Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

[Filler Poll] How many players do you think will survive?

1~3
- 5 (35.7%)
4~6
- 5 (35.7%)
7~9
- 4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: A good Samaritan in a time of chaos [On Turn 4/10]  (Read 17321 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: A good Samaritan in a time of chaos
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2010, 05:46:27 pm »

Cool. Naturally, we need to clear out the hospital first. Any Suggestions on where we start?

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 05:55:39 pm »

start in the lobby, and go up. we can clear lower down when we have the upper floors cleared.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trade? No, mister elf. I expect you to die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 05:56:42 pm »

Alright everyone! Turn 0 has been set up - everything's ready to go.

Talk to each other, swap items, discuss strategy :) and feel free to ask me any questions. When you're ready, here's what I want from you:

For this turn, you can carry out 2 actions (one for night, one for day):
-As you are all in the lobby right now, you may exchange any items as a free action.
-You may interact with anything listed in the lobby as a free action.
-You may conduct a "detailed examination" of any zone (None of the zones, lobby included, have been explored in detail yet): this costs 1 action. Unless you provide combat orders, you will automatically try to escape from zombies to the nearest "explored" floor: currently the lobby.
-You may sleep for 1 action. Note: Those who wish to avoid penalties must dedicate 1 action to sleeping between Turns 1 and 2, another action either in Turns 3 or 4, etc. You may move to any floor to sleep as a free-action. You start your next action in your current room.
-You may choose to stand guard (choose a zone) for 1 action. You must tell me your combat behavior if zombies show up. (You can escape to an adjacent zone, engage in combat, or if applicable, carry out sleepers to safety. The first sleeper is automatically carried to safety. The second one must roll 1-6, the third must roll 2-6, so on so forth.)
-If you have some way of attracting attention, you may also spend 1 action in any zone (whether it has been explored in detail, or not) attracting attention. Unless given combat orders, you will automatically try to escape from zombies to the nearest "explored" floor: currently the lobby.
-You may choose to spend 1 action point to scout out 3 floors (you will receive a brief description, similar to the one for the supermarket). You must tell me your combat behavior if zombies show up. In this mode, you will attempt to keep exploring rather than retreating.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:31:49 am by arcadia »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 06:14:13 pm »

Since we are all in the lobby, does it already count as explored?

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 06:22:43 pm »

The exterior north, west, east, and the lobby have only been "scouted". If you choose to spend 1 action, you may explore in detail any zone revealing all items and finer details. Think of a detailed exploration as akin to getting down on hands and knees and searching tile by tile for irregularities.

Keep in mind however, that there is a zombie receptionist in the booth. Unless you lure her out (or kill her), a close examination will not reveal anything going on inside the dim booth.

Side note: furthermore, the power is currently off in the hospital. So expect the elevator to be offline, and the same with speakers, phones, etc. It's also reasonable to assume that any illumination will have to come from sunlight, unless you can figure out a way to provide your own light source. Rooms without windows are dim during the day and will be dark at night.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 06:24:17 pm by arcadia »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2010, 06:23:58 pm »

I say we go up next floor. If there are only isolated zombies, I can use my baton to take some out, but if there are any in groups, I can shoot them.

And someone should try and kill the receptionist.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2010, 06:32:49 pm »

Well, clearing out the hospital is a good idea...we'll need everybody in this-a full group probably, wont have any trouble....

Hastur, can you bash down the door to the booth, I mean you ARE a fireman! We'll need the hospital loudspeaker for defense. Whoever is guarding the lobby will help you kill it with no risk. Even if the power doesn't work now, there will be a backup generator in the basement/

See-someone might as well guard/search the lobby and attract any errant survivors.

ALSO, we need people for night guard-I'll put myself up in that position first, sleeping tomorrow during the day-I'll take my extra time and search out the cafeteria. Maybe I can find a spatula or a killer whisk! At least a frying pan.

Tehstefan: I dont need to tell you to save your bullets, your pretty much our only firepower.
Hastur: Can you lend your knife to someone? You got your shovel, which is better anyway.

Action, Day: I help the group to start killing zombies from the 1st floor up. We fight together!
Action, Night: Search Cafeteria!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2010, 06:37:41 pm »

Can I help Hastur deal with the receptionist then examine the lobby in one turn? I will also volunteer as a second night guard.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2010, 06:41:45 pm »

e k
Can I help Hastur deal with the receptionist then examine the lobby in one turn? I will also volunteer as a second night guard.

I'm guessing killing a single zed is considered a free action. In fact, any direct combat actions should be quick-so Arcadia, whats our ZKPT? (Zombie kills per turn!)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2010, 06:44:31 pm »

Since you are already in the lobby, anyone and everyone can partake in killing the zombie receptionist as a free action. Two unarmed players can dispatch her with No Risk.

Unless you find a horde (you'll know), any combat encountered via exploration, attracting, guarding, etc, will be instantly resolved based on your preset behavior. (I'm willing to take pretty complicated orders, you can say engage if less than 3, run if 4 or more, etc).

ZKPT? (Sorry, I'm not familiar with the phrase)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2010, 06:53:49 pm »

Okay, I go with darwin using my baton. Basically, if there are groups of zombies of more than 3, I don't engage, but if there are only 3 or less, and I'm with someone, I'll try and kill them. reasonable?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2010, 06:56:05 pm »

Member, actions should probably be like mine-list day and night and bold them. :)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2010, 06:59:00 pm »

Action Day: TeamKill Receptionist with Hastur, explore the Lobby
Action Night: Stand guard in the Lobby. If Only 1 Zed appears, attack. If more than 1 Zed appears, retreat upstairs unless I have allies. In which case i will aid them in attack or retreat.

Now, time for bed. It's midnight where I'm at.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2010, 07:35:40 pm »

I Take my knife out and cut my long hair off. Ill uhh keep in in my pocket for posterity.

I set my combie shovel to 180 degrees as a spear and spear the zombie repeatedly through the receptionist hole, hopefully that kills it. Then I set the shovel head to 90 degrees angle, attempt to kick in the door while somebody distractts the zombie, and swing the shovel down on the zombie untill it dies. Destroy the brain, just to be shure

Somebody may borrow my knife for a turn, then i want it back.

I keep a lookout for gloves, mask, stimulants like caffeine, fire axe, portable light sources, camera or camcorder, cell phone.

Combat Priorities. Retreat and get help versus one zombie
If i must fight one zombie, Shove upper body with end of shovel to unbalance it, then pushkick the thing over and smash or chop it while its on its back

versus mutliple zombies, run away
If i must fight mutiple zombies I try to split them off and fight them one on one.

Ina group I'll help fight as a group.

day 1: I want to barricade but i guess we are fighting our way up
night 1: barricade the stairs because barricading the lobby is probably harder.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2010, 07:52:33 pm »

I'll borrow Hastur's knife and give it back after we're done a-killing.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12