Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130634 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 2: Old Friends Discuss New Times
« Reply #450 on: December 31, 2010, 12:23:47 am »

Org. Do stuff. Do you have scumpicks?

Archangel, you're still here. Technically. What do you think of Pandar's roleclaim and plan?

Pandarsenic, you didn't actually refute anything. Why is redirecting everyone to you tonight better than redirecting/blocking suspicious people for three nights? Do you think disabling scum is worth disabling town as well? What about the chances of you already having less than three kittens left, or scum being immune to redirects?

Finally, who are your scumpicks and why?

Jokerman:
Zathras is likely telling the truth about not being the SK anymore, but I would think that it's obvious we have a NecroCult. Scum he ain't, but it's worth looking at.
What makes you so certain he's been revived as cult, as opposed to town or SK again (or scum, for that matter)? What is it that's worth looking at?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 31, 2010, 12:47:31 am »

Re-link me to your questions, then.

PFP

There's more to the last post than this that you need to reply to, such as your supposed immunity to having to prove my reasons as garbage. But here's the link to my most previous question.

Most relevant one is here. You haven't come close to giving any sort of reply to it and it's been three days.

Please get around to properly replying to the content in my previous post and the post linked above. If you did happen to give some sort of reply and I overlooked it, link me to it.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 31, 2010, 01:32:35 am »

1) Prevents mafiakillage on nights I'm able to do this (when I run out of kittens I won't be given a warning, it'll just fail)
2) Should confirm my role/alignment, barring usage of a mafia framing ability (I wouldn't put it past Wuba to predict me doing this and give the scum such a power accordingly)
3) Is a better use of my kittens than reviving over and over. Even if the town were too stupid to acknowledge my town alignment and kept lynching me, at least I'd be out of the way of the TCS before too long.
Congratulations. You've completely succeeded in convincing me ... that you're a liar and are horrible at fake claiming.

1) Only if you're town.
2) Not even slightly. It might succeed in convincing us that you've got a one-shot multidraw, but that's it.
3) No it isn't. A skilled player alive at lylo and apparently unkillable would be devastatingly effective for any alignment. Even if you did believe that the delay was worth sacrificing three or four lives over, you would be using your limited time wisely instead of doing nothing.

I'm guessing scum-JAOT for you, with each kitten having an ability that sacrifices it.

You have my block tonight. I'm not voting you right now, as you might revive again, and there are other people who need to die. Currently, I'm waiting on Jokerman's responses to questioning.
1) So you think I'm a godfather who can force everyone to target him and revive? Please. That would be a cosmically imbalanced role.
2) I would guess I started with 5, 6 or 9 kittens. 5 is an average litter size for most cat breeds, 6 is enough I can multidraw or multiblock twice unless I get killed, or 9 because nine lives. If 9, I intend to block everyone next night.
3) So you think I'm a godfather who has JOAT powers and multiple revives? It's funny how you think Wuba has no concept of game balance. For instance, I believe it was you who suggested there might be redirect-immune scum. That is, the question was "So what if Pandarsenic was a role who can shut down everyone except a mafiakiller, multiple times?" You're grasping at straws because you're desperate to turn people against my claim because you're afraid.

Re your declaration to block me: Unvote, vote Nirur Torir. What are you so afraid of? If you don't get lynched I'm going to use my draw on you to commit you to that. Every. Night. You block me no matter what and I can't spend a kitten on my action :3

Pandarsenic, you didn't actually refute anything. Why is redirecting everyone to you tonight better than redirecting/blocking suspicious people for three nights? Do you think disabling scum is worth disabling town as well? What about the chances of you already having less than three kittens left, or scum being immune to redirects?

Finally, who are your scumpicks and why?

Mass redirecting/blocking is better because of the 100% block rate, the guarantee I can get investigated and maybe even protected, etc.
Of course disabling scum is worth disabling town. Durr. Town has day lynchery, scum relies heavily on night kill. Besides, town's powers will still be there later.
Less than three kittens: Unlikely. My theory on kitten count is listed above.
Scum being immune to redirects (or roleblocks for that matter): Then my role is nearly useless and Wuba gave me a shit role that thinks it can do things that are useful, but cannot.

Scumpicks:

Archangel because duh.
Nirur Torir, because he is for some reason TERRIFIED of what I'm doing and it's obvious he's freaking out.
You're also grasping at straws. Uncertain though.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 31, 2010, 01:59:51 am »

Archangel, you're still here. Technically. What do you think of Pandar's roleclaim and plan?
Don't really trust the plan. Don't trust him at all, so I don't believe his claim.

