Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65252 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.16b
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2011, 03:05:27 pm »

+ Traditionally herbivore. Get light food poisoning if eat meat.
Herbivore?! They're fuckin cannibals!!

Also, this is mod for 31.19, am I right?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2011, 04:25:49 pm »

+ Traditionally herbivore. Get light food poisoning if eat meat.
Herbivore?! They're fuckin cannibals!!

Also, this is mod for 31.19, am I right?
I cant make them to do their cannibalism in fort mode so they'd be herbivore for now :) The mod is still for .18. I stick with more stable releases.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.17
« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2011, 10:35:32 pm »

0.17 changes
+ Removed elf access to engineering. Shouldnt have been there to begin with.
+ Removed elf access to picks. Shouldnt have been there to begin with.
+ fixed naming of gauntlets. Now unproducable gauntlets read as "exotic" properly.
+ Adjusted all mount pets, adding _exotic to many and removed mount capability from amphibious creatures.
+ Adjusted civ access to equipments. Non-controlled civs would be more likely to use better equipments now.
+ Made mountain goats wagon puller and pack animals, albeit a very inefficient one.
+ Removed dwarf's access to common wagon pullers and pack animals
+ Made meat from turtles and special creatures (FB, FD creatures) safe to be consumed by elves. These meat have "odorless" in their name.

Mostly an elf bugfix release and general racial diversification. Most notably, made dwarves more reliant on goats. When .20 hit and shearing come to IM, the mountainous races would be the main wool producers.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:19:08 pm by rephikul »
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.17c
« Reply #198 on: March 04, 2011, 03:53:45 am »

.17c changes
+ Reverted dwarven access to common pack animal, needed it for trading
+ Removed benign from abaddon

I've been concentrating too much on testing elf-related worlds and didnt notice the dwarves being unable to trade. I'm if injecting this version into old saves would work and I doubt it. My apologize to the 6 people who tried playing .17.

Satlan_Leng

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 04, 2011, 11:53:21 pm »

Love the idea of this mod, but im more interested in just testing out the part of clothing not rotting off to avoid claim spam. How would i go about moving just that part over?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2011, 12:44:13 am »

Love the idea of this mod, but im more interested in just testing out the part of clothing not rotting off to avoid claim spam. How would i go about moving just that part over?
1) Copy armor-related item_*.txt files from IM Data\Intensifying Mod to your raw folder
2) Copy item_IM_FD_item.txt files from IM Data\Fortress Defense support to your raw folder
3) Open entity_default.txt and replace dwarf's armor access section with mine
4) Open creature_standard.txt and change elf and goblin's size to 70000 or something

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2011, 05:59:18 am »

Bumping my own thread~
Next release will be .20 compatible. If you have ideas concerning new features since .19, let it be known. At least I'm looking for (in no particular orders):

+ Reasons for multiple grass types. Right now they are all just duplication of each other
+ Reasons to implement eggs. Eggs are totally redundant right now
+ More usage for bees
+ Interaction between cats, vermins and the rest of the fort
+ Balance between shearing and other clothing industries (plant / silk / leather)
+ A niche the Roc (dragon is already flying in IM)

EDIT:
Spoiler: .20 plant balance (click to show/hide)

Udate 2:
+ Ultilizing the new ways jobs are presented, dwarves and elves now should stop getting crappy migrants such as high master lye makers.
+ Soap can be made at the kitchen, the soap workshop has been scrapped.
+ The whole pottery industry and beekeeping industry has been dropped (for now)
+ Many animals now wont produce offsprings
+ _EXOTIC tags has been added to quite some creatures.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:58:29 am by rephikul »

timco35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2011, 05:31:58 pm »

Glad this is getting updated to .20 if just for the pastures and animal handling.  Once vanilla forts get too large the fps drop is just annoying along with all the littered clothing.

+ Reasons for multiple grass types. Right now they are all just duplication of each other

The only reason I like some variation here is that it makes the ground a little more interesting.  At least using tiles sets it does.  I could live without it though.

+ Reasons to implement eggs. Eggs are totally redundant right now
+ More usage for bees
+ Interaction between cats, vermins and the rest of the fort
+ Balance between shearing and other clothing industries (plant / silk / leather)
+ A niche the Roc (dragon is already flying in IM)

As for these I don't know the game mechanics well enough to make good suggestions.  The eggs just add some neat variety but fps > feature for me.

I remember reading an article from a game developer a while back talking about game creation.  I couldn't remember who but one thing he said always stuck in my mind.
He said something along the lines of a good developer knowing what features to add to a game, while a great developer knows what features to remove.

While not very dwarfy I'd rather spend more time playing a game than playing the concept of the game.

One last thing, does this (or can this) mod remove all those annoying bolts left after a battle?
Also would it be possible to make a specific workshop that can be used as a sort of burn plant as an alternative to an atom smasher or finding magma?  I don't care if there's any end product at all, although ash would be reasonable.  Not having played this mod yet I'm not too sure if this is still even needed though.

Thanks for making such a great mod and taking the time to share it with the rest of us.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2011, 07:01:34 pm »

Good/evil grasses are very different looking from normal grasses. Maybe keep one or two of each? (for that matter, are feather trees/nether caps still there? Those do have differences from normal. (feather cap is much lighter, I think nether cap is magma safe)

This mod sounds interesting, and I think I will play it when the .20 version comes out.
Soaplent green is goblins!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2011, 07:17:33 pm »

I cant make them to do their cannibalism in fort mode so they'd be herbivore for now :) The mod is still for .18. I stick with more stable releases.
Can't you just change an ethic tag? I believe it's [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE]. (Copied from dwarf entity_default)
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2011, 07:23:10 pm »

Can't you just change an ethic tag? I believe it's [ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:UNTHINKABLE]. (Copied from dwarf entity_default)
And then you can bathe in *Goblin Tallow Soap*

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2011, 09:53:51 pm »

Good/evil grasses are very different looking from normal grasses. Maybe keep one or two of each? (for that matter, are feather trees/nether caps still there? Those do have differences from normal. (feather cap is much lighter, I think nether cap is magma safe)
Good/evil grasses are actually too awesome looking (at least the animation makes them does so) I'd probably replace normal grasses with them. There are currently 2 issues with grass:
+ Different grass types overlap, which mean a fort having access to 2 grass types can raise a herd twice as big as one which dont. Not so nice.
+ Grass animation is a nice addition, but the ones having animation also have very distracting appearance. I'm looking for the kind of animation that'd accentuate the still creatures, making them easier to be spotted.

And both feather woods and nether cap exist. They are too distinctive to be removed.

I tried and it didnt work. They butchered sapient creatures but all butchered products went straight to the graveyard.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2011, 10:05:02 pm »

I seem to recall the update saying something about fixing the 'multiple grasses in one space', and probably doing something sbout the eye watering evil grass. I have not yet tested whether these have actually happened yet, though.

[edit]: It seems that Toady heard we like updates, because (in less than a full day) there is now an update for our update. v.21 now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:42:05 pm by EveryZig »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2011, 11:16:44 pm »

[edit]: It seems that Toady heard we like updates, because (in less than a full day) there is now an update for our update. v.21 now.
Fortunately there're no changes in raw.

Greep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2011, 08:33:52 pm »

I've noticed your mod says it allows armor to use more than one bar in creation, how did you accomplish that?  I've tried in my own mod to do what it looks like you did.

Edit: Ah nevermind, it's 450 times the bars one wants not 150.  Nice job finding out that bug btw.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:15:28 pm by Greep »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22