Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 28282 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rift: Planes of Telara
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2011, 07:58:44 pm »

Sunrest isn't that bad anymore, I don't think.

You can still sit in character creation and stay logged in.
Eh, not enough incentive to keep Rift open all day on my cpu.  I'll keep to Harrow, wait times are far less anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2011, 08:57:42 pm »

Do you guys think this mmo is worth the price? I didn't get to play or see much, but it felt to me very similar to a certain other mmo.

But I'm sort of craving an mmo, so I dunno if I should or not.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2011, 01:45:50 am »

I would say that for what it is right now, Rift is worth about 10 USD a month, but of course unless you get the 6 month founders deal, you will pay 15.

It has a lot to offer, and you'll get good value out of it if you enjoy easy pick up groups for quests and world raids, closing rifts is a blast as well.

Questing is like any mmo, very boring and grindy. PvP instances (warfronts) are weak imo, because the objectives are boring and the environments are small and one dimentional

and no, I don't think it plays like WoW at all..

I would say this is a buy if your craving an mmo
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2011, 07:48:12 am »

To me WoW was always very one dimensional. It was very very good at that one dimension, but it still never truly scratched the itch for me. This game is different. Just the rifts alone make it superior to me and what they are trying to accomplish with open world PvP is enough to keep me around to see how it unfolds. I bought the 6 month founders.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2011, 07:50:08 am »

my favorite server is Atrophinious(sp) but it's a PVE server and I know most want a PvP server. Let me know where everyone wants to play and I will gen a new char there. Perhaps we should all start a new one.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2011, 10:55:40 am »

Note to self: Warfront Tactics drastically change depending on unworded cohesion and how badly 'our' side's arse gets kicked.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2011, 12:31:45 pm »

man, it might be my playstyle that is at fault, but having a hard time soloing with Dominator. I'm a Dom/Storm/Elem and my pet can't properly tank for me with all the aggro I draw.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2011, 04:38:16 pm »

3 basic things hemmingjay, just in case you over looked them: One, make sure the pet skill is properly trained to your level, and consider investing in the greater pet

Also, the rock pet is the tank, not the wind one
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2011, 09:01:23 am »

Hm, I still dunno. I barely touched it during beta because of the stupid patcher not cooperating. Considering I have a lot of games I want to buy (portal 2, homefront, shogun 2) I dunno if I should throw yet another 50 bucks in a game. So, unless a good soul is willing to let me play around with their account when they're not using it, I think I might wait til they have a trial and continue on craving a mmo.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2011, 12:13:12 pm »

Yep, I'd say if you do not have strong feelings about it, just wait until you can get a trial.

I am lvl 42 now, 50 is the max, and I am getting pretty burnt out. Rifts are fun, but as you get closer to 50, people start doing less of them and I see more closed groups, so that makes it less fun.

I think the raids will be cool, but OMG the questing is rough...it is much worse than WoW quests, especially post Burning Crusade..very uninspired objectives and writting. Sure, what else is there besides 'kill me this', 'collect me this'..but doing it on the same mobs over and over in the same zone gets old, for example there are like 3-4 centaur models, and in this zone you fight them over and over again from lvls 30 something to 40 something..meh

Still hoping the end game will be fun
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2011, 02:03:29 pm »

Jnecros, I can't believe how fast you are burning through the content. No wonder you are burnt out! I have a couple characters up to 15 and have just been trying the different features(rifts, pvp, quests, crafting). I have 20 hours into the game so far, and am trying to play casually.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2011, 03:16:29 pm »

yeah well. the wife and I are playing together, and she rarey gets into games, so I am trying to take advantage of the fact. Irregardless, most of the good content is in lvls 1-30, post 30 is seriously boring and nobody does rifts, or if they do, they will not group with you because they are trying to hog the rewards..
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2011, 03:18:51 pm »

You must be on a dickish server. People on Dimroot still do rifts even 30+ and are quite friendly about it.

Perhaps you just have all of the 'hardcore gamer guys' who think the game is just there for their own amusement who have gotten that far yet. Wait until more casual games make it up to 30+ and I'm sure the general attitude will change some.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2011, 05:24:20 pm »

I'm with you forsaken. Hoping casual players continue in good spirits through the upper levels. Right now, people seem to relish grouping at any opportunity. Like I said though, I'm still in the first quarter of the content basically.

Jnecros, That is so cool that you and your wife are playing together. Congrats and enjoy!

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2011, 07:18:23 pm »

Perhaps you just have all of the 'hardcore gamer guys' who think the game is just there for their own amusement who have gotten that far yet. Wait until more casual games make it up to 30+ and I'm sure the general attitude will change some.

What he said.

On my server, the main "wave" of players is at early to mid thirties in terms of level. I'm ahead at 42, but I haven't had much playing time due to family. :p
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15