Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964241 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6150 on: December 17, 2013, 07:39:44 pm »

Before I say this I should just state,I'm not the most mentally stable person.(Read:Schizoaffective disorder)
Oh,and I'm very easy to scare.
So today I had an episode in class and kept hearing scratching noises and so I went to the nurse's office,which is in a separate building and on the way back I saw a man in the distance who looked like...well,let's just say he certainly didn't look fucking human.
Ever since then I've feared that he's come back,and now it's night and my parents are gone out to eat.
Halp  :'(

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: December 17, 2013, 07:44:53 pm »

Have you discussed ways to cope with anyone? Maybe try to distract yourself (preferably not with a horror movie I suppose)?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: December 17, 2013, 07:49:51 pm »

Very likely to fail school.
It's my fault entirely.
FFfffffffaaaaaaaq
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: December 17, 2013, 08:01:14 pm »

Very likely to fail school.
It's my fault entirely.
FFfffffffaaaaaaaq
Post a topic in Life Advice if you haven't already. People might know ways to save you from failing.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 08:03:11 pm by Elephant Parade »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: December 17, 2013, 08:04:45 pm »

I know how not to fail, I just lack the willpower to do it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: December 17, 2013, 11:11:42 pm »

I've shocked friends, professors, and fellow employees alike for having a dumbphone. The fact that society has so accepted the whole "get bent over by phone providers so you can play with your little touchscreen thing" is a wee bit scary to me.

I've opted instead to get a crappy little tablet at a sixth of the cost of a modern phone. How much are you paying in hardware just to be able to accept phone calls, anyways?
Nothing, usually. I usually opt for the free-with-contract phone. The one I'm currently on cost less than a crappy tablet ($99) and is generally faster.
My current dumbphone is 2 years old, I spent $40 on it, and with Boost I get unlimited data and calls for $35 a month. only out of cell service when I'm underground or in the mountains. I also don't feel compelled to continually touch my phone, which is a plus. It has internet access but it sucks because it's so slow and tiny so I never use it. Games would be pointless. The only thing I wish it had was navigation, but my girlfriend has a smartphone so she just uses hers.

I have a technically smart phone that's three years old. I spent nothing on it, as it was a handmedown from my grandfather - it's a superb phone, and the only gripe I have with it is that it's a bit prone to crashing. It gets navigation too.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: December 18, 2013, 08:42:19 am »

I'd post this in the Stupid Thread, but it's gone. It makes me terrified too, though, so here y'all go.

Snapchat. It's a redundant app for phones and tablets, and other things, that lets you take pictures and send them to people with messages.

Most phones, even dumb ones, already do this.

And yet, it's gotten to be such an infestation that whenever I go into a class there'll be several people who just snapchat everyone terrible pictures of themselves all class, tilting it 45° like that makes it better.

That is another thing that I don't understand. I will rarely see a picture of one of my classmates, especially female ones, that isn't a picture of themselves with their mouths open, tilted 45°.

People wonder why I like to avoid other people.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: December 18, 2013, 08:53:14 am »

Isn't it meant to delete the pictures after a while? Or am I thinking of something else?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: December 18, 2013, 08:57:07 am »

I wouldn't know. I never use it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: December 18, 2013, 11:16:30 am »

Yes, it's designed so that you send a picture, they look at it, and then it's supposed to be deleted.

You can see what it's used for, mostly. *wiggles eyebrows*

I don't use it myself.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: December 18, 2013, 04:32:05 pm »

So I watch this episode of Gintama yesterday. Where Gintoki gets total amnesia some five times troughout the episode (to which Kagura comments, this wouldn't be Gintama if we didn't overdo it). Funny shit all that, before it turned completely grim and it seriously looked like the show had a change of heart and shit just got real (and it continued into the next episode before turning silly again).

And shit got me thinking, I never considered memory loss that much. And I realised, how horrifying it must me, to know that you had a life, but cannot recall it. To not know anything about yourself. Who you are, what you are like. Anthing really.

So yeah, do not want, at all. (though a certain part of me got morbidly curious about how it would truly feel to be like that)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6161 on: December 18, 2013, 05:02:15 pm »

I know how not to fail, I just lack the willpower to do it.
"Willpower" can entail a lot of things.

Depression, ADHD, and several other things can sap it, and it's NOT your fault if they do.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: December 18, 2013, 06:05:22 pm »

I was thinking yesterday, what if snowden HAD actually been a enemy agent. What if he had taken the data he stole, and ACTUALLY given it all to terrorists and dictatorships and criminial organizations.
The fact that the NSA has so much sensitive data that can be stole by single person that could not only harm the US, but harm the entire global economy (eg. backdoors into banks and pretty much the entire internet) terrifies me.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #6163 on: December 18, 2013, 06:10:40 pm »

Before I say this I should just state,I'm not the most mentally stable person.(Read:Schizoaffective disorder)
Oh,and I'm very easy to scare.
So today I had an episode in class and kept hearing scratching noises and so I went to the nurse's office,which is in a separate building and on the way back I saw a man in the distance who looked like...well,let's just say he certainly didn't look fucking human.
Ever since then I've feared that he's come back,and now it's night and my parents are gone out to eat.
Halp  :'(

The reminds me of the time a younger friend of mine (12yo at the time) mentioned that he sometimes saw shadowly people outside his (2nd floor) window, and otherwise watching him.

I told him that maybe they were creatures from another dimension that were just watching, but now that he spoke about them aloud, and told someone, they were going to 'get' him.

He didn't sleep for 3 days after that.

I still feel bad about when he was caught shoplifting as a kid, telling him "I'm really disappointed in myself, I should have known better than to think you were a good person."

Nowadays, I know how to handle those kinds of things much better.

He also just got out of yet another psychiatric hospital today (he's 30 now), he also has a schizoaffective disorder, and was still very manic, but still says that I'm his best friend...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #6164 on: December 18, 2013, 06:13:24 pm »

I was thinking yesterday, what if snowden HAD actually been a enemy agent. What if he had taken the data he stole, and ACTUALLY given it all to terrorists and dictatorships and criminial organizations.
The fact that the NSA has so much sensitive data that can be stole by single person that could not only harm the US, but harm the entire global economy (eg. backdoors into banks and pretty much the entire internet) terrifies me.

I think their screening worked too well.

They hired someone who wouldn't stand by and let the rights of the American people be unconstitutionally violated.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1420