Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Powder Toy  (Read 55722 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Powder Toy
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 04:32:51 pm »

It has heat simulation. Move your mouse over an element in the field and it will tell you how hot it is. It also has elements that interact with heat.
Dude, your avatar pic.... what is that?
I could be wrong but I think that's Delve Deeper. it's available on Steam.
Wrong. It's cortex command, available on Datarealms.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »

Anyone know what program can open .ppm files(the screenshots)?

I made another nuke(nukes are fun), but I made the shell of it out the wrong material(glass), which shattered before most of the plutonium could fission.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 04:48:02 pm »

It has heat simulation. Move your mouse over an element in the field and it will tell you how hot it is. It also has elements that interact with heat.
Dude, your avatar pic.... what is that?
I could be wrong but I think that's Delve Deeper. it's available on Steam.
Wrong. It's cortex command, available on Datarealms.

Noted. I downloaded the demo for that the other day but never got round to playing it.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 04:57:30 pm »

Anyone know what program can open .ppm files(the screenshots)?

I made another nuke(nukes are fun), but I made the shell of it out the wrong material(glass), which shattered before most of the plutonium could fission.
You've been saving them with the S key right? Bring it up with K, pause the simulation, and change what you need to.

Out of curiosity, has anyone figured out how to to circles without painstakingly stabbing yourself in the eye with a pen yet?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 05:01:05 pm »

No, P. It creates a screenshot saved in .ppm format.

As for circles, did you try scrolling up with the mouse wheel(with most things except walls and gasses, it's a circle placement), placing something, scrolling down and placing a Remove Particle right in the center? It might be hard to get it into the exact center, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 05:36:07 pm »

Anyone found the "line tool" to direct fans?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 05:38:16 pm »

No, P. It creates a screenshot saved in .ppm format.

As for circles, did you try scrolling up with the mouse wheel(with most things except walls and gasses, it's a circle placement), placing something, scrolling down and placing a Remove Particle right in the center? It might be hard to get it into the exact center, though.

Trying to do what with the screenshots? Gimp seems to be able to open them (though they are horribly distorted). I'm assuming they made something specifically to open them, or that there's some sort of option to make them viewable by people. The alternative is Alt+PrintScreen.

No, I didn't know about the mouse wheel thing though. Right clicking removes particles, so if I can avoid moving my mouse as I scroll, I should be able to manage. Thanks!
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 05:55:40 pm »

Anyone found the "line tool" to direct fans?
Hold Shift as you drag. Ctrl-drag is a fill-box. Shift-Ctrl-Click is flood-fill.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 06:06:04 pm »

Ah, thanks.

Also I found the issue with heat.  "Air" (aka "empty") doesn't conduct heat.  But if you put a nuke inside a diamond prison and put oil on top it will catch fire.
(Thermite doesn't, even at 9000 degrees) but I think Thermite is considered "fire ignition only."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:07:46 pm by Draco18s »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 06:20:22 pm »

I think that is just for the heat filter. I have yet to see any object ignite from simply being near but not touching magma, the hottest element, making me believe heat is purely cosmetic.
It's not.  Make a nuke in a city.  Buildings catch fire and start to disintegrate before the bomb penetrates its shell.
We are actually both right. I thought you were talking about Powder Game and not Powder Toy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Detrevni|inverteD

• Bay Watcher
  • Sometimes you have to step back to appreciate art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 06:27:52 pm »

Is there a way to change the resolution? The tiny writing is giving me eye strain.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 06:50:40 pm »

I might have been wrong about the line-draw tool being the "line tool" needed for a fan. I just tried it, and it didn't accelerate the gas at all(or at least any noticable amount). Trying to make a plasma accelerator gun, but the ionized gas doesn't leave quickly enough. And the release method, zapping an E-Wall to release the trapped gas, also sets off the gas prematurely(although with the problem of the gas not moving fast enough, it de-ionizes before it leave the gun anyway).

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 07:24:58 pm »

It does accelerate it, but plasma cools down very fast. Try placing a gob of goo behind the fan. It'll disintegrate slowly.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 07:45:36 pm »

Is there a way to change the resolution? The tiny writing is giving me eye strain.

Sort of. Create a shortcut to the executable of your choice. At the end, affix "Scale:2". It'll make it pretty huge, perhaps too huge, but it's the only way I know.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 08:06:41 pm »

Sort of. Create a shortcut to the executable of your choice. At the end, affix "Scale:2". It'll make it pretty huge, perhaps too huge, but it's the only way I know.

I tried that and it won't accept non letter/number characters. I did try it in parts other than the name, and still didn't work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14