Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Don't OutGuess the Mod Mafia 3 - Actually Started  (Read 16402 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Don't OutGuess the Mod Mafia 3 - Actually Started
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2010, 09:10:06 pm »

Eh, it's understandable, Vector. What are we going to do, complain that your mentor dying is inconvenient for the rest of us? Yeah, that's not assholey or anything. You do what you want, the game will go on fine without you.

Speaking of which, I'm willing to replace Vector.
Since you called first, you get it.

Just checking in, will post later today.

I am going to have to ask for a replacement in this, as I just discovered I will have absolutely no net connection--at home or in my beloved math building--for the next month and a half.

Unfortunately, a two-hour daily walk to play mafia + no ability to get into the library I usually work in makes it a no-go.

Also, my mentor is dying.  I don't have the emotional energy for this right now.

Really sorry, guys.
That's it. You can't quit because you're fired!

Also, okay.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2010, 09:31:33 pm »

Go, do the important stuff. This subforum will still probably be here when you get back.

I am willing to take control of Vector's character.

Aren't you busy controlling yourself?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2010, 10:54:56 pm »

I can be the other guy girl!

What's that quote? "I am large. I contain multitudes." That.

I will totally be good and not all manipulate anything with my me and my Vector working in Tandem in some way that won't even happen. So hssss. Mr.Person. Back off!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 14, 2010, 03:31:25 pm »

I'm thinking that everyone who bets on the person ejected will win their bets, which will cause everyone better on them to win their bets, and so on and so forth.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2010, 03:36:51 pm »

By the way, you all have 24 hours.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2010, 04:14:01 pm »

I think I should ask for a replacement. It was a mistake for me to join a Bastard Mod game :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2010, 05:51:56 pm »

Sounds awful, Vector.  I don't think it's been said that real life > mafia here recently, so...

Leafsnail:  (I still like using red for attention) Quit lurking your way to a scum win.  You wanted to see what happened if we bet: did you learn anything useful?  If not, do you plan to bet again today for more information?
Respectively, no and yes.  I got back the money I betted, presumably because everyone else voted for Org.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2010, 04:21:24 pm »

That sound pretty bad, Vector.  We'll still be here when you're done doing what you need to do.

Anyway, I'm sure the scum are just laughing it up with this lurking.  Not that I've helped the situation much, but still.
Unless Pandar is scum, and shouting "Thief!" as a WIFOM move to gain trust, we have a pickpocket on the loose. It's a pretty safe bet there is one, though, considering the mechanics under which this game operates.

Right now, I'd say it's fairly certain that "pickpocket" is one of the scum roles, due to the "stealing stuff" nature of the role. It'll get verified more and more as it happens later on. It's no different to figure out who's doing it than it would be to figure out who is a roleblocker or something.

The knowledge of this potential scum role is information that wasn't apparant before Pandar brought it up. It's good to know, because if it is true that you get ejected for having no money, then you are in danger of being forced out by scum when low on cash. It'll keep town from being frivolous with their bets.

This is all speculation on my part, but this is a bastard mafia after all. You can decide for yourself if my analysis is accurate or not.
Enlighten me, how DO you figure out who a roleblocker is?

I don't believe you understand what we mean by pickpocket.  I'm fairly sure that they can steal your items, or at least that's what happened in Pandar's case, not steal your cash.

And we all better bet if we haven't yet, the day should be ending soon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2010, 05:43:36 pm »

Annnnnnnd no more bets!

Our machine has shown that...

Jokerman-EXE was to be eliminated!

That means GlyphGryph and Leafsnail have won their bets!

And word from our security guards seem to indicate that Jokerman-EXE was NOT a Ne'er-Do-Well!

Now, please wait while we take a quick break.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2010, 06:05:09 pm »

Well, I'm a good deal wealthier than yesterday, and I believe I know what makes a person get eliminated.

It's not how many people bet them, it's how much. I'll share numbers if other people want to.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2010, 06:19:21 pm »

This is interesting. Veeeeeeeery interesting. Now I'm more than a bit confused.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2010, 10:55:32 pm »

Blah.  I bet on Pandar, thinking he might be kicked rather than a replacement sought out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #177 on: December 17, 2010, 09:42:52 am »

Hey I just noticed this game is pretty inactive,
I realize I am to blame as much as anyone else, however,

That sound pretty bad, Vector.  We'll still be here when you're done doing what you need to do.

Anyway, I'm sure the scum are just laughing it up with this lurking.  Not that I've helped the situation much, but still.
Unless Pandar is scum, and shouting "Thief!" as a WIFOM move to gain trust, we have a pickpocket on the loose. It's a pretty safe bet there is one, though, considering the mechanics under which this game operates.

Right now, I'd say it's fairly certain that "pickpocket" is one of the scum roles, due to the "stealing stuff" nature of the role. It'll get verified more and more as it happens later on. It's no different to figure out who's doing it than it would be to figure out who is a roleblocker or something.

The knowledge of this potential scum role is information that wasn't apparant before Pandar brought it up. It's good to know, because if it is true that you get ejected for having no money, then you are in danger of being forced out by scum when low on cash. It'll keep town from being frivolous with their bets.

This is all speculation on my part, but this is a bastard mafia after all. You can decide for yourself if my analysis is accurate or not.
Enlighten me, how DO you figure out who a roleblocker is?

I don't believe you understand what we mean by pickpocket.  I'm fairly sure that they can steal your items, or at least that's what happened in Pandar's case, not steal your cash.

And we all better bet if we haven't yet, the day should be ending soon.

Kamina, for some of us, items ARE cash. Saying that is probably going to make me a target, but whatever, that information should be made known.

Anyway, how do you figure out what any role is? You scumhunt and you investigate.

I don't know if this game will become active again or not, but I'm going to do this, if anything, to investigate and stir up discussion.

I'm going to bet half my remaining wealth on Glyphgryph to be kicked out. I'm pulling an utter lack of scumtells on anyone in this game, really, however, Glyphgryph having a lot of money concerns me greatly.

I'm going to bet the other half of my remaining wealth on Glyphgryph to win his bet. Glyphgryph can probably force anyone he likes out with sheer cash, so yeah.

Just think of it as the desperate act on my part to resuscitate this game; and if this game is already dead, then whatever. Either way, I expect something to happen.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2010, 06:54:23 pm »

You do realize that leafsnail potentially has far more money right now than me, right? And that you essentially just allowed him to choose, on his own, if he wants to knock me out?

Anyways, I'm just going to hope one of the lurkers are scum and bet on a lurker. Blah de blah.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2010, 07:18:56 pm »

I got $75 back in addition to the $100 I bet for that one.  Not really that much.

Also, isn't it still the "short break"...?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14