Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130228 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 6: Poor Kitty
« Reply #1050 on: February 01, 2011, 09:40:13 pm »

Until we find the leader, lynching cultists is going to do jack diddly.  Org is obvscum beyond obvscum, but if no one else is going to vote him, I'd rather see Native hang- the MBP not coming back business and his crap about not knowing why is pretty flimsy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 01, 2011, 10:03:48 pm »

Irony, if you'll recall BOTH Toaster and MBP were missing at one point. Besides, my ability's called Push. Like I said, I didn't use it last night. I'm also starting to think that Irony is the Cult Leader. I also think Org is scum. But I really wanna get that little bit of buffer space before we start on those two.
Because of the delay thing, yes. It seems likely that would bypass the normal limits for the night it happened, but force you to spit one out afterwards. Incidentally, nice OMGUS.

Also, Irony, I'm willingly allowing myself to be blocked by Nirur's Haiku-thingy. If MBP still doesn't come back, you know it's not me. If he does, someone's been leeching my power and the block prevented them from doing it again.
No, we won't. According to you, your ability auto-releases them the next day, yes? So by that reasoning, it shouldn't even be possible to chain-kidnap someone because they're untargetable during the night and then reappear during the day. Blocking shouldn't affect that.

By my theory, on the other hand, it doesn't matter whether you're blocked or not; you'd need to release MBP or use your power on someone else to bust him out.

So you tell me: How is this ability-stealing scum targeting someone untargetable?

Irony, I'm interested in your own theory on why that skeleton had <unblockable> as its only ability.
My guess is that the cult leader can move his power(s) onto his mooks. That might seem unusually powerful, but given the number of blockers and self-revivers we've got floating around, it might not be out of line.

It's also occurred to me that Archangel had unblockable as an auto ability. It's possible they keep non-action abilities, which would also explain someone's weirdness trying to target Person. We already tested Zathras for his, however, so if that's the case it'd mean he's clean.

It wasn't an OMGUS, you just seem the most culty to me, you're completely against lynching a cult member and you're trying to force a mislynch. The fact that Zathras and Toaster, two almost guaranteed cultists, are backing you up only confirms my suspicions.

Also, the point you brought up yourself. They're untargetable during the night, something I overlooked. I couldn't chain-push them and neither could someone sapping my ability, now that I think about it. That leaves only the possibility of someone with a similar power. If you'd like, I could target someone of everyone's choosing tonight. Should I not be blocked and they disappear without MBP coming back, that confirms my theory.

Toaster I'd rather deal with the cult before scum. MBP not coming back is not my doing.

Another note to everyone, it's funny how Toaster still thinks I might be the cult leader despite the fact that he delayed me the first two nights and said himself that I couldn't be the leader. He said it here, in fact.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 01, 2011, 10:20:56 pm »

You have a good chance of being scum, though.  Note I never said you were cult leader.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 01, 2011, 10:21:33 pm »

You have a good chance of being scum, though.  Note I never said you were cult leader.

Noted. Could you elaborate on how I could be scum, now?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 01, 2011, 10:22:34 pm »

Until we find the leader, lynching cultists is going to do jack diddly.  Org is obvscum beyond obvscum, but if no one else is going to vote him, I'd rather see Native hang- the MBP not coming back business and his crap about not knowing why is pretty flimsy.
'
The fuck.
Why the fuck am I scum?
More like you are.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 01, 2011, 10:23:23 pm »

Org, I've given you plenty of evidence of your scummitude.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 01, 2011, 10:23:54 pm »

Org, I've given you plenty of evidence of your scummitude.
The fact that you do not bring it up is pretty scummy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 01, 2011, 10:25:09 pm »

It wasn't an OMGUS, you just seem the most culty to me, you're completely against lynching a cult member and you're trying to force a mislynch. The fact that Zathras and Toaster, two almost guaranteed cultists, are backing you up only confirms my suspicions.
That was one of the things that unnerved me about the Org vote. Nonetheless, I'm not going to not vote anyone the cultists hop onto, especially when we're not entirely certain they all are.

I'm not trying to force a mislynch, I'm trying to lynch fairly likely scum and a potential cult leader.

