Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65263 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.15
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2011, 08:34:33 pm »

i had blood off. i can't try it right now, it might be that...

It is.  I was hoping to be able to run the game with the blood fix on, but for some bizarre reason that prevents dwarves from eating.  It's probably possible to have the goo/pus/etc boiling temp set below ambient, and only have blood temp at normal, but I haven't tried that yet.
Thank you for confirming this issue, I'd look into this right when I have the chance.

I'm still on 0.12 version (not a slowpoke just have projects to finish) but have you done anything to elves?
Yes, yes I did 8) Refer to the 0.07 change logs. Btw when did you get the diplomat? What's your status on nobles?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:38:52 pm by rephikul »
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 15, 2011, 10:56:15 pm »

If one wanted to port in just your simplification of the body-plans, what files would be needed?
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2011, 02:30:41 am »

If one wanted to port in just your simplification of the body-plans, what files would be needed?
body_default.txt, body_rcp.txt and body_IM_FDBP.txt I think. If that work for you, please confirm.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2011, 03:19:57 am »

Btw when did you get the diplomat? What's your status on nobles?
I had a count and expedition leader. Diplomat talked with leader I guess, this was the only message. Next year elves showed up for trade as usual. This isn't the first one diplomat but her predecessor dodged goblin bolt off the skydiver.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2011, 08:34:28 am »

i had blood off. i can't try it right now, it might be that...

It is.  I was hoping to be able to run the game with the blood fix on, but for some bizarre reason that prevents dwarves from eating.  It's probably possible to have the goo/pus/etc boiling temp set below ambient, and only have blood temp at normal, but I haven't tried that yet.
Thank you for confirming this issue, I'd look into this right when I have the chance.

ok, is there a way to fix this on an existing game?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2011, 09:49:58 am »

ok, is there a way to fix this on an existing game?
Use the material_template_blood.txt which was there right after the mod installation.
You'll have to resort to cleaning trenches and dfcleanmap though
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2011, 05:33:18 pm »

I've made a few minor changes to the Intensifying Mod version of Fortress Defense so that invaders will still work in 0.31.19. The new files will still be compatible with the current version of the Intensifying Mod.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2011, 06:01:16 pm »

I saw it in your thread. Thanks for notifying regardless. Now back off as I delete these redundant grasses and remove ceramic reactions  :o

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »

Hey, those buzzards are really hilarious. Every time they attack a get a lot of aboveground job cancellations, I've even built a decoy stockpile guarded with traps for them, it didn't help. You know what's the problem? All my dwarves (40 of them) are in military and have rations with them. I've seen it with my eyes while elite marksman was shooting at one, other buzzard flew to him from behind hanged on the same time for some time (no combat log), and then tried to get away with marksman breakfast. He did make it, marksman was angry and I +5 legendary, he didn't get his food back however, dead bird fell onto another side of the river.  :D

Also how about updating abaddon description to: "This foul creature defies all logics and reasons just as rules of grammar"  ;D
(I know 'a' is hardcoded. Only recently I've spotted 'a elven caravan' and such.)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2011, 09:13:43 am »

Hey, those buzzards are really hilarious. Every time they attack a get a lot of aboveground job cancellations, I've even built a decoy stockpile guarded with traps for them, it didn't help. You know what's the problem? All my dwarves (40 of them) are in military and have rations with them. I've seen it with my eyes while elite marksman was shooting at one, other buzzard flew to him from behind hanged on the same time for some time (no combat log), and then tried to get away with marksman breakfast. He did make it, marksman was angry and I +5 legendary, he didn't get his food back however, dead bird fell onto another side of the river.  :D
That's interesting, how'd the markman get angry? Is the event considered like his claimed things stolen?

