Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964935 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #4530 on: July 22, 2013, 10:50:53 am »

OPENING NIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: July 22, 2013, 11:27:11 am »

AHHHHHH ITS RAINING OUTSIDE AND I HAVE TO GET BACK HOME.
I HAVE ONLY MY SHIRT AND NOTHING ELSE
IM GONNA DIE IN THE RAIN STORM
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: July 22, 2013, 03:54:50 pm »

So McDonalds bags have "Wake up with McDonald's Coffee" on the side of them currently, amongst many other advertisements.

The issue I take with this is that "WAKE UP" is in big, bold font compared to all the other words. That caught my eye when I was running past it in my kitchen, in that way that you'll focus on something enough that it seems to take up your entire vision for a spit second.. Cue momentary flash of existential terror. Goddamnit, don't do that McDonalds.
please wake up
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: July 22, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

So McDonalds bags have "Wake up with McDonald's Coffee" on the side of them currently, amongst many other advertisements.

The issue I take with this is that "WAKE UP" is in big, bold font compared to all the other words. That caught my eye when I was running past it in my kitchen, in that way that you'll focus on something enough that it seems to take up your entire vision for a spit second.. Cue momentary flash of existential terror. Goddamnit, don't do that McDonalds.
please wake up

Inception.

wake up.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 04:03:05 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: July 22, 2013, 04:13:30 pm »

please wake up
Do it, MSH.
Do it again.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: July 22, 2013, 04:54:47 pm »

Take the blue pill.
This is a blank sig.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: July 22, 2013, 05:15:14 pm »

Is your totem still spinning?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: July 22, 2013, 05:17:38 pm »

It has been reported that some victims of torture, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not wake up. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren’t being tortured. The only way that they realized they needed to wake up was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to wake up. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP.

... Sorry, it's very appropiate, so WAKE UP.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: July 22, 2013, 05:41:00 pm »

Fuck human vision detecting shapes and making them look like faces/bodies.
There was this specific light from the moon shining through my curtains creating a shadow on the wall that looked like legit face in the darkness.
That sacred me so hard i grabbed my old hockey stick and was ready to swing my hardest at anything in front of me.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:00 pm »

Pretty much the only thing that gets me is existential/psychological horror, which I seem to be much more susceptible to than most people.  I've always felt a need to emotionally comprehend situations in their broadest possible context, and that kind of works against me there.

Jump/visual scares don't do anything except make me shiver for a split second.  Even when they happen in meatspace and are genuinely creepy.  A couple weeks ago I was hanging out online with some people in a short downtime between gaming.  All of a sudden I heard a repeating noise that sounded as if a grown man was stomping on the floor right next to me for several seconds.  I calmly looked over and saw nothing there, so I ignored it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: July 22, 2013, 11:17:57 pm »

There was this specific light from the moon shining through my curtains creating a shadow on the wall that looked like legit face in the darkness.
That sacred me so hard i grabbed my old hockey stick and was ready to swing my hardest at anything in front of me.

This vacuum cleaner. This ever-loving graces-hell-and-back vacuum cleaner at the hotel I worked at. It didn't matter where I put it. It didn't matter if it was plugged in or not. You go through so many rooms, cleaning them up, etc, and they all look a certain way, except when there's a vacuum cleaner in there, and since you get so used to the rhythm and droll of it, the baser portion of your consciousness screams at it when you catch the thing in your peripherals. You think it's no big deal, but empty hotels are quiet, and doubly creepy, and there's just this shape that doesn't fit anywhere when it's not put away and it'll startle you a stupidly large number of times when it's just a vacuum cleaner.

Just a vacuum cleaner.

I'm so glad I quit.

I had a thing where random clothes sitting on the floor would all look, out of the corner of my eye, exactly like my cat. Not so much creepy as 'what the hell brain, clothes am not cat', though.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: July 22, 2013, 11:26:17 pm »

This vacuum cleaner. This ever-loving graces-hell-and-back vacuum cleaner at the hotel I worked at. It didn't matter where I put it. It didn't matter if it was plugged in or not. You go through so many rooms, cleaning them up, etc, and they all look a certain way, except when there's a vacuum cleaner in there, and since you get so used to the rhythm and droll of it, the baser portion of your consciousness screams at it when you catch the thing in your peripherals. You think it's no big deal, but empty hotels are quiet, and doubly creepy, and there's just this shape that doesn't fit anywhere when it's not put away and it'll startle you a stupidly large number of times when it's just a vacuum cleaner.

Just a vacuum cleaner.

I'm so glad I quit.

I had a thing where random clothes sitting on the floor would all look, out of the corner of my eye, exactly like my cat. Not so much creepy as 'what the hell brain, clothes am not cat', though.
If there is a spot on a wall that is worn-looking under light, in darkness it immediately becomes an all-consuming void, even once my nightvison kicks in.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: July 22, 2013, 11:45:52 pm »

What if clouds are miniature eldritch abominations and when you're riding in a car in the middle of a flat plain in the middle of nowhere with no cars around they could just swoop down and grab your car and eat it and nobody would know
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: July 22, 2013, 11:52:22 pm »

What if clouds are miniature eldritch abominations and when you're riding in a car in the middle of a flat plain in the middle of nowhere with no cars around they could just swoop down and grab your car and eat it and nobody would know
I can tell all of you personally that this is totally false and should not be taken accurately at all. Don't beware of clouds and you absolutely shouldn't look out for them when you're all alone.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: July 22, 2013, 11:55:29 pm »

I can tell all of you personally that this is totally false and should not be taken accurately at all. Don't beware of clouds and you absolutely shouldn't look out for them when you're all alone.
Yesterday I saw a fast small cloud fly behind a slightly larger cloud and it didn't return from the other side
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1420