Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 28306 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rift: Planes of Telara
« Reply #165 on: March 02, 2011, 01:50:42 pm »

edited: no longer quite as stupid
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 03:04:21 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:46 pm »

Wow...  Sunrest is just full.  400 people in line.

Harrow has 60-ish...  kinda wish they opened up another PvP-RP server...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2011, 01:17:48 am »

Epic night, I collected 58 player kills all from world pvp, and mind you this is a carebear server. Major life invasion, both factions working to stop it, but fighting each other at the same time, at one point we had over 60 on our side fighting 3 bosses and a major rift at once in one small area, and raping at least a raid (20 players) or more guardian players who tried to muscle in on the kills

Really good times :D

Here is my dps build, and boy it is a nice aoe melee dps for clerics that would work well solo:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00rnG.xu.Eezhzrczk.M
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:34:03 am by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2011, 10:37:15 am »

I ended up in Faemist with my sister.  Would have joined one of the PvP-RP servers, but they are full up when we would normally play...  Both Clerics, but, I'm main Justicar and she is main Druid. 
Also, made the obligatory Warrior Dwarf on Guardian side.  Urist

@jnecros: I also picked Purifier for the 3rd sub-class. Wisdom bonus?

EDIT:
Rethinked stacking Shaman with Justicar...  too much redundancy? 
In party situations, more likely to find a melee DPS Cleric with Shaman buffs.  Point allocation isn't all that stellar. 

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00orG.Vz.xhRsoexo0R.V

Justicar with sides of Cabalist and Purifier.  Majority of Points go into the Justicar tree.

I wonder if Flame Ward works with Salvation and Righteous Mandate....

EDIT2: I'll probably reassess things as I go... many things to consider... >.>
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:18:43 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2011, 02:37:51 pm »

aye, purifier for the wis bonus

shaman dps seems much greater than cabalist, which I ran for the first 25 levels or so, and with melee there isnt much call for spell power, as far as I understand it, you can stack wisdom and strength/dex, but..mana is an issue however, and I find that in longer fights, i.e. rifts, bosses, I have to watch my rotation even though ageless ice is badass

The downside is you may not be able to pull mobs off your sister, though with a few points in justicar youll still get Bolt of Radiance, even though it never seems to work as intended for me

My wife is playing a bard/marks, and it is a pain in tha ass to keep mobs out of her face
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2011, 05:44:17 pm »

The bahmi leap is both the best and most dangerous racial in the entire game. Compared to every other racial (except, possibly, the high elf one which I think is exactly the same you just have wings too) the bahmi leap is absolutely epic.

I go flying up cliffs and mountains like a goat, leaping from perch to perch. It gives me massive manouverability when I'm trying to avoid getting into a fight ("Oh, you want to fight me? How about I jump to this cliff here where you can't reach me and then run away."), although I wish I could use it during combat. (No racials can be used during combat.) It gives you a decent amount of speed to catch upto people trying to ride away (about the same as the 110% mount, I believe) etc etc.

The only trouble with it is that it's massively buggy. Sometimes I'll get halfway to where I want to go before stopping in mid air and falling to my death. Sometimes I'll end up barely moving at all or hit something that I couldn't really tell was in the way etc etc.

The best bug is the one that killed me, though. I'll set the scene. Velocity during jumps in this game isn't effected by air etc. You start off going fast, you end up going fast. The bahmi leap makes you go VERY fast. I was hopping up and down mountains getting the cairns ("chests" that give you purple and rare items to sell or use) and started going down one of the mountains. I used my leap on a little plateau below me.

The next thing I knew, I was halfway across the zone looking at my corpse and a "Soul Walk" or "Release to Graveyard" screen.

I don't know if it was the fact that I'd went through a zone transition, the angle of the jump or what, but I'd ended up ricocheting off the plateau like a flat stone off a lake. It'd sent me flying through the air to crash to my untimely death in the middle of Stonefield. xD

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #171 on: March 04, 2011, 12:03:05 am »

The downside is you may not be able to pull mobs off your sister, though with a few points in justicar youll still get Bolt of Radiance, even though it never seems to work as intended for me
Bolt of Radiance only pulls people if you've got Mein of Leadership active, which you cannot get until a ways down the class. Not a good option if you plan to dabble in Justicar.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 04, 2011, 06:12:25 am »

The bahmi leap is both the best and most dangerous racial in the entire game. Compared to every other racial (except, possibly, the high elf one which I think is exactly the same you just have wings too) the bahmi leap is absolutely epic.

I go flying up cliffs and mountains like a goat, leaping from perch to perch. It gives me massive manouverability when I'm trying to avoid getting into a fight ("Oh, you want to fight me? How about I jump to this cliff here where you can't reach me and then run away."), although I wish I could use it during combat. (No racials can be used during combat.) It gives you a decent amount of speed to catch upto people trying to ride away (about the same as the 110% mount, I believe) etc etc.

