Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 130596 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 2: Old Friends Discuss New Times
« Reply #435 on: December 30, 2010, 12:15:06 am »

I don't buy your claim.

1) Prevents mafiakillage on nights I'm able to do this (when I run out of kittens I won't be given a warning, it'll just fail)
2) Should confirm my role/alignment, barring usage of a mafia framing ability (I wouldn't put it past Wuba to predict me doing this and give the scum such a power accordingly)
3) Is a better use of my kittens than reviving over and over. Even if the town were too stupid to acknowledge my town alignment and kept lynching me, at least I'd be out of the way of the TCS before too long.
1) Does it? Hypothetical 1: You're scum, and the possible targets are any/all, rather then just all. Hypothetical 2: You're scum, and there's a scum that can't be redirected, which you know.
2) It would confirm that you can draw everyone to you, yes. It doesn't confirm that you're not teamed with somebody who can revive you.
3) Ohh ... kay ... So, the best use of your "FUN AND EXCITING" ability is to prevent the town from getting any actions in tonight, rather then targeting Archangel, IronyOwl, or myself, the only people you think are scummy? (You've done nothing since day 1, so I don't see how your suspicions have changed.)

You still haven't explained why I shouldn't block you tonight.

You've done nothing for the town. You've been waiting for your night action all game, and I really don't believe that your claimed ability is worth hanging around doing nothing for.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #436 on: December 30, 2010, 12:17:35 am »

OK I only found two questions. If I missed any please point them out for me.

Quote from: Zathras, I think
Argembarger: Too lurky. Who are your top picks? If you were scum, who would you have killed last night and why?

God I hate falling behind in mafia games and having to catch up again. It's really hard because everyone's already laid out all these arguments and such; it's hard to have a nice, original thought or two.

And I can't necessarily trust anyone's arguments because they could be scum.

Urg, must fight laziness, must do own work...

OK, here's what I think.

I actually really don't like what I see from both Jokerman and NativeForeigner.

I shall extend their cases directly from my last read on them, where I said,
Quote from: myself
Jokerman-EXE. As much as I want to avoid bringing Zath's death into this, I can't help but feel that you killed him because he had you pinned as scum and that made you uncomfortable. Finger of suspicion for now. Moooostly because I find it very strange that you just sort of say, very matter-of-factly, that you killed Zath, that you regret nothing, and then you leave that little tidbit there and move on to other things (which you may or may not be being attacked for by others at the moment). I don't entirely see how it's justified, I mean, you couldn't have known he was a SK, and any real reason you may have had to suspect him for being scum before his flip sounds OMGUSy to me. But, um, thanks for killing a serial killer? I guess?

I don't want to lay out the impression that I'm clinging to Zathras' tunnel against him mindlessly... just that that whole debacle is pretty irrevocably planted in my head, and asking me to totally ignore it is something I'm not prepared to do.

But now it looks like Joker and Native are OMGUSing each other >:-|

[...]

NativeForeigner. As I said in the Jokerman post, looks like Joker and Native are OMGUSing each other to me, which I would find hilarious, if they weren't focusing exclusively on each other. However, there seems to be some kind of odd thing going on between him and Toaster... A couple of times, it looks like Toaster is pushing Native, and getting him to attack Joker more. I could just be paranoid. And it's a pretty unsubstantial thing to attack someone for, but I'm gonna keep an eye on that. However,

Native, what's your read on Toaster?

Since Day 2 started, they seem to just be doing more of the same, focusing on each other. (-) on both of them.

NativeForeigner appears to be scumhunting though; (+) for him.
Jokerman handled Native and Zathras' questions pretty well, at least in my opinion; (+) for him.

So they're pretty even. So I shall question them! Huzzah!

NativeForeigner,
Your unvote of Zathras here is sending me confusing mixed messages. It looks like you're unvoting him because he attacked Joker. At the very least, your initial vote of Zathras kind of looked halfhearted. You even freely admit, later, that you think Zath's willingness to be blocked could be a ruse. Which is it? And why do you instead choose to IGNORE Zathras in favor of attacking Joker? The two activities can be done simultaneously, you know.

