Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965735 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2011, 11:01:21 pm »

but they have so much potential. if they used the tegra chips to make a portable console, they could kill sony.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2011, 11:16:22 pm »

A dream I had today involved clowns, blue neon signs, the dark, rapier weilding caveswallowmen, fighting owlmen, ratmen, kobolds and goblins being dragged into a spider fortress, an post futuristic super mario with minigames like doctor where the task is preforming an autopsy on luigi or a toad...I'm not eating cake before bed anymore.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2011, 12:03:31 am »

A dream I had today involved clowns, blue neon signs, the dark, rapier weilding caveswallowmen, fighting owlmen, ratmen, kobolds and goblins being dragged into a spider fortress, an post futuristic super mario with minigames like doctor where the task is preforming an autopsy on luigi or a toad...I'm not eating cake before bed anymore.

Clowns or "Clowns"?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2011, 12:10:44 am »

In that kind of dream there isn't much difference.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2011, 12:41:50 am »

I got coulrophobia so clowns are "clowns"...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2011, 05:25:55 am »

It's a warm night and unseasonably so.  There's a furious wind beating in the palm trees, redwoods and eucalyptus.  Feels like earthquake weather... O.o
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2011, 05:12:31 pm »

Glowstone mining.
Ridiculously deadly.
Oh, and I fell into the sea of lava.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2011, 01:46:19 am »

Slenderman. O.O

KG

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 09, 2011, 08:00:57 am »

I've never seen one of those. Ever. I see these phone commercials all the time but I've never seen one of these. And I haven't seen a Zune in years. The guy I knew that had one had his disappear on him. But seriously I don't see much Microsoft crap around. It's all Apple these days. Halo effect and whatnot.
That's because Apple has made far greater investments into mobile devices than Microsoft, which concentrates mainly on software.

Its because Steve Jobs made a pact with the devil for increased mainstream financial success. Have you noticed that all of his health problems started up at the same time that the iPod became popular?...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #264 on: February 09, 2011, 11:28:46 am »

I'd be absolutely terrified if one of those UPS cargo planes that keep flying overhead, so close to the ground that I can see vaguely make out the outlines of the mechanisms for opening the cargo bays, was to fall out of the sky as it passed over my house.  To date (*knock on wood*) none have done so, so I am not.

On the other hand, if the cargo bay doors were to come open, I'd have Christmas in whatever-month.

Unless I was hit by falling cargo.

Or the falling cargo contained a package of mine and something I'd paid for got broken.

Regardless, I'd probably have to give it all back.  Someone would be sure to notice that the trail of fallen debris was totally clean between my fences.

*sigh*

Life contains much more mundania than absolutely anythings.  Which is all to the good, as far as I am concerned.  :)
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 26, 2011, 01:56:32 pm »

The Dunwich building. THE Blackheart of Point Lookout indeed.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 26, 2011, 11:02:17 pm »

blackmagechill's necrotic powers
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 26, 2011, 11:03:56 pm »

The stupidity that is the human trebuchet.
[/post]

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2011, 12:20:46 am »

When I'm lifting weights and I rack the bar wrong.

you would not believe the relief when I come under the bar without it crashing on my neck.

Mangled

• Bay Watcher
  • Sleep is for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2011, 06:07:06 pm »

Here's my scary account. I was on vacation with my family in one of America's most crime-filled cities (Not going to name it here out of respect). It was really late, 11:00 PM, and we had been unsuccessfully hailing a cab when out of nowhere, this stranger came with a gun and politely asked us for our money. Of course, I was only 7 at that time, so I had long since crapped my pants, probably before the mugger came. Anyway, my dad was nervously fishing out the money from his wallet when there was some kind of rustling of fabric and this shadow resembling a man draped over the mugger and then the mugger rose into the air and was gone. Needless to say this scared me even more than the mugger did.

That was  13 years ago. Now I can still recall everything in fine detail, especially the fact that the shadow had pointy ears. I still believe to this day that the shadow was a demon sent to claim the mugger to hell.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 1420