Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65265 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.15
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2011, 06:17:55 am »

Great changes.

How major is the impact of 20% speed reducing for edged weapons? Is it something you considered necessary for a reason?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2011, 10:04:27 am »

How major is the impact of 20% speed reducing for edged weapons? Is it something you considered necessary for a reason?
It's a part of the buff to bronze and steel. Combined with the maxedge changes, silver weapons are 80% effective, copper/iron are the same as before and bronze/steel are 20% better. This'd make the progression of Ag -> Cu -> Fe -> bronze -> steel more defined, especially concerning ammunitions as well as allowing edged steel/bronze weapons to have a better chance against armor/scales of their own material. Without FD, this is nice vs megabeasts. With FD included, the focus will shift toward sieges and more powerful weapons = more dead dwarves, sladed or otherwise.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2011, 11:38:28 am »

.15b released
A small update to make phoenixes elemental fires to properly bleed and can be killed that way. They bleed magma.

EDIT: .15c released
Fixed elepmental fires got drowned in enclosed magma.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 09:12:30 am by rephikul »
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2011, 11:43:22 pm »

just installed the mod... genned a world, started playing, and i notice all my dwarves are starving
i have meat, plum helmets and prepared turtles, some of wich i cooked into lavish meals

edit:
also
Spoiler: errorlog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:00:20 am by Askot Bokbondeler »

myrkul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2011, 03:05:21 am »

Creature Token: FIREIMMUNE_SUPPER

That's the probem! the food is all fire-immune.

Seriously though... i have no idea what caused the dwarves not to eat. maybe duplicate raws?
Tips, donations or bribes:

1LRwdLUjnUrsnQzHmxRPCjMSxqPrPUU8p

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2011, 04:13:40 am »

eh, i doubt it, duplicated raws are much more... interesting, and show up on the errorlog

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2011, 08:13:53 am »

Sorry for the late reply, I am not at home.  TheStratovarian has also got into problems of having people not eating however I'm not getting any any issues of that sorts. The 2 errors in .15c are not the cause, that I know for sure as I'm also playing with that version until somebody reported that bug. I'd look over things when I'm home on 17th or 18th but for now maybe you can make do with some checklist:

1) Make sure that you have no duplicated raws. Try installing the mod using the provided .bat program on a fresh installation of DF and see if the problem persist.
2) Look over your installed mods and make sure they are the ones supported by IM and make sure IM was installed after anything else. If there's an unsupported mod, name it here and I'd look over it.
3) Make sure that you have food. Dwarves wont eat organ chops and nor uncooked meat and pets will also eat roasts especially if they have no alternatives. Make sure your food arent claimed either.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2011, 10:39:22 pm »

1)i did so, and over a fresh installation of dwarf fortress, i also started three fortress and played them until the dwarves started hunting for vermin
2)i have no additional mods
3)i did so in all 3 attempts, i always had cooked meat, prepared fish and raw plump helmets

how did you make it so dwarves eat only meat and the dogs eat organs?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2011, 01:42:36 am »

Alright there's definitely something wrong with the way you installed the mod. Did you by any chance empty the raw folder? Cause you dont need to. Let me try an installation walkthrough:

1) Downloaded DF (took 30 mins)
2) Downloaded the mod from the deport (took a min or so)
3) Extracted DF
4) Extracted the files of the mod into the DF folder. "Intensifying Mod Setup.bat", "IM Data" and "Dwarf Fortress.exe" were in the same folder and were visible at the same time.
5) executed "Intensifying Mod Setup.bat"
6) Let's see, default graphis is ASCII, I left it like that
7) FD Mod: not supported, fine by me
8) Blood: On, awesome, no changes required
9) Temperature: On. Well no temp mean more fps so I changed this to OFF
10) I went to DF's init file and changed temperature to OFF as well to match. Also made FPS:0
11) e->y and installed the mod
12) executed Dwarf Fortress.exe
13) Genned a small test world. Notice the errorlog about the elemental bugs, no biggie.
14) Started the game, choose embark carefully and gave lots of plump helmets cause dwarves cant eat meat raw.
15) Unpaused and waited, FPS was 400 on a 2x2 embark.
16) Dwarves drank and ate at regular intervals.
17) Summer came, no hunger reported
18) Shut down DF and wrote this in the forum.