Jokerman,
Native was at least kind enough to share with everyone his reads/suspicions on everyone besides you. I'd like to see you follow suit.

On Zathras, I don't really trust your sudden revival... Unfortunately, it's just something that will have to be confirmed/denied later on. Until that happens, you've been like a laser-guided Jokerman missile. Your case against him is very interesting,
Quote from: truth
"If Zath says he's found scum chances are he's found scum"
but what are your reads on everyone else? (link me if I simply overlooked them somewhere)

For the second question:
If I were scum, I would have wanted to kill Toaster last night. He reads town to me right now and I think Toaster is very effective town.

Unrelated:
Org: Holy shit, words, voting, attempts at usefulness! woo

Quote from: Nirur Torir
Argembarger: You've been quiet. What do you think of my roleclaim?

Um, honestly? I don't know what to think of your roleclaim. Ask me again tomorrow, when the haikus achieve results or something.

OH, except, the one thing I did want to ask. When you answered my question about your haikus earlier, namely that it had to be 5-7-5, I think what I was actually getting at was, can you just pull an arbitrary haiku out of anyone's post if you want? Like in this sentence, the words are arranged in five, seven and five. Well, it would have been, if I could have thought of a grammatically correct one-syllable word to shove in that final phrase. Could you have taken that sentence and called it a haiku for a roleblock? Because there's a good chance almost everyone has "accidentally" posted a haiku in that sense.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 30, 2010, 12:34:21 am »

NativeForeigner,
Your unvote of Zathras here is sending me confusing mixed messages. It looks like you're unvoting him because he attacked Joker. At the very least, your initial vote of Zathras kind of looked halfhearted. You even freely admit, later, that you think Zath's willingness to be blocked could be a ruse. Which is it? And why do you instead choose to IGNORE Zathras in favor of attacking Joker? The two activities can be done simultaneously, you know.

I unvoted Zathras because I felt that he had presented a reasonable case in his defense and his willingness to be blocked would at least render himself harmless during the night. So I felt it would be better to go after someone that I know almost for sure is scum rather than go after someone who is might actually be town now. It doesn't clear his name, and I mentioned that it could be a ruse. There's a slight difference there, if I thought it was a ruse, I might have kept my vote on him, but I don't think it is. If it is, it gets him another day to live but doesn't clear his name.

In short, the reason I chose to go after Joker rather than Zathras is because Jokerman is scummier to me than Zathras is and I want Jokerman gone by the end of today.

Oh, speaking of which, extension, please.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 30, 2010, 01:15:27 am »

Well I can also roleblock everyone (Same mechanics as my draw/multidraw, but with a block) if I wanted to prevent scum actions. I want to be investigated to prove my point though.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 30, 2010, 01:49:27 am »

OH, except, the one thing I did want to ask. When you answered my question about your haikus earlier, namely that it had to be 5-7-5, I think what I was actually getting at was, can you just pull an arbitrary haiku out of anyone's post if you want? Like in this sentence, the words are arranged in five, seven and five. Well, it would have been, if I could have thought of a grammatically correct one-syllable word to shove in that final phrase. Could you have taken that sentence and called it a haiku for a roleblock? Because there's a good chance almost everyone has "accidentally" posted a haiku in that sense.
I considered it, but I believe it has to be intended as a haiku for it to work. Or at least on different lines.

Well I can also roleblock everyone (Same mechanics as my draw/multidraw, but with a block) if I wanted to prevent scum actions. I want to be investigated to prove my point though.
"Litter of kittens" would quite probably have a godfather passive.

Now, explain why you'd be willing to sacrifice 3-4 extra lives to "prove" yourself as town and to stop all night actions.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 30, 2010, 01:58:07 am »

Day Extended to Friday.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 30, 2010, 02:06:22 am »

"Litter of kittens" would quite probably have a godfather passive.[/quote]
That's... actually brilliant. I had considered he might be fakeclaiming for the same reason, but couldn't think of what else he could be.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 30, 2010, 06:39:19 am »

1) Prevents mafiakillage on nights I'm able to do this (when I run out of kittens I won't be given a warning, it'll just fail)
2) Should confirm my role/alignment, barring usage of a mafia framing ability (I wouldn't put it past Wuba to predict me doing this and give the scum such a power accordingly)
3) Is a better use of my kittens than reviving over and over. Even if the town were too stupid to acknowledge my town alignment and kept lynching me, at least I'd be out of the way of the TCS before too long.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 30, 2010, 09:01:43 am »

Sorry guys. My parents decided yesterday would be a good day to do the after-christmas clean-thingie.

