Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: You are all Kobolds - Goodbye, Cave  (Read 30831 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - the Bronze-Stealing Age
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2010, 05:02:09 am »

Not American, and I'm somewhat familiar with the manifesto.  Seemed like a good opening for a crack, though.  =P

Also, I could get into the disadvantages of even the idealist form of communism (lack of personal rewards discourages developments) and its advantages, but this is neither the time nor place.

Unless the kobolds actually develop into a true communist state, that is!  (Like those damned oligarcho-communist dwarves!)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2010, 09:46:06 am »

Tiggi drags the corpse back to the storage heap and realizes that other people had already been out hunting.  She didn't need to go hunting at all to start her fashion empire.  Oh well, no use crying over stolen milk.  Tiggi gets to work on making a mighty boars headdress for someone to wear like a chief or a priest or the human baby.  Oh... the human baby could have a cool snake mouth hat!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2010, 10:51:06 am »

Go find berries! Take bunny around while finding berries.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2010, 07:02:45 pm »

-not action stuff-
Anything in particular you want to do on the way back/when you get back?

me go to human keep, wait till human alone, shoot him with poison arrow and steal armor
The keep is roughly a day away. Do you still want to do that?

I claim these as the most skilled spear user
Probably won't be carrying 6 spears around, but are you grabbing them as soon as they're done and hoarding them or are you just saying to the others that they're yours?

Finally, for anyone wanting to get in on the waiting list, now would be a good time!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2010, 08:19:04 pm »

Right, I will affix the fangs to my sword.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2010, 08:30:42 pm »

I claim the green woolen pack for hauling!
Action: I go help (nirur) harvest berries.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2010, 09:58:22 pm »

I wish to join said wait-list
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:29:58 pm by hubris_incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2010, 10:03:30 pm »

wait a whole day :( no then
me do some generic hunting
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2010, 10:47:29 pm »

Ahoy, all! I've spend the evening setting up new perks and flaws, and coming up with the generation system for the next wave of kobolds. I'm going to get to bed, so the update will be off until tomorrow. I will, however, point you to the second post on the front page, which details how existing players can gain access to the new perks or flaws.

For a limited time only you can swap out 1st generation perks/flaws for 2nd gen ones relatively cheap, and without spending time in-character making the change. Otherwise you can spend a bit more and swap a perk or a flaw for another from any generation. It's even possible to get a third perk/flaw pair!

We'll see how these rules work out for the time being; see you tomorrow!

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2010, 08:59:59 am »

I claim these as the most skilled spear user
Probably won't be carrying 6 spears around, but are you grabbing them as soon as they're done and hoarding them or are you just saying to the others that they're yours?!
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
Re: You are all Kobolds - the Zombies are Visiting!
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2010, 10:44:20 am »

Fuzz:

While jamming the stones into the ends of the stones, you push too hard a couple of times. You have to hack off the split end of the stick and start again, but it works out in the end.
-4 sharp stones
-4 spear sticks
-2 sets large undergarments
+4 sharp stone spears

Likesfighting rushes over as soon as you're done and immediately claims the new spears. You move onto butchering the hyena. You slip and damage some of the skin, but there's still some usable.
-1 hyena corpse
+1 unit raw hyena skin
+6 hyena bones
+7 hyena meals

Afterwards, you cut up the viper, first draining the venom into the tiny viper skull from before. At Tiggi's request, you cut off the head and scrape out the insides.
-1 huge viper corpse
+2 units raw viper skin
+6 viper bones
+5 viper meals
+1 huge viper head

The baboon and cougar skins are sufficiently dry, so you replace them with the new skins.

-you are at the kobold cave-

Ungbuktu:

You daydream about running a trading house, and imagine how much food or cloth you'd get for this piece of bark, and how many pretty stones you'd be able to trade for that twig.

Then you decide to make something. You search a while for a suitable stone, and another to grind it with. You sit patiently and grind away at the larger stone's middle, until there's a hole in it. Then you whittle down the end of a stick so that it fits partially into the hole. You bash the stick with the smaller rock until it is wedged in firmly.
+1 rock-head hammer
Ungbuktu has gained a level in crafter!

