Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Don't OutGuess the Mod Mafia 3 - Actually Started  (Read 16421 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Don't OutGuess the Mod Mafia 3 - Actually Started
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2010, 02:11:21 pm »

Because if not, I think we can say with confidence that is the scum's night action, and with slightly less confidence that Pandar is town.

Mod, how much longer until the next ejection?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »

Mind giving reasons why you find me scummy instead of just dropping vague accusations?

^ this. Bastard mod isn't an excuse for playing like a tard.

Does anyone else have anything in their role that can be "taken" like Pandar's? My role is pretty simple, and I didn't know there was stealable stuff.

Rolefishing noted.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2010, 01:06:13 am »

I imagine every can have shit stolen from them.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2010, 04:18:53 am »

Warning: I'm moving tomorrow and won't be able to post for the next two-three days (my apartment has no internet, and this is the first time I've lived off-campus).  I'll do what I can to get something good for Monday.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2010, 05:20:14 am »

Mod:
Can stuff be stolen if it's been bet?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2010, 04:06:09 pm »

Blizzard + Weekend, guys. I'll answer questions when I'm back.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2010, 08:10:55 pm »

Blizzard + Weekend, guys. I'll answer questions when I'm back.
You too, huh?
But anyway. This game is just a simple trick. The person who gets kicked out is the person that has the most bets placed on them, of course, so if we all agree whom to bet on, they get kicked out.
Yeah, I think this is right, especially with the extra twist added today, so it isn't too simple.
So, what we have to do is hit scum with our bets, while still retaining enough money to not run out, I think.
I'm thinking it's the sheer amount of money bet on someone rather than number of betters. The ne'er-do-wells must have abilities designed to give them plenty of money; they're probably capable of outbetting everyone at least on a small scale for now. We're gonna have to find some scum and gang up on them to have any hope here.
However, I bet that the Ne'er-Do-Wells know exactly how it works and are exploiting the hell out of the system right now.
[bArgembarger:[/b]  You seem to know (or think) a lot about what powers the Ne'er-Do-Wells have.  How do you expect to verify your theory, and how do you expect knowing their power(s) will help town?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2010, 09:25:57 pm »

Unless Pandar is scum, and shouting "Thief!" as a WIFOM move to gain trust, we have a pickpocket on the loose. It's a pretty safe bet there is one, though, considering the mechanics under which this game operates.

Right now, I'd say it's fairly certain that "pickpocket" is one of the scum roles, due to the "stealing stuff" nature of the role. It'll get verified more and more as it happens later on. It's no different to figure out who's doing it than it would be to figure out who is a roleblocker or something.

The knowledge of this potential scum role is information that wasn't apparant before Pandar brought it up. It's good to know, because if it is true that you get ejected for having no money, then you are in danger of being forced out by scum when low on cash. It'll keep town from being frivolous with their bets.

This is all speculation on my part, but this is a bastard mafia after all. You can decide for yourself if my analysis is accurate or not.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2010, 12:19:57 am »

Leafsnail:  (I still like using red for attention) Quit lurking your way to a scum win.  You wanted to see what happened if we bet: did you learn anything useful?  If not, do you plan to bet again today for more information?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 13, 2010, 12:31:46 pm »

Just checking in, will post later today.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2010, 01:29:33 pm »

Won't be home until later tonight. Sorry guys.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2010, 04:28:56 pm »

Just checking in, will post later today.

I am going to have to ask for a replacement in this, as I just discovered I will have absolutely no net connection--at home or in my beloved math building--for the next month and a half.

Unfortunately, a two-hour daily walk to play mafia + no ability to get into the library I usually work in makes it a no-go.

Also, my mentor is dying.  I don't have the emotional energy for this right now.

Really sorry, guys.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2010, 04:42:55 pm »

Eh, it's understandable, Vector. What are we going to do, complain that your mentor dying is inconvenient for the rest of us? Yeah, that's not assholey or anything. You do what you want, the game will go on fine without you.

Speaking of which, I'm willing to replace Vector.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2010, 04:46:19 pm »

He may still have a couple of years in him--I dunno.  But he's having epileptic seizures...  :'(  I want to make sure I can learn everything I can from him in the time he has left.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2010, 08:21:12 pm »

Go, do the important stuff. This subforum will still probably be here when you get back.

I am willing to take control of Vector's character.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14