Also how about updating abaddon description to: "This foul creature defies all logics and reasons just as rules of grammar"  ;D
(I know 'a' is hardcoded. Only recently I've spotted 'a elven caravan' and such.)
someone suggested changing its name to Habaddon but there's no such word and I dont want to eventually do elk -> HELK!! so it stays like that. As far as how it act in the game, I'd say it's illogical enough :D

To add anything of relevance: I'm sicking and bracing for .20 so no updates.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:50:18 am by rephikul »

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2011, 01:37:16 pm »

body_default.txt, body_rcp.txt and body_IM_FDBP.txt I think. If that work for you, please confirm.
No idea where that one is... trying with just the other two. Will edit with results.

Edit: found it, thanks to info below, and replacing just those two files worked fine, since I don't use Fortress defense. At least, it worked fine for the little mini-world I genned to test it out.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 02:58:35 pm by myrkul »
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2011, 01:47:07 pm »

He did make it, marksman was angry and I +5 legendary, he didn't get his food back however, dead bird fell onto another side of the river.  :D
That's interesting, how'd the markman get angry? Is the event considered like his claimed things stolen?
Oh carp, I've meant exactly the contrary: buzzard didn't make it, marksman from whom food was stolen shot the foul beast down.
I've had quite a bunch of such incidents and standard theft message was generated, so I doubt dwarves took that personal. False alarm here.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 27, 2011, 02:30:58 pm »

No idea where that one is... trying with just the other two. Will edit with results.
It's in the FM support folder.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.16
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2011, 12:52:22 pm »

0.16 changes
+ Removed redundant tags on the fire elemental
+ Affixed names of foreign versions of some armor pieces with "exotic".
+ Altar renamed to Shrine
+ Removed the blood option from the setup, blood cleaning now need to be done manually.
+ Removed [MISCHIEVIOUS] from abaddon, This'd make it stop ambushing and be more straight up more aggressive.
+ Made elves a playable civ.
+ Added many jobs to elves so they can sustain themselves. Elves dont have access to jewelery, engineering, masonry, smithy and cannot improve mining, bone carving & leatherworking.
+ Added the exp leader for elves, the sylph. S/he can carry out all functions a noble should.
+ Applied chariot's graphics for elves.
+ Elves now get light food poisoning if fed with meat.
+ Elves got a reaction at the shrine: 5 inorganic objects + 1 wooden logs = 2 wooden logs.

=== Play as Elf ===
+ Added many jobs to elves so they can sustain themselves. Elves dont have access to jewelery, engineering, masonry, smithy and cannot improve mining, bone carving & leatherworking.
+ Added the exp leader for elves, the sylph. S/he can carry out all functions a noble should.
+ Applied chariot's graphics for elves.
+ Elves now get light food poisoning if fed with meat.
+ Elves got a reaction at the shrine: 5 inorganic objects + 1 wooden logs = 2 wooden logs.

I must confess, I dont know how to play as these guys even though I made up the rules about them. They require such a different approach that my mind went blank on the embark screen. I tried to play with them abit but quickly got into tantrum spirals. So the rules do seem to work so I release it as is. Please help with bug hunting and I hope you guys'd like it.

Straight from the first post:
Pros:
+ High racial combat skills
+ Can mass produce arrows
+ Simple nobles
+ Require no booze
+ Get no cave adaptation
+ More pet access
+ Can spawn more wood at the altar

Cons:
+ Do not have access to jewelery, engineering, masonry, smithy and engineering
+ Cannot increase skill in mining, bone carving & leatherworking
+ Cannot make melee weapons and wooden armors on site
+ Cannot make picks or axes
+ Traditionally herbivore. Get light food poisoning if eat meat.

Oh and I got confirmation from chariot, so all the elven graphics in phoebus/mayday and ironhand you see are from him. Show him appreciations if you like it even tho he dont seem to frequent the forum much anymore.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:56:24 pm by rephikul »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.16b
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2011, 12:43:04 am »

0.16b changes
+ Reduced elf size to 65000 from 70000
+ Adjusted size of 2h weapons. Elves are now less likely to be able to hold a melee 2h with just one.

These are small fixes and dont need a regen.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22