Archangel because duh.
If your reasons are obvious, you should have no trouble reminding us of them. Please restate your case so I can explain why it's bullshit. I'd go digging for it myself but for the fact that it's so hot (High of something like 40 degrees centigrade!) here that I'm going to turn off this computer very soon.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 31, 2010, 07:12:04 am »

1) So you think I'm a godfather who can force everyone to target him and revive? Please. That would be a cosmically imbalanced role.
2) I would guess I started with 5, 6 or 9 kittens. 5 is an average litter size for most cat breeds, 6 is enough I can multidraw or multiblock twice unless I get killed, or 9 because nine lives. If 9, I intend to block everyone next night.
3) So you think I'm a godfather who has JOAT powers and multiple revives? It's funny how you think Wuba has no concept of game balance. For instance, I believe it was you who suggested there might be redirect-immune scum. That is, the question was "So what if Pandarsenic was a role who can shut down everyone except a mafiakiller, multiple times?" You're grasping at straws because you're desperate to turn people against my claim because you're afraid.
1) Not if it's a one shot multidraw, or if your revive comes from an ally.
2) Hilarity! 2.5 to 9 days straight of immortality, depending on how many people are trying to kill you.
3) If there's a scumdoc and your godfather thing is a one-shot, then it's less imbalanced then your claim of being effectively immortal.

Re your declaration to block me: Unvote, vote Nirur Torir. What are you so afraid of? If you don't get lynched I'm going to use my draw on you to commit you to that. Every. Night. You block me no matter what and I can't spend a kitten on my action :3
Excellent. Will you actually make some attempt to actually get people to vote me eventually, beyond just calling me scum and hoping people believe you?

Or will you just hope I go after somebody else, then get one of your buddies to ensure I never wake up?

Mass redirecting/blocking is better because of the 100% block rate, the guarantee I can get investigated and maybe even protected, etc.
Bolded for emphasis.
You're certain that there's a cop. I'm not. You planning on having one of your buddies claim supercop tomorrow?

Of course disabling scum is worth disabling town. Durr. Town has day lynchery, scum relies heavily on night kill. Besides, town's powers will still be there later.
You've still not participated in scum hunting, aside from throwing mud at people who attack you. Are you trusting Zathras to hunt for you?

Yay, immortal Pandarsenics!

Scum being immune to redirects (or roleblocks for that matter): Then my role is nearly useless and Wuba gave me a shit role that thinks it can do things that are useful, but cannot.
A possibly-immortal role, by your reasoning, that can also block somebody at lylo? Useless? It hurts, the laughter does.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2010, 12:33:18 pm »

Native: Sorry, I must have missed that one.

1. I uh...don't really see a question here. But you say you "wouldn't let me off the work after Zathras flipped"? That's a lie, and I'm not the only one that noticed (way at the bottom). Hell, neither is Pandarsenic. So I'm not really getting what you're trying to say there. As to the claims I made, I don't think they're all concisely put somewhere, but they've basically been restated in this argument, so just use the ones I've recently made and we'll go from there.

2. Ahh, you didn't answer my question. What would it take to prove it to you, then? The fact that I did, in fact, Daykill someone? And then I was willing to be blocked, a move that you seem to think is good enough to prove someone is not harmful to town? (Ah, but of course, only when the person in question is attacking your target, right?)

3. Uhh, no, that's not what I'm doing. I'm trying to point out to you how to play the game, because you appear to have some misunderstandings about it. Besides, you're doing the exact same thing you're railing against me for doing.

And as to the final point, well, you missed the point. You say, point-blank, that you KNOW I'm scum. If that's the case, what possible reason could there be for you not voting me throughout the day, and instead waiting for someone else to do it first? That's what we call sidelining; in fact, that's pretty much a textbook example. I'm interested to hear what you have to say, and I hope someone else is reading this and can understand my points.

Business aside, tonight is New Year's Eve. If I'm not on again, Happy New Year!
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2010, 12:41:12 pm »

Okay, I guess I understand Pandar's claim so I'll unvote for now.
While shutting down the scum's kill, I do not think that a mass block helps town at all.
Pandar.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 31, 2010, 03:55:46 pm »

Ottofar: Who do you think the scum are, and why?