Also, the point you brought up yourself. They're untargetable during the night, something I overlooked. I couldn't chain-push them and neither could someone sapping my ability, now that I think about it. That leaves only the possibility of someone with a similar power. If you'd like, I could target someone of everyone's choosing tonight. Should I not be blocked and they disappear without MBP coming back, that confirms my theory.
This would confirm that you're not responsible, yes. I'd rather it be Org, personally, but snatch up a cultist if they worry you that much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 01, 2011, 10:26:48 pm »

It still seems to me that people make too much of that possible cult... Sure, Arch apparently was some sort of cultist, but as I said earlier, I'm not, neither was Ottofar, and I have no reason to think Toaster is either. Person, maybe, mostly for his scummy/lurky play than the cult idea, though.

That's why I've continued voting Org. We have to find Jokerman's scumbuddies, don't we? I am pretty sure Native isn't it, I don't think he'd have bussed him. I think it's Org and Arg, though Pandar flipping town makes Nirur a bit suspicious.

Still, if people are fixated on the cult idea, I also think it makes more sense to go for the leader than for mooks. Since I don't think Native is Jokerman's buddy, he's a good candidate for being the cultist. Vote NativeForeigner.

But make no mistake, Org is scum. We should be lynching him instead.
I'm just going to point this out.
Lurking and then trying to lynch someone for lurking is pretty ironic.

Generally, the fact is Zath that you are not posting reasons and stuff.
Pretty sloppy. Town aren't sloppy.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 5: Undying Days
« Reply #1059 on: February 01, 2011, 10:27:13 pm »

The marks never added up in the end, but there seemed to be some sort of willed force pushing for the lynching of NativeForeigner. Even I wanted him dead.

And then he was a zombie dead.

Vote Count
------------------------
Org -
Ottofar -
Argembarger -
IronyOwl -
Mr.Person - Argembarger, NativeForeigner, Nirur Torir, Org,
NativeForeigner - IronyOwl, Zathras, Toaster,
Nirur Torir -
Zathras -
Toaster -

Not Voting - Ottofar, Mr.Person,

5 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

NativeForeigner has been lynched!

NativeForeigner was the TVTrope: Meanwhile In The Future (town).

It is now Night.

NativeForeigner - TVTrope: Meanwhile In The Future
"Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present." -Roger Babson

(Auto) Meanwhile In The Past: Actions target you one Phase in the future.
(Night, 1-Use) Rewind: You may rewind to the previous Day.
(Night) Push [target]: You can push someone into the future. They cannot talk, action, vote, or be actioned until then.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Night 6: Three Is A Majority
« Reply #1060 on: February 03, 2011, 09:46:32 pm »

It was a shame, really. Another unnecessary death. Not that I cared any longer. Death seemed to have little effect in this place.

I started painting, making long black strokes on the already black canvas. Only a small patch of white remained, and I couldn't bring myself to paint it just yet.

I wished my ghost friends luck with their endeavors. Sooner or later, one would claim victory.

IronyOwl has been killed!

IronyOwl was a Skeleton (cult).

Vote Count
------------------------
Org -
Ottofar -
Argembarger -
Mr.Person -
Nirur Torir -
Zathras -
Toaster -

Not Voting - Ottofar, Mr.Person, Argembarger, Nirur Torir, Org, Zathras, Toaster,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

It is now Day.

Skeleton
“The world dies over and over again, but the skeleton always gets up and walks.” -Henry Miller

(Auto) Cult: You are part of the Skeleton Cult.
(Auto) Undead Fervor: You have two votes.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 7: Not Really Ironic
« Reply #1061 on: February 03, 2011, 09:48:22 pm »

Wut.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 03, 2011, 10:25:07 pm »

... Had Irony been previously killed? I don't remember such a thing happening, and don't feel like going through 71 pages to figure it out.

(I blocked Irony, Ottofar, and Org.)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 03, 2011, 10:39:31 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and leave my vote on Mr.Person for now. I think his role has the highest chance of being what's keeping MBP away from us.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 03, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »

Org  Blocked
Ottofar  Blocked
Argembarger  ???
Mr.Person  Flipped not mafia
Nirur Torir  Claims to have blocked
Zathras  Flipped not mafia
Toaster  Flipped not mafia

So Nirur, if you really blocked those three like you said (can Org and Ottofar please confirm), wouldn't that mean by process of elimination that Argembarger did the mafiakill?  Why not lynch the only person who could have done it?

I still say Org is his scumbuddy.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77