Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210732 times)

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some of us on the teamspeak (see my sig), are getting in/back in to WoT. We'd all like to join the clan. Everyone who wants is welcome to get into the teamspeak to coordinate as well.

On which WoT Server are you guys playing? I'd like to join you.

Can you please send me the ts-server ip? Thanks!
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

Ruskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some of us on the teamspeak (see my sig), are getting in/back in to WoT. We'd all like to join the clan. Everyone who wants is welcome to get into the teamspeak to coordinate as well.

On which WoT Server are you guys playing? I'd like to join you.

Can you please send me the ts-server ip? Thanks!

We've been playing on US East

I'll send ya the info in a pm

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darn, I'm playing on the EU Server. :(

The next problem is probably time ... local time: 13:30.
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Sometimes I feel as if, whenever I'm lower tier in a match, my sole duty is to embarrass the top tier tanks by doing more damage than them.

Spoiler: Case and Point (click to show/hide)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Those tend to happen when your top tiers are utter shit. I had top damage once, in a T8 scout :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had top damage once.

Once :(

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm well no my best in a scout was in a (still stock) WZ-131 where i killed a Waffel Thrower and spotted for my team quite a bit. Was the top player exp wise but sure as heck not damage wise.

Also a not so special game in the ST-I
http://wotreplays.com/site/1054472#lakeville-sonlirain-st-i

it was my very first game and the gun was so accurate with almost unaimed snapshots that game it was jsut silly.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:11:17 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those tend to happen when your top tiers are utter shit. I had top damage once, in a T8 scout :I

Isn't one large reason for this because the Tiers always have what I like to call "Barely in the tier" tanks that are cheaper then the other next tiers?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Not quite sure I follow.

Tanks which are cheapest in their tier? The difference is usually negligible and most of the time is made up with the modules being more expensive or something.

Or are you refering to the XP cost? Which is in total mostly the same across all nations and vehicle classes. So if a T10 tank is cheaper to unlock XP wise, it either means the T9 needs a lot of XP to be able to start unlocking the T10 or the T10 is incomplete and needs to grind out a gun or something.

This is the reason the M48 needs less XP to unlock than say a T-62A.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean within the same tier...

Unless there is only one tank in each tier (I always thought there was multiple... huh...)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are dozens of tanks in each tier. By "barely in the tier" do you mean some tanks just suck for their tier? That's true, but it has nothing to do with how much they cost. Tanks are not balanced by their xp/credit costs (thank god). Otherwise I'm not following.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:14:10 am by Rex_Nex »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are dozens of tanks in each tier. By "barely in the tier" do you mean some tanks just suck for their tier? That's true, but it has nothing to do with how much they cost. Tanks are not balanced by their xp/credit costs (thank god). Otherwise I'm not following.

Ahh thanks.

I was under the false assumption that the "Sucks for their tier" ones were cheaper somehow (either by xp or credit) because that would by how a typical game would do it.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like to point out the T-54 leads to 2 "different" (they are basically identical in practice) tier 10 meds.
Namely the T-62A and Object 140.

Both require the same ammount of silver to buy HOWEVER the Object 140 requires 6000 more research points for some odd reason.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:49:34 am by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

When it comes to researching a tier 10 tank, 6000 research points is NOTHING, it's not even worth mentioning.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When it comes to researching a tier 10 tank, 6000 research points is NOTHING, it's not even worth mentioning.

it's still 3% more research points... and they are there for no apparent reason because at least T-54 wise the route to both requires the exact same ammount of exp.
Now if Ojj 140 required cheaper components or something that would be understandable since WG aims at having all tier 10 tanks cost the exact same ammount of research points in the end.

There is no logical explanation why its costs 3% more research... at least none that i can think of.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 251