Schlakal:

You head out to where Tiggi just returned from, and in very little time you come across a pair of boar, oblivious to your presence. You notch one of your fancy arrows and loose it into the side of one's belly; the shot is not particularly devestating, but you know it'll deliver the viper venom.

You let another arrow fly into the other boar's flank. The boars squeal; the smaller one, which you hit second, flees into the forest, the arrow knocked out of it against a tree. The remaining boar charges at you, struggling to endure the poison now coarsing through its veins. As it passes you, you pull out your claw scimitar and slash in a great sweep, cutting deep into its leg. The boar pulls the scimitar out of your hands as it charges past, but soon collapses to the ground, struggling to breathe as the poison finishes it off.

You gather up the two arrows and separate the boar from your scimitar. When you return to the camp with it, you dip the two arrows into the venom again.
+1 poisoned boar corpse
-some viper venom

Likesfighting:

You continue to train, and make some more progress throwing things and working out. Eventually your wounded arm begins to ache, so you sit down to rest for a while.

When you see the spears Fuzz has created, you rush over and sweep them all up in your arm.

Tiggi:

You take a bone dagger and separate the boar's head from its body, scooping out the insides and washing it all. You remove the lower jaw but leave the tusks, and line the inside with some cloth to make it comfortable.

-1 boar corpse's head
-1 set undergarments
+1 tusked boar headdress
Tiggi has gained a level in crafter!

Fuzz has already prepared the viper head, so you attach the baby's existing underwear hat to it to make it comfortable. Wonderful! It looks like the toddler's sticking out of a viper's mouth!
-1 huge viper head
-1 underwear hat from the baby
+1 novelty viper-eating-a-baby hat

Nreelrroi:

Taking the bunny with you, you go gathering berries. The ones in the local area have started to shrivel, but you still pick out good eating from amongst them. Kweed''rik'tik helps you pick them, and carries them back in his pack.
+5 berry meals

The bunny likes nibbling the berries you pick for it.

Kurtulmak:

You return to the camp with your beak dog and your impressive new sword. You imagine the sword adored with viper fangs, and decide to try to make it a reality. After messing around with the fangs for about an hour, you can't quite find a way to attach them to the sword without them getting in the way.

Kweed''rik'tik:

You pull on the green woolen pack, stretching it slightly over your armour, and head out with Nreelrroi to gather berries. At first you're useless, unable to find tasty berries amongst the wrinkly old dried-up ones, but you start to get the hang of it.
+3 berry meals

Everybody:

You all eat a lunch of the berries Kweed and Nreelrroi gathered, and bask in the sunlight, which has dried the hanging animal skins and Ungbuktu's jars (though one cracked and is useless). As you sit together and eat, a group of 7 human zombies stumble out from the forest and move towards you. Amongst them are pieces of battered and torn armour, including most notably a bronze left gauntlet, some damaged bronze mail, and a single bronze greave.

TIME OF DAY:
######O######
############
Noon
~despite the bright Sun overhead, a wave of cold washes over you~
The zombies have come upon you as you all sit together.

New perks have been added! See the second post to see what they are and how you can get them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:47:47 am by Samthere »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2010, 10:54:04 am »

Fuzz will uncover the pit and make sure he has his trusty hatchet, he also makes sure to put on the chitin armor.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 01:15:29 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2010, 12:24:54 pm »

Urgh, Kweed not in top shape! No fair gooey not alive big mans! Run or stay, run or stay?! Kweed not good with decisions, that why he make good Chief!

OOC: I suggest a expeditious retreat. If we can agree, everybody should gather up as much food and personal items as you can-we need to RUN...

If anyone got a better idea, please, speak up! I just dont think we can take the deaths and/or wounds that it would suffer to hold this area-we might try lobbing rocks and/or arrows to try and thin their numbers first, and then attack. Problem is we got 2 and a half warrior kobolds and 7 zombies...We could win if we managed to take down at least half that in zombs from range.

But, I'm open to suggestion...I'm pretty sure this is Samthere's method of kicking us in the butt for staying in one place so long.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2010, 12:49:06 pm »

There's the pit in front of the cave.
Even if the zombies aren't stupid enough to fall in, it will distract them while the archers pump them full of arrows.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2010, 01:08:08 pm »

Tiggi grabs the baby and any nearby animals and makes sure they're out of danger before dashing to get her bow.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33