Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965072 times)

Snateraar

• Bay Watcher
  • [INORGANIC:BIRD_CRAZY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #4545 on: July 23, 2013, 08:59:48 am »

What if clouds are miniature eldritch abominations and when you're riding in a car in the middle of a flat plain in the middle of nowhere with no cars around they could just swoop down and grab your car and eat it and nobody would know

Just like the moon, when driving on the highway it appears to follow you...What if it does?
Urist McSnate likes malachite, copper bars, birds and goblinite for its abundance. When possible, he prefers to consume tea and toast. He absolutely detests elves.

A tall, clumsy creature fond of birds and industry.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: July 23, 2013, 02:57:49 pm »

What if clouds are miniature eldritch abominations and when you're riding in a car in the middle of a flat plain in the middle of nowhere with no cars around they could just swoop down and grab your car and eat it and nobody would know

Just like the moon, when driving on the highway it appears to follow you...What if it does?
The moon didn't exist before the Apollo mission. It was put there by the NSA. IT'S ALL A CONSPIRACY! WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!

(Now I should post in the happy thread about how "Wake up sheeple" is even more hilarious than the correct, but still incredibly stupid, phrase.)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: July 23, 2013, 03:24:53 pm »

Fuck human vision detecting shapes and making them look like faces/bodies.
There was this specific light from the moon shining through my curtains creating a shadow on the wall that looked like legit face in the darkness.
That sacred me so hard i grabbed my old hockey stick and was ready to swing my hardest at anything in front of me.

This vacuum cleaner. This ever-loving graces-hell-and-back vacuum cleaner at the hotel I worked at. It didn't matter where I put it. It didn't matter if it was plugged in or not. You go through so many rooms, cleaning them up, etc, and they all look a certain way, except when there's a vacuum cleaner in there, and since you get so used to the rhythm and droll of it, the baser portion of your consciousness screams at it when you catch the thing in your peripherals. You think it's no big deal, but empty hotels are quiet, and doubly creepy, and there's just this shape that doesn't fit anywhere when it's not put away and it'll startle you a stupidly large number of times when it's just a vacuum cleaner.

Just a vacuum cleaner.

I'm so glad I quit.

I had a thing where random clothes sitting on the floor would all look, out of the corner of my eye, exactly like my cat. Not so much creepy as 'what the hell brain, clothes am not cat', though.
I have that too.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: July 23, 2013, 03:27:41 pm »

When I was sleeping in my brother's former flat, I found the flag above the bed was like a doorway to a dimension of black. It was kinda creepy, since I was thinking about SCPs (As my mind always wanders to when I'm in a dark place with little sound), and I was thinking about the theory that everything is a SCP, it's just that they require specific ways to activate them to make them a SCP. Which just doesn't imply great things.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: July 24, 2013, 07:05:21 am »

Somehow a kid in Everquest who thought he would make jokes about child molestation and rape managed to send me into one of my flashbacks. That is at least half of the reason why I haven't slept in about twenty-seven hours now and am feeling many different kinds of fucked up right now.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4550 on: July 24, 2013, 10:33:49 am »

I'm going to the ear, nose and throat doctor tomorrow. I probably have a growth in my nose (benign), and if I'm unlucky I need it removed via nasal endoscopy :( I'm terrified of having things stuck into my nose under local anesthesia. ;_____;

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: July 24, 2013, 11:02:31 am »

Look on the bright side, under local anesthesia there is zero chance of unintentional anesthetic awareness occurring.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: July 24, 2013, 11:04:57 am »

Look on the bright side, under local anesthesia there is zero chance of unintentional anesthetic awareness occurring.

what if we took local anesthesia and applied it to every point of the body separately

it's the best of both worlds

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: July 24, 2013, 11:05:31 am »

what if we took local anesthesia and applied it to every point of the body separately

No, that's death by overdose.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: July 24, 2013, 11:07:09 am »

No, that's death by overdose.

it may be death by overdose but it's also a zero chance of unintentional anesthetic awareness occuring

but wait, there's more

you now have an organ donor free of charge

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: July 24, 2013, 11:08:54 am »

Pretty sure that much anesthesia would destroy your organs. Some of them, anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: July 24, 2013, 11:50:49 am »

They don't simply cut.
They drill, too.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4557 on: July 24, 2013, 11:57:47 am »

Stop terrifying me. Now I'm worrying they'll stick a huge needle into my nose. -_-
Maybe he won't operate today. Maaaaybe.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: July 24, 2013, 12:38:59 pm »

I used to have major problems with a varicose vein in my sinuses.  Gave me nosebleeds constantly.  One time it bled for 5 hours, until I went to the doctor and he cauterized it.  He coated the tip of a piece of wire in acid and stuck it right up my nose.  It was extremely uncomfortable, stung, and I had to be perfectly still for it.  Your operation will probably be easier than that :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: July 24, 2013, 12:58:13 pm »

Normally nasal polyps are removed under general anesthesia. 

As for the speculation on mass local anesthesia... there is a limit on what you can achieve, since it only desensitizes superficial tissue. One of the people I work with claimed that a girl that we had just biopsied was dizzy because of it, but I think he was wrong. It's not a listed side effect, it doesn't really make sense in the context of the kind of drug it is, and it's far more likely than the dizzyness was due to the painful and unpleasant nature of the procedure.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:01:40 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 1420