I'd say either NF or Joker, I can't really call any new tells. Probably NF, though.
Zathras and cult of dead, I think.
MBP, lurkiness and stuff. (Yes, hypocritical, I know.)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 31, 2010, 07:35:43 pm »

1) Not if it's a one shot multidraw, or if your revive comes from an ally. Grasping
2) Hilarity! 2.5 to 9 days straight of immortality, depending on how many people are trying to kill you. At
3) If there's a scumdoc and your godfather thing is a one-shot, then it's less imbalanced then your claim of being effectively immortal. Straws
You're proposing more and more complex solutions to cloud the situation, refusing to admit the natural conclusion might actually be valid, and that my claim is authentic.

Furthermore, regarding point 2, I'm fairly certain that the use of my multi-abilities was assumed when Wuba drew up my role.

Excellent. Will you actually make some attempt to actually get people to vote me eventually, beyond just calling me scum and hoping people believe you?

Or will you just hope I go after somebody else, then get one of your buddies to ensure I never wake up?

God I wish I could vig you right now, you useless piece of shit. I would kill you and fuck you in your eye socket and both this game and the lives of every person playing in it would be better for it.

Bolded for emphasis.
You're certain that there's a cop. I'm not. You planning on having one of your buddies claim supercop tomorrow?

(Auto) Supermarket: Anyone targeting you receives a one-shot protect, inspect, or roleblock.

That's from the role of the only person who's stayed dead so far. I would be surprised if that was the only source of inspects in this game. You're saying "WELL UH MAYBE WUBA DECIDED THAT IN THE 13-PERSON GAME THERE WOULDN'T BE ANY COPNESS." See Grasping At Straws Instead Of Accepting The Natural Conclusion above for further details.

You've still not participated in scum hunting, aside from throwing mud at people who attack you. Are you trusting Zathras to hunt for you?

Well, this claim has already confirmed for me that you're scum since you're freaking the fuck out over this. That's progress there. Also, I still think Native is scummy for his treatment of Jokerman (Thinks he's scummy, but won't vote him because... he would look scummy for doing it? Not how town works >:[ Bad NF) but I have bigger concerns (i.e. making sure I can use my night multidraw and getting our friendly Mafioso Nirur Cockeatorir lynched) at the moment.

Yay, immortal Pandarsenics! Role balanced for use of multiabilities etc. see above

A possibly-immortal role, by your reasoning, that can also block somebody at lylo? Useless? It hurts, the laughter does.
Do you or do you not think that the scum has someone immune to blocks/redirects? MAKE UP. YOUR MIND. If the scum can't be blocked/redirected, the ability is around as anti-town as being a Miller or a Paranoid War Vet who doesn't react to kills.

Replies in orange.

tl;dr: Nirur Torir is freaking out over my claim for no good reason.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 31, 2010, 07:47:57 pm »

Okay, I guess I understand Pandar's claim so I'll unvote for now.
While shutting down the scum's kill, I do not think that a mass block helps town at all.
Pandar.

You're not committing.  Who do you think is scum?  Why?

Ottofar: Who do you think the scum are, and why?

I'd say either NF or Joker, I can't really call any new tells. Probably NF, though.
Zathras and cult of dead, I think.
MBP, lurkiness and stuff. (Yes, hypocritical, I know.)

Neither are you.  You promise a post, and this is all you give?  Please.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 31, 2010, 07:55:00 pm »

Hey happy new years guys.

And also, orange is the worst color for my eyes pandar.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 31, 2010, 08:04:19 pm »

Hey happy new years guys.

And also, orange is the worst color for my eyes pandar.

Happy New Year.

And deal with it. <_< I'm not going to repost that entire thing in a different color.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 31, 2010, 08:57:40 pm »

Short post as I'm busy with New Years stuff... but wasn't end of day supposed to be today? If so, then a) extension and votecount, please, and b) unvote (and unvote, unvote, unvote to infinity), vote Jokerman (Jokerman, jokerman, jokerman) (I don't think he's in the lead, is he? If he is I'll change it to Toaster).

Regarding the rest: a) Jokerman is still scum, his answers were nonsense and managed to dig himself deeper with them, but it'll be next year before I can answer in detail; b) Pandar's plan seems like a trap to me, but I have no real say in the matter; c) Toaster is also scum.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 31, 2010, 09:09:21 pm »

Oh man, awesome reasoning. I almost want to lynch myself out of sheer respect for your awesome fucking scumhunt talents broseph.

Like fucking whoa.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 31, 2010, 09:30:58 pm »