Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Powder Toy  (Read 55747 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Toy
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 07:20:06 pm »

EDIT2: How do you download one of the premade files off the site? I can't seem to find a link.
Two ways: First, click to load button in the bottom left corner. Other way is to make an account on the site, click the download button, then push the load button in Powder Toy.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 07:21:53 pm »

Aha. Cheers.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 07:22:53 pm »

How did you guys make such tiny lines there? I don't see a way to change the cursor size.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 07:28:04 pm »

Mousewheel.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 07:30:20 pm »

Mousewheel.

And if no mousewheel?......

Edit: NM, found the function on my touchpad.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 07:34:16 pm »

I love making and exploding nukes.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 07:42:55 pm »

Glass is being wierd for me, when I used the line tool to make a border for the triangle and used fill, photons went 'under' the filled area but went through the line tool made part.

I was trying to do the stuff with light tat was posted in the forums over there, but I guess thats for the beta version, so its not actually available yet.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 08:10:02 pm »

Photons go through glass.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2010, 08:17:12 pm »

I mean it goes UNDER the graphics, as in it dissapears, in the case I observed anyway. I know photons go through glass, I just thought it would appear to be on top of the glass rather than under it.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2010, 08:24:13 pm »

Glass is being wierd for me, when I used the line tool to make a border for the triangle and used fill, photons went 'under' the filled area but went through the line tool made part.

I was trying to do the stuff with light tat was posted in the forums over there, but I guess thats for the beta version, so its not actually available yet.

Here is a direct link to the beta. Works for me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2010, 08:44:47 pm »

I'm using 42.3, so yea, probably just a quirk there.

Edit: Just checked out the 43 beta and it works as it should there, so its a quirk with the 42 version.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:56:16 pm by smjjames »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2010, 09:07:48 pm »

Just like to share my findings, that the best nuke is a orb of Plutonium, wrapped in Insulation, and has a thunder core to set it off. It works find in empty, but when you pressurize the area with AIR, it gets really spectacular. Also, Akura, could you publish the plasma gun?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2010, 09:15:09 pm »

Temperature of a material affects the reactivity. Plutonium cooled to solid nitrogen levels (near absolute zero) won't even go critical!

Plutonium with occasionally spontaneously create neutrons due to minor pressure variations, which in a large pile has a good chance of setting of a reaction. Higher temperature = more neutrons

Coal is more or less temporary nuclear weapon proof. The blast shockwave won't affect it in the least, but it will be lit on fire and burn. Filling a thick-walled box of coal with plutonium and introducing a few neutrons has awesome results. As in, high pressure plasma jets when it finally burns through the coal walls.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:29:53 pm by alway »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2010, 09:35:48 pm »

Temperature doesn't affect plutonium. Pressure is what causes neutrons. I've gotten plutonium up to the maximum(just under 10k°C) and nothing happened. No neutrons, no combusted plutonium. At near absolute zero plutonium, using just a bit of AIR caused critical mass. What causes those spontaneous neutrons is when you pile plutonium on itself, the weight of plutonium falling onto plutonium causes neutrons.

I noticed during a plutonium-only nuclear reaction that some of the plutonium became uranium, and I guess some of the uranium became lava.

Also, Akura, could you publish the plasma gun?
??? Publish?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2010, 09:52:58 pm »

Huh... guilty as charged, as shown by my white hole induced -217C plutonium explosion.

As for the uranium, yep, that appears to be a byproduct of it somehow. And since uranium is pressure-activated, I also suspect much of the reaction's heat comes from it. Testing in a vacuum shows it isn't a result of a neutron-plutonium reaction, so it must be the process of generating neutrons.
The lava doesn't seem to be the uranium though. It appears to be creating stone as a byproduct as well. This is then heated by the runaway reactions into lava.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 09:55:45 pm by alway »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14