Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 328

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 639486 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4515 on: February 03, 2018, 11:55:45 am »

Dumb question - how to name things in adventure mode? I managed to forgot this. And i think you can't name titan's skull, or other bodyparts?

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: February 03, 2018, 12:06:14 pm »

(I)nteraction

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: February 03, 2018, 12:33:53 pm »

Oh. Thanks.

Salperticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: February 20, 2018, 03:50:06 pm »

Trying to slowly find my way into Adventure Mode, but there are still so many questions left.
For example:

1) Is there a way to turn ice in a river into drinkable water? The groundwater in the region I started in is frozen most of the time and it rarely rains or snows, so I have difficulties replenishing my water supply.

2) I gathered two companions before I left the mountainhome. In most fights with animals I get in they only join the fight if they get attacked first. If all the wolves focus on me or if I charge at the giant bluejay, they just stand by and watch. Can I change that?

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: February 21, 2018, 02:33:21 am »

If you have ice in a waterskin, you can make a campfire and (I)nteract with the waterskin to melt the ice.  Not sure about getting ice directly from a frozen river though.
It's best to carry alcohol if you're in a cold place, it has a much lower freezing temperature.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: February 21, 2018, 02:45:34 am »

I think placing a campfire on top of a frozen river will melt the ice around it.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: February 22, 2018, 07:30:44 am »

What do the different colors of exclamations mean? I know they indicate sounds, usually from movement, but they can be blue, yellow, and I think I saw red ones once, and sometimes there's two of them rather than one. What does that mean?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: February 22, 2018, 08:24:43 am »

What needs to be done to "finish" a bandit camp mission? Just killing everyone there? The asterisk is still on my map after killing everyone I found.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: February 22, 2018, 10:48:46 am »

Can you buy a house? Or live in a house in a human town even ifyou don't own it? Will the game keep any furniture you put in a human house, wheather or not it belongs to you? Can you become a crafter and live your life making wooden figurines and selling them in a human town? Will you be allowed to sleep in the building you start off in? Will the house you start in keep track of any modifications or furniture made to it or added to it?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: February 22, 2018, 03:07:49 pm »

Can you buy a house? Or live in a house in a human town even ifyou don't own it? Will the game keep any furniture you put in a human house, wheather or not it belongs to you? Can you become a crafter and live your life making wooden figurines and selling them in a human town? Will you be allowed to sleep in the building you start off in? Will the house you start in keep track of any modifications or furniture made to it or added to it?

• No, but you can create your own site (can't be on top of a human settlement, though.)
  • You can, if you ask the owner if you can sleep there every night.
  • I think any items will be in the same place as you left them if you leave and come back later. Not entirely sure, though.
  • Yes. You can't really set up your own shop, though -- you'd basically just be running around trying to get people to trade with you.
  • I'm not sure, but I think you can.
  • If by "modifications" you mean constructions/buildings, those can't be added unless you make your own site. Furniture (in item form) can be kept track of, though.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: February 22, 2018, 03:19:57 pm »

*Nods*
Thank you.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: February 22, 2018, 08:23:08 pm »

What needs to be done to "finish" a bandit camp mission? Just killing everyone there? The asterisk is still on my map after killing everyone I found.
You need to kill all the members of the bandit entity that are in the given site.  You can tell when you're done by looking in the (Q)uest log under (a)greements and it'll either say finished or yet to be completed.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: February 22, 2018, 09:35:48 pm »

What do the different colors of exclamations mean? I know they indicate sounds, usually from movement, but they can be blue, yellow, and I think I saw red ones once, and sometimes there's two of them rather than one. What does that mean?

Red ! is combat.
Blue/cyan ! is talk.
Yellow ! is movement.
Pairs of yellow !! are NPC pathing/lair hunter movement as seen with mummies and minotaurs.

If I'm playing super cautiously, I look for cyan in ruin temples/keep dungeons as one of the ways to rule out the presence of mummies.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: February 22, 2018, 10:41:17 pm »

You need to kill all the members of the bandit entity that are in the given site.  You can tell when you're done by looking in the (Q)uest log under (a)greements and it'll either say finished or yet to be completed.
You can also (S)neak to find vision cones of enemies that could be hidden in trees, or otherwise hard to notice. Mind you sometimes the game bugs out and Agreements are listed as unfinished even if you complete them

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: March 03, 2018, 09:51:24 am »

Just encountered my first fireball-tossing critter and got melted.  My shield didn't seem to do anything, and I never got a chance to block or dodge. How do you fight these?
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 328