Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30820 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - the Zombies are Visiting!
« Reply #270 on: November 25, 2010, 01:14:13 pm »

Okay then. Well, good luck to us.

Kweed throws pebbles and rocks at the zombies till he runs out-I give ground if the zombies get close.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 25, 2010, 02:00:39 pm »

I start throwing spears and when i only have one left i melee
<snip>
i say we take them from afar and tomorrow we make a wagon and start traveling with the pony
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 25, 2010, 02:01:09 pm »

Since you're all together, the zombies are just a minor wave. Zombie versions of creatures are generally just less effective versions of their parent creature, easier to cut apart than their healthy versions, but with a little more survivability to weaker attacks.

The zombies have no weapons and very little armour.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 25, 2010, 02:09:37 pm »

Grab something that can slash and keep them away. Also throw rocks and stuff.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2010, 02:24:56 pm »

I like Maxi's idea. This "minor wave" is probably a necromancers scouting force or something lol...We'll see how we fare, then we can discuss moving the camp, and to where.

Samthere: Ahh, I needed to know that. I was only wondering if you were throwing a "if you don't run you deserve to die" scenario. Seems we can win after all. :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2010, 02:51:02 pm »

Ungbuktu " EEK! "I throw things!. Keep my mace and take the wooden club and retreat behind the pit. Hide in a hidey hole if they over run us. Smash heads as they climb out of the pit. SMASHEMAND BASHEM

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 25, 2010, 06:22:38 pm »

me shoot them full of arrows (use the bronze non poisoned ones), nevermind, they are just arrowheads, me shoot them full of non poison arrows, if the arrows do a significant amount of damage, then i just keep shooting them and running away if they get clsoe
if the arrows don't work, or they do manage to close me stabby them

two things, first, will arrows really work on undead?
second, i think it would be rather nice if we could get another perk somehow, without trading in our current ones.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 25, 2010, 06:32:34 pm »

Arrows wont work very well on undead, barring either headshots-assuming brain destroyed=dead zombie- or pinning them to the ground.

I can agree with the current implemented system of perks-I intend to sacrifice a 5 point skill in anything but blocking...I like the tough perk. :)
The only other way might be to like, to take 2 flaws to get 1 perk? It should make all flaws extra potent if that.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2010, 11:43:27 am »

I will use my raptor for hit and run, run in, slash slash slash, bite bite bite, run away. Repeat.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 26, 2010, 11:52:10 am »

Going home for the weekend (late Thanksgiving and early birthday), but I've got the resources I need online now, so I can hopefully do the zombie fight tonight; and then maybe one or two more updates on Saturday and Sunday, but there might be fewer. Then Monday I'm going to be 21 so I shall be having mad wild party times :P
Normal updating should resume Tuesday, or if my party is still going then, Wednesday.

But yes, I'll do the zombie fight asap <3
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 06:36:13 pm by Samthere »

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - the Zombies are Dead!
« Reply #280 on: November 27, 2010, 06:40:50 pm »

ZOMBIE FIGHT!

The seven zombies move as a group towards the cave; their heads at odd angles and tongues lolling. At the head of the group are three smaller, faster zombies, one with barely any flesh and another with almost all its limbs bent at funny angles. Behind them walk another three, each with a separate piece of bronze armour, some remnant of their previous lives. One wears a grimy gauntlet on its right hand, another a mess of torn mail, and the last a single bronze greave. At the back of the group lumbers a zombie half as tall again as any other, with great muscles showing through patches of missing skin.

Likesfighting is the quickest to react, tossing one of his new spears. It flies between two of the front zombies and bounces off the greave. Schlakal grabs his bow and a handful of arrows and fires one over the head of the smallest zombie, and it sticks into the bronze mail of the zombie behind it. Tiggi jumps up and rushes off, away from the fight. Two smaller zombies rush forward, splitting from their group and covering half the distance to where the kobolds are defending, while Ungbuktu frantically tugs at the heavy log to uncover the pit trap.

Fuzz grabs the chitin armour and starts pulling it over his head. As SmallOne hacks and coughs behind everyone in the cave, Kurtulmak urges his beak dog forward. They meet the zombies midway; the beak dog bites and tears at one of the monsters, and begins to tug and tear. Kurtulmak swings at the other with his new sword. Fighting from the back of a beak dog is unfamiliar to him, though, and he swings too hard, falling off the beak dog and at the feet of the standing zombie. The zombie, with a leg barely connected, stomps on Kurtulmak with unlikely force, and holds him down by standing on his chest.

Ichi, grabbing a dagger in case of melee, throws a rock at the zombie standing over Kurtulmak, missing, but Likesfighting grabs another of his spears and launches it at the same target. The spear rips through the zombie's gut, tearing apart the little flesh that was still there, and the zombie falls apart. The beak dog finishes its target, tearing its throat and snapping its neck. It stands briefly, motionless, before its body succumbs to gravity, and the beak dog drags Kurtulmak to relative safety behind the others.

