Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Powder Toy  (Read 55755 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Toy
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2010, 10:18:23 pm »

Also, Akura, could you publish the plasma gun?
??? Publish?
You know, out it on the powder toy site.
Coal is more or less temporary nuclear weapon proof. The blast shockwave won't affect it in the least, but it will be lit on fire and burn. Filling a thick-walled box of coal with plutonium and introducing a few neutrons has awesome results. As in, high pressure plasma jets when it finally burns through the coal walls.

Note to Destroyable City 5 maker: Wood planes don't stand up to concentrated fire jets.

EDIT: And the reason PLUT becomes URAN is because of NEUTs changing elements. They have the bastard habit of doing that. Try firing a few off at gunpowder, and be amazed when it becomes dust.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:38:11 pm by breadbocks »
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2010, 11:01:45 pm »

Nope. In a vacuum (devoid of plutonium into neutron reactions) under a bombardment of neutrons, no conversion to uranium or stone or any other substance takes place. Thus it must be something done by the plutonium itself.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2010, 11:57:18 pm »

I've found that Thunder is the most powerful explosive in the game.  A small circle of it will annihilate most materials through pressure.

Nope. In a vacuum (devoid of plutonium into neutron reactions) under a bombardment of neutrons, no conversion to uranium or stone or any other substance takes place. Thus it must be something done by the plutonium itself.

Having done this by accident, try Coal.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2010, 04:39:58 pm »

I can confirm that it is neutrons ramming plutonium making uranium. In a ~2 pressure environment, with just a solid wall container, and nothing else in it, creating enough plutonium in one go that it makes neutrons, when the dust cleared, there was uranium.

EDIT: And in a test designed to prove the above, I also discovered that the cause of the lava you sometimes see after a nuke, was from the uranium being rammed by neutrons, which made stone, which was heated to insane amount by the uranium being pressurized.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 04:51:34 pm by breadbocks »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 03:46:58 am »

I'm currently engaging in the favorite activity of all DF players - making exceptionally elaborate traps.

This is my latest creation - a temple to the Eternal Blue Flame of Ultimate Destruction.

In action:

Using external tools is forbidden, of course. The only way to get into the temple is by "peeing" dust into the pyramids on either side of the temple, which energizes the e-wall and lets the stickman pass. Once there, the stickman must dive into the blue flame hologram to trigger the temple, which produces that lovely "permanent plasma arc" glitch in conjunction with a small quantity of gunpowder. Activation of the temple assures destruction of just about everything destructible on the map. I like it, but I want to make the entry mechanism a little more sophisticated. Suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:52:44 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2010, 08:36:32 pm »

I've been messing around with this, and found, to my delight, the ultimate recipe for Remote Firing Rocket. A single spark sets it off, and the BAM. It explodes in their faces. Upload and diagram in a bit.

Wait... how do you upload something you've already saved? FUUUUU...

Anyways, diagram.

Ends up blowing up not quite as I first thought. Big boom, but to sides and back.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:04:20 pm by breadbocks »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 09:36:28 pm »

I just copied that design haphazardly from that screenshot, and it looks like internal pressure is what's causing it to rupture. Try encasing part of the rocket in coal or something.

I also switched out the oil for diesel. It didn't rupture, but there wasn't much of a fire trail. I also tried gas, but it ignited spontaneously(but with a nice fire trail, no rupture).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2010, 10:40:47 pm »

I always love these types of games until I see someone make something LIKE THIS:

Then I realize it is far too complex for me to make something like this, ever, without copying somebody. You crazy people, making base nine numerical conversion chambers in video games. I love you all... until I try it too.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2010, 10:44:17 pm »

i just go through all the saved worlds, make a nuke, and blow them up. I love doing that, I can do it for hours, i HAVE done it for hours.
I got nothing

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 11:04:10 pm »

I just copied that design haphazardly from that screenshot, and it looks like internal pressure is what's causing it to rupture. Try encasing part of the rocket in coal or something.

I also switched out the oil for diesel. It didn't rupture, but there wasn't much of a fire trail. I also tried gas, but it ignited spontaneously(but with a nice fire trail, no rupture).
No, it wasn't rupture. The fail was at the C4 tip. Take a guess at why.
If it is rupturing for you, try making metal thicker.

And, just figured out how to get the time release on the warhead. Replace the stuff in the middle of the RBDM and WATR with a bar of coal. And replace the C4 wrapping with coal too.

Hmmm... Coal can't be the barrier. It gets put out by the water. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:50:35 pm by breadbocks »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2010, 11:14:07 am »

Then I realize it is far too complex for me to make something like this, ever, without copying somebody. You crazy people, making base nine numerical conversion chambers in video games. I love you all... until I try it too.

Download the game, look at the list of stuff people have made public, look for electronics, and find the 8x6 text display.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2010, 11:44:51 am »

The 8x6 display is incredible. Slowish, but incredible. Maybe not as impressive as a calculator I've seen done in wxSand, because it uses a cheapish route to store the letter information, but still very good.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2010, 12:13:03 pm »

I made a water cannon. It shoots water vapor that's hotter than stock plasma.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Top pic is with temperature turned off.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2010, 02:39:15 pm »

I made a water cannon. It shoots water vapor that's hotter than stock plasma.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Top pic is with temperature turned off.

That is awesome. It can go through solid metal.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2010, 03:25:35 pm »

Got my rocket fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14