Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1966110 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #13950 on: August 12, 2015, 04:09:02 am »

this much
(                                                                                                                                                                    )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #13951 on: August 12, 2015, 04:42:57 am »

A level results tomorrow. Tension... rising... rising.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13952 on: August 12, 2015, 06:03:08 am »

Job interview.

I don't have relevant qualifications, trying to enter on a trainee level.
"I'm interviewing three other people with the relevant qualifications."

Fuck. Guess there goes that opportunity.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #13953 on: August 12, 2015, 06:04:55 am »

I wouldn't say so, necessarily - often they're looking for the person, rather than the qualification. My sister got a job helping someone with autism, and she didn't have any nursing qualification at all, despite it being a requirement of the job.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #13954 on: August 12, 2015, 08:17:18 am »

@Arx: The official reason for x.99 prices was that back in the day, it was like that so the cashier had to open the register to get change and thus couldn't just pocket the money the person gave them for product they were buying without it being on record.

The reason why it's likely still that way even though we have scanners and stuff is to psychologically lure more people into buying stuff. 7.99 on instinct looks significantly cheaper than 8.00 even though for all intents and purposes they're the same price. The first number is the thing that we pay the most attention to.

Heh, I think there was a study recently that showed the opposite, although I can't check right now.

Also I wasn't confused as to why, just how exactly that fits together from a legal standpoint. Possibly they just donate four cents per item to all customers.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13955 on: August 12, 2015, 11:00:45 am »

Fun fact: Finland, the country I live in, rounds every checkout price to the nearest 5 cents, if cash is used. In the long run, both the buyer and seller break even on occasionally paying more or less money, and nobody needs to bother with 1 or 2 cent coins.

Does anybody even actually use their minimum denomination coins to pay? Whenever I travel, they (of whichever local currency) just become souvenirs for me.

We live in very different cultures then. If the US government discontinued 1 cent coins, the stores here would round all prices UP.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #13956 on: August 12, 2015, 11:34:39 am »

Fun fact: Finland, the country I live in, rounds every checkout price to the nearest 5 cents, if cash is used. In the long run, both the buyer and seller break even on occasionally paying more or less money, and nobody needs to bother with 1 or 2 cent coins.

Does anybody even actually use their minimum denomination coins to pay? Whenever I travel, they (of whichever local currency) just become souvenirs for me.

We live in very different cultures then. If the US government discontinued 1 cent coins, the stores here would round all prices UP.
Oh, DANG IT. Now they'll have to round it to Nickels...
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13957 on: August 12, 2015, 12:18:49 pm »

Yeah, @ IcyTea it's the same here regarding rounding to five cents. It's mainly because our 1 cent and 2 cent coins became worth less than the copper they were made from, and it is almost getting to that point with the 5c coins. (Australia.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13958 on: August 12, 2015, 12:21:29 pm »

Those $X.99 prices generally irritate me enough that I prefer to buy a product with an honest, whole-dollar price. 
Even if it is a little bit more expensive. Unless I'm really broke at the time, naturally.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13959 on: August 12, 2015, 10:41:38 pm »

Yeah, @ IcyTea it's the same here regarding rounding to five cents. It's mainly because our 1 cent and 2 cent coins became worth less than the copper they were made from, and it is almost getting to that point with the 5c coins. (Australia.)
The obvious solution is to drive the price of copper through the floor by any means necessary.

(Actually probably not)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13960 on: August 12, 2015, 10:50:08 pm »

Not sure if I'm gonna wake up from this food coma.
A "chimichanga" is the most ridiculous crazy-huge meal I've gone up against in a while. It was delicious, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13961 on: August 12, 2015, 10:56:32 pm »

Not sure if I'm gonna wake up from this food coma.
A "chimichanga" is the most ridiculous crazy-huge meal I've gone up against in a while. It was delicious, though.

Good mexican food is some tasty shit, man.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #13962 on: August 12, 2015, 11:13:39 pm »

In NZ the smallest denomination we have are ten cent coins (although the vast majority of people use EFTPOS anyway) but stores still keep the X.99 price thing because they're jerks. Even petrol prices are displayed a tenth of a cent lower because reasons.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13963 on: August 12, 2015, 11:15:43 pm »

I don't know why I decided to see a rabbit decomposition time lapse video.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13964 on: August 13, 2015, 12:15:53 am »

I don't know why I decided to see a rabbit decomposition time lapse video.

WE WATCHED ONE OF THOSE IN HIGH SCHOOL IN BIOLOGY CLASS. NEVER AGAIN.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 1420