Anyways, I'm rereading now.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 30, 2010, 11:20:51 am »

Yeah, I think I'm gonna leave my vote where it is. I'd like to know if t really is a revivocult, as I think it is.

Also, I think NF and Joker are quite equally scummy, MBP coming close behind.

I'll be gone for the next two days, probably. Might be able to post tomorrw morning, though.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 30, 2010, 12:13:39 pm »

Congratulations. You've completely succeeded in convincing me ... that you're a liar and are horrible at fake claiming.

1) Only if you're town.
2) Not even slightly. It might succeed in convincing us that you've got a one-shot multidraw, but that's it.
3) No it isn't. A skilled player alive at lylo and apparently unkillable would be devastatingly effective for any alignment. Even if you did believe that the delay was worth sacrificing three or four lives over, you would be using your limited time wisely instead of doing nothing.

I'm guessing scum-JAOT for you, with each kitten having an ability that sacrifices it.

You have my block tonight. I'm not voting you right now, as you might revive again, and there are other people who need to die. Currently, I'm waiting on Jokerman's responses to questioning.

Ottofar: Who do you think the scum are, and why?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 30, 2010, 02:24:00 pm »

Spoiler: Zathras (click to show/hide)

Nirur:
You can't stop me mate.
'Cos I am unblockable
No, you can't stop me.

Does that work? I don't care if you block me, because like I said, I already gave up my night ability.

Arg: Zathras is likely telling the truth about not being the SK anymore, but I would think that it's obvious we have a NecroCult. Scum he ain't, but it's worth looking at. Native, for the reasons that I've stated before and the fact that he still hasn't said anything other than, "Zath is right, Joker's scum, his reasons for voting me are garbage and I don't have to prove why because they're garbage." Pandar might be fake-claiming, though I actually believe he took A Litter of Kittens as his role. Org, Ottofar, and Archangel are useless and lurky. Argembarger was lurking for a bit there, but his recent post has pretty much shown that he was able to catch up. Other than that, not much I can see.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 30, 2010, 02:29:46 pm »

So, there was wifi where I stayed, however, it did not reach thr back, which is where I was. Kinda annoyed.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 30, 2010, 05:26:09 pm »

Spoiler: Zathras (click to show/hide)

Nirur:
You can't stop me mate.
'Cos I am unblockable
No, you can't stop me.

Does that work? I don't care if you block me, because like I said, I already gave up my night ability.

Arg: Zathras is likely telling the truth about not being the SK anymore, but I would think that it's obvious we have a NecroCult. Scum he ain't, but it's worth looking at. Native, for the reasons that I've stated before and the fact that he still hasn't said anything other than, "Zath is right, Joker's scum, his reasons for voting me are garbage and I don't have to prove why because they're garbage." Pandar might be fake-claiming, though I actually believe he took A Litter of Kittens as his role. Org, Ottofar, and Archangel are useless and lurky. Argembarger was lurking for a bit there, but his recent post has pretty much shown that he was able to catch up. Other than that, not much I can see.

I'm sorry, but if I'm reading this correctly you're basically saying that you don't have to prove my reason for voting you is "garbage". What makes you think you're above the rest of us? You haven't answered many of my questions nd you have yet to provide evidence as requested. Instead, you choose to bash on my reason to vote you but do NOTHING to prove that anything you're saying is true. If anything is garbage, it's you. If you "don't have to prove" that my reasons are garbage, then what DO you have to do? Sit around and twiddle your thumbs, ignoring anything I say against you? Sorry bud, doesn't work that way. Get to proving. Oh wait, you can't, can you? Because you're full of shit. Funny how that works out.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 30, 2010, 09:25:49 pm »

Re-link me to your questions, then.

PFP
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp