymore.

I can't help but get excited for this game when I scroll through and everybody's biggest beef is that Khajiit don't have enough leg joints and there are loading screens between certain areas.
Can't really complain about stuff that ain't been talked about, and previewers aren't known for being critical. Although you've already managed to forget a few things like the iPod interface, axing attributes, or keeping weapons that'd be useful against a fucking dragon out of the game in favour of dual-wielding swords because it looks more booyah to their target audience.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: August 06, 2011, 11:15:51 am »

I'm still sorta excited about this game, somewhat. Until I get my new laptop there's no way in heck I'd be able to run it, but I secretly liked Oblivion too :P

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: August 06, 2011, 11:25:17 am »

So is there's no way to preorder a hard copy and still get the steam preorder bonus? I mean it's just a silly TF2 hat, but it's free (since I'm planning on preordering anyway). I do want a boxed game though. I guess it's out of the question to get it on steam.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: August 06, 2011, 12:20:01 pm »

The beast leg is really disheartening, though, because it's a symptom. They said they really wanted to add it but ran out of time. Which means they didn't have enough time to actually finish making the game, even just to their own satisfaction.

It means the game development was rushed and basic things had to be sacrificed and left as-is. How likely is it that that won't show in dozens of other places?

For me, the digitigrade thing was always the coal-mine-canary to see how dedicated they were to making the game properly, because I knew it was a low priority thing that still really should have been in.

I dunno, when it comes down to crunch time those legs are the first to go. Any project or studio would axe them immideately. They are a sign that they didn't add everything they wanted, but its such a minor detail that all the drama over it strikes me as silly.

Also the Dark Brotherhood wont be joinable. Instead there is a local chapter of the Morag Tong which you join to fight the Dark Brotherhood.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: August 06, 2011, 12:34:06 pm »

Morag Tong is so much cooler than the Dark Brotherhood.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: August 06, 2011, 12:57:04 pm »

Also the Dark Brotherhood wont be joinable. Instead there is a local chapter of the Morag Tong which you join to fight the Dark Brotherhood.
Oh dear. The neat thing about them in Morrowind was how they were legal there. It was just interesting and rather original having legally binding papers for someone's life. Will they work similarly in Skyrim, or are they supposed to be covert like the Dark Brotherhood now?
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 201