Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1962723 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #16800 on: September 16, 2016, 11:49:18 pm »

Some webcomic, I think it was Applegeeks or maybe 6panelsoul, joked about Carbuncle in Final Fantasy.  And how you should be very careful when looking it up.
Especially on image search.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16801 on: September 21, 2016, 12:45:49 am »

So... I've noticed a common element to my recent sleep issues.  I'm still waking up in the middle of the night.  And I noticed that when I do, I'm getting hit with these sensations that make it difficult to fall back asleep.  It feels like a split-second jolt of electricity to the brain, accompanied by a flash of light (despite closed eyes).  The closest thing I can relate it to after a bit of googling is "Exploding Head Syndrome", except I don't experience a loud noise with it.  Apparently I'm not the only one who gets this - I see lots of references about to brain jolts/zaps.

I'm not sure how long this has been going on, because I've always ignored whatever my mind does when falling asleep.  But I've noticed it for a couple weeks now as consistently happening after I've woken up in the middle of the night, and am trying to fall back asleep.  I'm beginning to get the sense that it's related to either the onset or departure of the intruder experience.  And I'm wondering if it's linked to melatonin somehow, because I only began taking that stuff a few months ago.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16802 on: September 21, 2016, 12:52:22 am »

You're a psyker.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16803 on: September 21, 2016, 02:01:07 am »

That happens to me sometimes as well, Salmon. Maybe I have infected you with something through the internet tubes. We'll have to compare all our sleeping experiences to investigate.

Personally I do associate it with the same place of mind or circumstances as when I get the daytime sleep paralysis fits. I realised something while thinking it over and I think I would relate it, the daytime experiences at least, including the buzzawakes, to when I haven't gotten enough sleep for a while. Often while I'm in such a state of sleep deprivation that I get head aches (or at least I presume so because sleeping is the only way to get rid of them) anxiety... Attacks is a bit too strong a word, but I'm not sure what to call them. Anxiety floods?

Another thing that happens to me every so often that is similar to the jolting is - well, you know the feeling when you fall in a dream and you wake up and for a moment you feel as if you've landed or crashed into the bed? Well, I get the same feeling in the whole of my body janking me awake, but seemingly without the dreams accompaning it, and sometimes while I am still awake as far as I can tell, but about to fall asleep. It is similar to the sleep jolting in that it sometimes happen over and over again, keeping me from being able to sleep. Does that happen to you too?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:21:41 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16804 on: September 21, 2016, 07:22:55 am »

I haven't got enough sleep for a long time.  I average 5-6 hours a night during the week, and then binge sleep for 10-12 hours on Fri & Sat nights.  Been taking naps more often, too.  I very, very rarely get headaches, though.

The falling thing doesn't happen to me very often, and it isn't very strong when it does.  I never get the sensation of landing.  But the brain zaps are always when I'm beginning to drift back into sleep, and only after I've woken up in the middle of the night.  Never when I'm falling asleep for the first time.  They're not such a strong experience that they jolt me fully awake, but they definitely do to some extend and make it more difficult to get back to sleep.

Everything I read says that these things can happen when waking up, too... but I don't have anything else going on when waking up besides sluggishness.  Feels like my blood has been replaced with glue, and just doesn't want to get flowing.  But I've been that way my whole life.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:24:42 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16805 on: September 21, 2016, 07:58:51 am »

Could be a form of sleep paralysis. Probably nothing to get worried about, but I'd recommend seeing a neurologist just for safety's sake, since you seem to experience such things frequently.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16806 on: September 21, 2016, 03:34:03 pm »

I'm at the career fair and I've frozen up from nervousness and not knowing what I'm doing ;-;
It's FEF, not FEOF

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16807 on: September 21, 2016, 06:00:08 pm »

I'm at the career fair and I've frozen up from nervousness and not knowing what I'm doing ;-;
*hugs*
Calm down, take a deep breath, the recruiters are cabbages.

You got this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16808 on: September 24, 2016, 02:55:34 pm »

I'm going to Japan today, I'm leaning towards the fucking terrified side of excitement.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16809 on: September 24, 2016, 03:11:42 pm »

There are... terrible jokes to be made there.  But congratulations, I hope to go someday!

Merger goes through in less than a week, and I've caught a serious cold.  Last few nights were pretty feverish - not bad, but certainly not restful.  Bizarre.  Dreams of the "I can actually rest if I solve this nonsensical puzzle" variety.  Along with the... other variety, the paralysis and incorporated anxiety form.

Though last night was kinda remarkable in that I begged for the apparition of my brother to help me up, instead of giving me a frat tattoo.  And it did, and I woke up gasping but relieved.  That was pretty nice.

Whether the new company lets us go (probably) or not, my life is going to change a lot.  Either way is fine, but not knowing which is... rough.  The anticipation is probably the worst part.  I've had this job for 9 years, I dropped out of college for it.  Most of my coworkers are old and don't really care.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16810 on: September 24, 2016, 05:21:15 pm »

I'm terrified that I might not have enough Doritos to fully enjoy the US presidential debate on Monday.

We have pools going as to how long it takes both nominees to begin acting like children.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16811 on: September 29, 2016, 07:35:58 am »

I think I just had a heart attack on the bus... Or a panic attack.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16812 on: September 29, 2016, 07:37:36 am »

I think I just had a heart attack on the bus... Or a panic attack.
Panic attack != heart attack ._. although both may have feelings of pain associated (and that pain to the heart may feel as if it hits 'other areas' too, because of how the nerves work).

Hope you check it up soon, and glad to see you're doing ok!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16813 on: September 29, 2016, 07:39:09 am »

Cold sweat, tingling in the left arm, only deep breathing helped. No chest pains.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16814 on: September 29, 2016, 07:43:11 am »

Very likely not a heart attack. You can get those feelings from a whole myriad of things, but it could possibly be indicative of a developing heart condition. If you get those with some level of frequency, you should prob try to consult a cardiologist.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 1420