Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Considering getting a pet ferret.  (Read 3597 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Considering getting a pet ferret.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 06:15:59 pm »

Furthermore, I'm a bit worried about the smell.
They smell like shit. Keep them outside or something.

Cats are better pets imo. They're more affectionate, funnier, less smelly, more relaxing, and in some cases more deadly.
I own cats and I know that's a crock.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 07:02:54 pm »

You own crappy cats then.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 08:03:57 pm »

Cow's right. More affectionate is, well, you have mutant cats or something, because the closest they come to being affectionate is occasionally being neurotic in your favor. Funnier I can agree with but it depends on the cat, less smelly is right and deadlier is not a point in their favor. It is not fun waking up with endangered animal guts on your chest and a grinning black demon trying to get you to eat them.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 08:48:38 pm »

Dogs are social animals that start off with some social skills thanks to pack mentality. That gives them a huge edge on cats who are solitary. That means that in order to make a cat affectionate you have to break them down and then build them back up while a dog already starts with a good foundation.

Funnier depends on the owner... Though cats are cleaner then dogs and sleep alot more. So you could say that they smell better and are more relaxing.

Also they are in no way more dangerous. Cats are way weaker then dogs.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:50:20 pm by cowofdoom78963 »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 08:52:08 pm »

My parents said that the pet ferret tried to carry me away. When I was a baby it grabbed me with it's mouth by the back of my shirt or something started crawling away. And, they like bit the shit out of everybody. And smelled terrible. Or everyone says so. I'm going with the ferrets being evil until I see or smell otherwise.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 09:11:24 pm »

Cats are far from being solitary and they love snuggles, petting, lap, etc. I've had 15 cats at one point. One of which almost killed a dog and nearly blinded another, not to mention the neighbor cats. Then again, he was a big half-breed. Most breeds of house cats have a harem mentality, as in, females live somewhere and the male cats fight to say that's his territory. As for their affection towards humans, it depends on what contact it had with people early on. Cats who do not trust humans will be indeed a pain in the ass to get them to like you. So far, every indoor cat I've had would wait for me to get home, come running meowing and snuggling my legs and would follow me around the house and either lay next to me, on my lap, or somewhere in the room.

Course, the dog that was nearly blinded tries to do the same thing whenever I'm outside, but yuck, dogs stink even when washed weekly.

I've been wanting another big cat, perhaps a scottish wildcat if anyone knows any legal breeders?

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:40:31 am »

You're all wrong as birds are truly the way to go. Who doesn't want a feathery horde of tiny, screeching demonspawn who fly with their claws out and aiming for the jugular of any creature unfortunate enough to be caught off guard.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2010, 09:29:22 am »

ferrets are predators and traditionally working animals. If you want a pet that you can take rabiting (flushing rabits out of the warrens and in to nets) then id recommend one. If you want something tame and cuddily dont. Depending on how they are raised they can be fairly destructive and aggressive. However, have known people with docile ferrets.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2010, 04:27:54 pm »

Ferrets are godless killing machines. If you already have two dogs you certainly should not get another pet.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2010, 04:34:39 pm »

You're all wrong as birds are truly the way to go. Who doesn't want a feathery horde of tiny, screeching demonspawn who fly with their claws out and aiming for the jugular of any creature unfortunate enough to be caught off guard.

Including, indeed mostly, you from what I've heard.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 06:29:26 pm »

Including, indeed mostly, you from what I've heard.
Yes. Falcons, or, if you are ready for a license and one giant bird, a golden eagle. You don't even have to drive the kids to daycare anymore, the eagle can CARRY them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 08:12:10 pm »

Shorthair dogs don't smell bad and are really friendly.  Boston terriers will poke you with their nose until you lift up the blanket so they can get under it and snuggle with you.

Anyone saying cats don't smell bad has never had an indoor litterbox.  It's basically the worst thing ever invented.
Shoes...
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 08:39:30 pm »

I'd love to have a ferret, but I'd probably have to get it's stench glands taken out.

Either that or a pet otter. A pet otter would be amazing.
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 09:58:24 pm »

Anyone saying cats don't smell bad has never had an indoor litterbox.  It's basically the worst thing ever invented.
Anyone saying poop smells good is one weird guy.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2010, 10:13:46 pm »

A pet otter would be amazing.
You an me both pal. They would be the worst pet in terms of having to take care of it, but there is no way you won't be grinning like a fool every time they are in the room.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4