The only trouble with it is that it's massively buggy. Sometimes I'll get halfway to where I want to go before stopping in mid air and falling to my death. Sometimes I'll end up barely moving at all or hit something that I couldn't really tell was in the way etc etc.

The best bug is the one that killed me, though. I'll set the scene. Velocity during jumps in this game isn't effected by air etc. You start off going fast, you end up going fast. The bahmi leap makes you go VERY fast. I was hopping up and down mountains getting the cairns ("chests" that give you purple and rare items to sell or use) and started going down one of the mountains. I used my leap on a little plateau below me.

The next thing I knew, I was halfway across the zone looking at my corpse and a "Soul Walk" or "Release to Graveyard" screen.

I don't know if it was the fact that I'd went through a zone transition, the angle of the jump or what, but I'd ended up ricocheting off the plateau like a flat stone off a lake. It'd sent me flying through the air to crash to my untimely death in the middle of Stonefield. xD

I play a high elf and the flying thing is really good indeed, you motivated me to go explore a bit, and i found several cairns, one of those was so hard to reach that i can't believe its meant to be reached at all. Well, maybe i missed the correct path, but to get up there i had to fly at the extreme limit of my range, starting on a nearby mountain, and i had to try over 10 times before it worked. Then the rest of the climbing was easier, and i was rewarded with an artifact and a cairn so it was cool, since i only tried to get up there for fun. If you want to try it, here are 2 screenshots of the place (its the french client so i don't know the name of the places in english):

http://img.ie/c0509.jpg
http://img.ie/33497.jpg

I'll try to mark in on the map if anyone is interested.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 04, 2011, 09:33:06 am »

Migrated over to Harrow.  Didn't get far with Faemist anyways.  Tried a bit of Warfront....  At level 12-13...  My survival is pretty good for the level, I found myself using ranged stuff over melee due to the health hazards of focus fire applied upon self.

Mein of Leadership
Bolt of Radiance
Life's Vengeance

Pretty good survival, since I'd get ripped apart from focus fire if I went in melee like the warriors.... into the thick of enemies.  Though, it is nice when some of them get in thick to where I am so I could melee. 

Spammed lots and lots of Doctrines of Loyalty, mostly to keep myself alive from focus fire.  Doctrine of Bliss is more cost effective, but I only break that out when I'm low on mana. Shield of the Ancestors is also decent for a bit of survival help, not long lasting, but every bit helps, lower priority though with cooldowns.

Convictions are not that much of an issue once I figured enemy pets sent to focus on me = super easy/safe conviction farms the Guardians have blessed me with so that I may spam heals for allies.

May not be the best way to play, Justicar in warfront... maybe when I get a few more levels / skills to play with...  http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10jrG.m.VuMo

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 04, 2011, 10:19:59 am »

Bolt of Radiance only pulls people if you've got Mein of Leadership active, which you cannot get until a ways down the class. Not a good option if you plan to dabble in Justicar.

Ah well, there you go..I only dip in there for self-heals and the armor buff. The Mein of Leadership would not work at all with my build.
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 04, 2011, 10:41:39 am »

I play a high elf and the flying thing is really good indeed, you motivated me to go explore a bit, and i found several cairns, one of those was so hard to reach that i can't believe its meant to be reached at all. Well, maybe i missed the correct path, but to get up there i had to fly at the extreme limit of my range, starting on a nearby mountain, and i had to try over 10 times before it worked. Then the rest of the climbing was easier, and i was rewarded with an artifact and a cairn so it was cool, since i only tried to get up there for fun. If you want to try it, here are 2 screenshots of the place (its the french client so i don't know the name of the places in english):

http://img.ie/c0509.jpg
http://img.ie/33497.jpg

I'll try to mark in on the map if anyone is interested.

Oh, yeah, that required serious platforming skills to get to. Dx

I fell off quite a few times and had to use what I like to call "leap chickening" to get to the top. (Leap chickening is where you jump off then use your leap to jump back to the cliff again. Very dangerous and pretty useful. :p)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2011, 04:26:08 pm »

I'm now on Sunrest with a Dominator named.........Hemmingjay.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2011, 06:51:58 pm »

We seem to be all over server-wise. The original server picked got flooded and the wait times are kinda long. I would like to see what servers ppl are on and maybe we can come up with one that will not have too long a wait time?
I got nothing

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2011, 07:25:48 pm »

I think most of us want in on the PvP-RP servers?
US side has Harrow and Sunrest as the PvP-RP servers. 

Sunrest is uberfull at primetime, which I'm likely to be on at.  So I can't be in.
Harrow is not as full at primetime.  I'm here now.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 04, 2011, 07:52:19 pm »

Sunrest isn't that bad anymore, I don't think.

You can still sit in character creation and stay logged in.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15