Kweed''rik'tik, now in a defensive position in front of his tribe, starts tossing pebbles at the zombies, but it does little to them. Nreelrroi holds her bunny tight and cowers behind the pit as the remaining five zombies shamble forth, getting closer to the cave. Kurtulmak lets go of his beak dog's harness as the reptile rushes back in, flanking a zombie that had come close to Likesfighting. Schlakal lets another arrow fly, and the beak dog and arrow combo brings a third zombie to its end. With a great heave, Ungbuktu flings the log away from the pit trap and waits behind it.

Likesfighting throws his penultimate stone-tipped spear, which pierces the mailed zombie through its leg and digs into the ground. The zombie keeps walking, and the spear slides through the hole with a gruesome sucking sound. As Kweed''rik'tik braces himself for the zombies reaching him, Schlakal fires an arrow at the mailed zombie's head, where it sticks out of its eye socket. Ungbuktu pelts the same zombie with pebbles, which aggravates it, causing it to step hard on its now-wounded leg and damage it further.

A scream comes from the cave, startling everyone, but it's only SmallOne's feverish howling in his illness. Kurtulmak sits back and catches his breath as his beak dog rushes out again, trying but failing to harm the greave zombie. Nreelrroi, regaining her courage, cheers on the warriors as the zombies close the gap, pushing forward through the rain of objects. Likesfighting throws a wooden spear; it sticks out of the greave zombie's chest. The gauntlet and greave zombies swing at Kweed, but he pushes them back with his weapons, driving Likesfighting's spear deeper into the greave zombie. and swings in return. Both weapons connect with the gauntlet zombie's stomach, crumpling it somewhat.

Tiggi returns, leading the pony (which carries the baby) and driving the chickens before her. She pulls back her bow to defend Ichi from the mailed zombie which has come upon him, unfazed by his relentless rock-throwing. The arrow misses the zombie but grazes Ichi's leg. The zombie tries to kick Ichi, who jumps away from the attack and shouts at Tiggi. Schlakal send another arrow flying into the gauntlet zombie's dented belly, which oozes an unpleasant, opaque yellow fluid.

The brute, ignoring the beak dog trying to scratch at it, comes up to Likesfighting and tries to grab the large kobold by the head; Likesfighting moves aside and stabs at the brute with his last stone spear, plunging it into the brute's gut, though the zombie does not seem any less keen on pummeling the kobold. Again, Schlakal fires, piercing the gauntlet zombie's leg, which bursts with the yellow fluid. The zombie, drained, sinks to the ground.

Ungbuktu takes careful aim with a heavy rock, flinging it at the greave zombie. It strikes it squarely in the head; sinew tears and the head flops to the side as the zombie falls over. The beak dog tries again to bite the brute, but is knocked away by a massive, rotten shoulder. Fuzz stands by Kurtulmak, handling his hatchet, ready to fight if anything gets closer. Meanwhile, Kurtulmak throws his flint at the mailed zombie; it probably would bruise the thing if it were still alive.

Ichi jumps at the mailed zombie and wildly slashes at the its throat and arms, continuing even as the zombie is beaten to the ground, and only stopping when there's not way it's going to get back up.

Only the brutish zombie remains standing, faced by Likesfighting and Kweed''rik'tik, and with the beak dog at its side. As Nreelrroi shouts from the cave, Kweed smashes its leg, causing it to stand with a tilt. From its unguarded side, Tiggi shoots it with an arrow. The brute, being pummeled by three enemies and peppered with arrows, takes a mighty swing at everybody around it. The beak dog nimbly jumps back from the strike, Likesfighting ducks under it, and Kweed''rik'tik takes the hit on his armour without being hurt, grabbing the zombie's arm. Likesfighting leaps up, driving his spear upwards through the zombie's outstretched arm and into its head. It gargles, then collapses.

+1 large bronze right gauntlet
+1 large bronze greave
+1 bronze mail piece
Schlakal: -3 baboon/-1 cougar bone arrows
Tiggi: -1 baboon bone arrow

Kurtulmak: medium-serious chest wound
Ichi: minor leg wound

Likesfighting has gained a level in spiker!
Kweed''rik'tik has gained a level in basher!
Tiggi has gained a level in shooter!

TIME OF DAY:
######O######
############
Noon
~the air is thick with the smell of death, but the moment is filled with joy~
The battle with the zombies took only minutes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 27, 2010, 06:55:17 pm »

I claim a large bronze right gauntlet!
I start to haul zombie corpses out of the cave, making sure their heads are bashed beforehand.

OOC: Now, we could probably use a concensus here-anyone else think it's time to move camp? Where theres one zombie, theres always more...

I think we could move half way between the farm and the big water. Whats you guys idea?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 07:23:28 pm by Dwarmin »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 27, 2010, 08:28:43 pm »

Yes, that spot between the farm and lake looks nice.

Fuzz will butcher both boar corpses, keeping the tainted meat seperate.
Then, he will knead white-rock into the good meat.
If there is time, he will fashion some leather into sattlebags for the ponie.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 27, 2010, 09:26:37 pm »

Could I go on the waitlist for the next wave of new kobolds?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 27, 2010, 09:38:02 pm »

I agree to where the others are going, I then fix us all up and try to find my staff stick.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33