Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65248 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.14
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2011, 02:21:06 pm »

Rephikul, I really like your simple way of the setup you've made in BATCH file. Would you allow me to use your installer for my Genesis versions? I will credit you in the top line (the line which tells the name of the mod, it will be "Installer by Rephkul"; I can even place a link to your mod there ;D). It would save a LOT of work for me.

I mean, the syntax is pretty easy to understand/alter, but I don't know it so it's hard to use it from scratch :). Using your installer with alterations would really save my time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2011, 02:29:33 pm »

Rephikul, I really like your simple way of the setup you've made in BATCH file. Would you allow me to use your installer for my Genesis versions? I will credit you in the top line (the line which tells the name of the mod, it will be "Installer by Rephkul"; I can even place a link to your mod there ;D). It would save a LOT of work for me.

I mean, the syntax is pretty easy to understand/alter, but I don't know it so it's hard to use it from scratch :). Using your installer with alterations would really save my time.
Go for it, I pretty much ripped the old .bat from lazy newb pack anyway.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2011, 02:41:00 pm »

Ah, good to know. Sometimes I wonder how it's easy for me to modify ANY creation (it stands for mods, programs etc.) but hard to make myself. I guess you can call it an unique state of mind laziness :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2011, 02:53:37 pm »

It's called learning from observation I think, not exactly uncommon.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2011, 02:56:07 pm »

And yay, it works :). You don't know how am I grateful for your permission. I wanted to make a simple interface with customization for a LONG time. It's great to have it finally. Now I have optional races and INIT settings via the same application :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.14b
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2011, 03:32:21 am »

0.14b Changes
+ Fixed sugarcane related reactions, now they use correct material. Sugarcane billet production is no longer super awkward.
+ Fixed arrow names, now display correctly as "large bodkin arrow" instead of "large bolt".
+ Added caste job names to display also display caste name i.e. hunchbacked miner, female axedwarf...

Just a small bug fix and minor clarifications as I'm busy having fun IRL. Also, happy lunar new year to those celebrating it.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2011, 05:44:07 pm »

I'm playing a (heavily modded) version of .10, the soap-making reaction is broken, and I don't see any notes in your updates that say you've fixed it. You've got it taking an unrotten glob that has the reaction class: fat and the material reaction product: soap, but no such thing exists. Fat doesn't have any material reaction product. You need to add [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SOAP_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAP] to your fat material template's entry.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2011, 05:59:24 pm »

I'm playing a (heavily modded) version of .10, the soap-making reaction is broken, and I don't see any notes in your updates that say you've fixed it. You've got it taking an unrotten glob that has the reaction class: fat and the material reaction product: soap, but no such thing exists. Fat doesn't have any material reaction product. You need to add [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SOAP_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SOAP] to your fat material template's entry.
You are right, I've never noticed that since soaps now can be ordered directly from the caravan and I've seen exploiting that fact and never make them myself... Anyway, The reaction doesnt need that [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SOAP_MAT], just remove it and it should work again. This can also be applied to old saves. Thanks for spotting the error and I'd put the solution in the next release.

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2011, 11:48:25 pm »

Genned a new world.  Saw this on embark and in game.

Two of my dwarves have this, the rest seem normal.  They both have awesome stats (as you can see) and both seem to function perfectly normal in-game.
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:26 pm »

Two of my dwarves have this, the rest seem normal.  They both have awesome stats (as you can see) and both seem to function perfectly normal in-game.
2 out of 7? Pretty nice luck, they dont show up often. I added them in .14. They are pretty much dwarves who will go HHHNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHH on you very early on (max age 1-10). If you are still using .14 I highly recommend upgrading to .14b. The raw are compatible but it'd be much easier to notice these guys.

duckInferno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2011, 01:12:33 am »

Well shit, I abandoned the fort because I thought it was broken. :D
HAHAHA YES MY EXPIDITION LEADER IS PARTYING WITH GHOSTS THIS IS THE BEST UPDATE EVER

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 06, 2011, 03:33:03 pm »

I'm starting to working on .15 and a lite version which'd just improve fps and walk around bugs. If you have any recommendations or found any bugs, let it known.

.15 will do as many of these as possible:
+ Fix noble-related bugs
+ fix other misc bugs
+ nerf admantine
+ buff 2h weapons
+ touch up elves
+ test and see the deal with nerves and tendons.

the lite version will aim to do these things, basically it'd be IM without all the balancing aspects:
+ Remove all the less interesting gems, metals, alloys, stones, soils, crafts, plants, creatures, vermins and body parts.
+ Remove clothings
+ Remove miasma
+ Remove physical stat decay.
+ Make siegers fully armored
+ Make blood evapourate at room temperature
+ Sort UI stuff where applicable
+ Phoebus tileset, Ironhand tileset, Mayday tileset compatible, but not as well

TheStratovarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 06, 2011, 04:26:19 pm »

A great mod, i can push from a normal 60 to 120+ easily even with water, however, im sorry, i cant use it. six seperate embarks, the dwarves refuse to eat anything, and starve each and every time. Fixed, raw, prepared, not one will eat, going to when hungry to hunt, and its a beserk to death.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2011, 12:48:38 am »

A great mod, i can push from a normal 60 to 120+ easily even with water, however, im sorry, i cant use it. six seperate embarks, the dwarves refuse to eat anything, and starve each and every time. Fixed, raw, prepared, not one will eat, going to when hungry to hunt, and its a beserk to death.
Hi and thanks for playing. I guess you didnt install the mod correctly and you had duplicated raw. How did you install it?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:36:40 am by rephikul »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.15
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2011, 05:49:41 am »