EDIT: organ chops have [MEAT] but dont have [EDIBLE_COOKED].
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:52:04 am by rephikul »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 15, 2011, 02:36:08 am »

i had blood off. i can't try it right now, it might be that...

why do dogs eat [MEAT] but dwarves don't?

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 15, 2011, 05:31:31 am »

I'm thinking of trying out your mod, but given my love of volcanoes, your sig worries me.  What's all this about eruptions?

Also, a few questions about the crops (I've thought a lot about crops):
-Is it intentional for plump helmets to have a growth cycle of only 1 month?  I suppose the small cluster-size should make up for it, but I'm curious as to what prompted this.  Is it to make a "quick and easy" crop for immediate use?  What about its use in dyeing cloth?  Does it have to be processed before it can be dye?

-What does the "1+potash" mean for the drink-value of sugarcane?

-Pig tails grow in 3 months and yield 2 thread, as opposed to Rope-reed growing in 9 months and yielding 1 thread.  This would seem to give pig-tails 6 times the yield of Rope-Reed.  Intentional?

Do you have any plans for addressing the seeming inconsistency of sunless underground crops being limited by seasons while exposed above-ground crops can be grown any time anywhere?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2011, 11:10:29 am »

-Pig tails grow in 3 months and yield 2 thread, as opposed to Rope-reed growing in 9 months and yielding 1 thread.  This would seem to give pig-tails 6 times the yield of Rope-Reed.  Intentional?

Do you have any plans for addressing the seeming inconsistency of sunless underground crops being limited by seasons while exposed above-ground crops can be grown any time anywhere?
this kind of makes sense, since underground farming is kind of hard in the beginning and overground farming is so easy there has to be some incentive to grow underground crops over surface crops... but it might be a little over the top, though, with pig tails being edible and all

i'm answering my own question here, i'm guessing dogs have [BONECARN] and it makes them eat body parts that are not usually edible, is this right?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2011, 11:51:25 am »

I'm thinking of trying out your mod, but given my love of volcanoes, your sig worries me.  What's all this about eruptions?
There's a good chance of a flying semi megabeast that breath fire and bleed fire in any magma seas. If you like volcanoes, I recommend deconstruct the wagon immediately and only start any sorts of constructions AFTER sealing the volcano
Also, a few questions about the crops (I've thought a lot about crops):
-Is it intentional for plump helmets to have a growth cycle of only 1 month?  I suppose the small cluster-size should make up for it, but I'm curious as to what prompted this.  Is it to make a "quick and easy" crop for immediate use?  What about its use in dyeing cloth?  Does it have to be processed before it can be dye?
Plump helmet is indeed a quick & easy crop for immediate use. It's the unique plump helmet feature. However neither plump helmet nor pig tails yield as much food per planting job as cave wheat because cave wheat's seeds are edible, technically +1 or +2 serving per yield. Plump helmets need to be processed to be used as dye just as all other dye-related plants.

-What does the "1+potash" mean for the drink-value of sugarcane?
Processing 4 sugarcanes at the kitchen yield 20 units of cachaca (value:1) and 1 unit of potash

It's only 2 times more. A grower can plant just as many pig tails in one season as he'd rope reed. However, ropereed can be planted year-round while pigtails are most suited as the summer crop only.
I have already addressed it. Overland crops worth less, are heavier, yield less food, and take longer to mature. The grow-any-time is the feature of overland crop and I dont want to take that away. Overland crop are also more rare. You have access to 3 underground crop right away without any exploration but there're only 2 common overland crops.

i'm answering my own question here, i'm guessing dogs have [BONECARN] and it makes them eat body parts that are not usually edible, is this right?
I dont know, that's just how the game work ;p
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:57:26 am by rephikul »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2011, 04:23:31 pm »

I'm still on 0.12 version (not a slowpoke just have projects to finish) but have you done anything to elves?
URL=http://img248.imageshack.us/i/experiment1x.jpg/][/URL]
After that the bastard has peeked his pointy ears into every corner and left.
They say it can't happen in vanilla now, so what can you say about this?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:34:30 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Mikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:00 pm »

i had blood off. i can't try it right now, it might be that...

It is.  I was hoping to be able to run the game with the blood fix on, but for some bizarre reason that prevents dwarves from eating.  It's probably possible to have the goo/pus/etc boiling temp set below ambient, and only have blood temp at normal, but I haven't tried that yet.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22