.15 Changes
+ Custom creatures are now properly rendered in ironhand and their description now read their color correctly.
+ Fixed many noble bugs
+ Made nails always plurals
+ Removed dungeon master & exotic tag
+ Fixed barrel & bin reactions, now correctly use empty bins/barrels only
+ Made coal & lignite both sedimentaries as in vanilla again
+ Fixed soap production, now correctly use fat. Thanks, NecroRebel.
+ Elf's size increased to human's
+ Fixed issues with some pet chows not properly stockpiled
+ Adjusted skill training rate: production skills decay faster, harvesting/immediate skills/social skills cannot be trained and kicking/punching/biting/misc obj. using almost never train.
+ Adjuted dwarf's personality Lazier, slower, angrier, hate nobles and friendlier.
+ Fire elemental -> phoenix. Phoenixes are equivalent to semi megabeasts, made of fire (duh) and can fly.
+ Added a blunt attack (slap) to all bears.
+ Merged the tempered column into the spiked ball
+ Buffed 2handed weapons, all except giant axes can beat their 1h+shield version.
+ Whip nerfed and is now a non lethal yet painful weapon
+ Flails are now 2handed and are a cross between mauls and pikes, having a blunt and an edged attack.
+ Dagger's size reduced and is now a crit-dependant stabby weapon.
+ Pommel strikes removed from all weapons except for dagger, on which speed was greatly reduced.
+ Bodkin arrows are now elf-only and have high penetration.
+ Added broadhead arrows and all races which had bodkin accesss in previous version except elves now use it instead. This is a cutting arrow.
+ Increased max edges of some metals: Copper (12500), Iron (12500) , Bronze (15000), steel (15000)
+ Reduced speed of edged attacks by 20%
+ Slade renamed to humming slade
+ Adamantine renamed to slade, is just as heavy and cannot be made into weapons or clothes. However it can be used directly and need no strand extraction.
+ Added a new adamantine which's basically adamantine but cannot be made into armor. Still need strand extraction.
+ Add a kiln reaction: 1 boulder of new slade + 5 value 60 gems -> 1 boulder of new adamantine.

=== Dwarves nerfed ===
+ Adjusted skill training rate: production skills decay faster, harvesting/immediate skills/social skills cannot be trained and kicking/punching/biting/misc obj. using almost never train.
+ Adjuted dwarf's personality Lazier, slower, angrier, hate nobles and friendlier.

Personality changes credited to the people in the personality discussion thread. Generally dwarves take break more often, work more slowly and basically is just less productive and make less quality goods. This is nice, as economy is slightly hurt. Social skills no longer change makes social skills something personal. No amount of partying will make a person who barely talk popular. High liberalism mean the more nobles you need, the more attention you need to pay to happiness, which's excellent. High friendliness make them make more friends and tantruming more easily. I love these changes.

Weapons overhauled
+ Merged the tempered column into the spiked ball
+ Buffed 2handed weapons, all except giant axes can beat their 1h+shield version.
+ Whip nerfed and is now a non lethal yet painful weapon
+ Flails are now 2handed and are a cross between mauls and pikes, having a blunt and an edged attack.
+ Dagger's size reduced and is now a crit-dependant stabby weapon.
+ Pommel strikes removed from all weapons except for dagger, on which speed was greatly reduced.
+ Bodkin arrows are now elf-only and have high penetration.
+ Added broadhead arrows and all races which had bodkin accesss in previous version except elves now use it instead. This is a cutting arrow.
+ Increased max edges of some metals: Copper (12500), Iron (12500) , Bronze (15000), steel (15000)

2h beats 1h+shield, ranged beats 2h, 1h+shield beats ranged. Mixed army beats megabeasts. FINALLY!! A combat system that work!! In concept, that is. Weapon review and supposed roles:
Axes: Use this if you already win in material Axes are very good as it kill quickly if it does hit, hence you need material advantage.
Bows: Powerful, expensive ranged weapon. The best megabeast killer but arrows are heavy and bows are 2h so bowmen need cover.
Crossbows: Standard ranged weapon. Also 2handed.
Dagger: Easy to carry and very dependent on lucky stabs on the head. Useless vs larger creatures.
Flails: 2handed, a cross between mauls and pikes.
Halberd: a cross between great axes and pikes.
Maces: Large warhammers. Slightly less effective then war hammers even with the +25% speed increase in IM. Best used by people who like it.
Morningstars: Basically edgy maces.
Picks: Convenient to train and a decent spear but they're 2handed.
Spears: Pointy death. Kill slowly but most easily penetrate armors.
Swords: A cross between axes and spears
Unarmed: Exellent given enough training. And you shall never get enough training...
Warhammers: Excellent anti armored infantries, arguably better them spears. However nigh useless vs megabeasts.
Whips: Painful but non-lethal. Good to stun things with, but wont kill anything on its own in time.

Material overhauled
+ Slade renamed to humming slade
+ Adamantine renamed to slade, is just as heavy and cannot be made into weapons or clothes. However it can be used directly and need no strand extraction.
+ Added a new adamantine which's basically adamantine but cannot be made into armor. Still need strand extraction.
+ Add a kiln reaction: 1 boulder of new slade + 5 value 60 gems -> 1 boulder of new adamantine.

The first 2 changes are to make bronze having a slightly more edge over iron and steel slightly easier to penetrate steel armors. The adamantine changes are to slow down the adamantine rush and to make adamantine armors an option rather then a direct upgrade. Do you want decent protection and mobility (steel armors) or the invulnerability of a turtle (slade armors)?

Spoiler: other rant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 03:14:36 pm by rephikul »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22