Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210848 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Capping when it's 4:4. Really?

It originally was going to just be a bait to get them to panic and rush into the TDs we had covering us but we were like "lulz, well if they aren't gonna do anything about us..."
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Use the old render guys, no freezes, no fuss, just a smooth 40-ish FPS.

Also ragequit today, becase after two hours I couldn't get the daily bonus on my two Chinese tanks, fuck idiots in T10's and fuck idiots who refuse to be carried in an IS2
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From their team's positioning and makeup, I would of been surprised if they won that match in any other way. Probably one of those times when it's worth it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:17:04 pm by Rex_Nex »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aand i finally got the IS-3.
So far it's kinda bad imo but it might be the fact it's using a very underwhelming gun fr its tier.
But hey i'm only 22k away from the proper gun and it apparently does not require upgraded thacks or turret so yay.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From their team's positioning and makeup, I would of been surprised if they won that match in any other way. Probably one of those times when it's worth it.

I'd rather do some damage and lose a game then having someone cap and waste a perfectly good 5x multiplier on 200 exp game.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It's a connection issue; I'm managing a solid 30ish FPS right now with moderate settings. I did a bit of digging and it looks like this particular issue has been cropping up from time to time at least since last June.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd rather do some damage and lose a game then having someone cap and waste a perfectly good 5x multiplier on 200 exp game.

Sorry to hear! I wouldn't ever forfeit a win. Winning is the goal of the game to me.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

It's a connection issue; I'm managing a solid 30ish FPS right now with moderate settings. I did a bit of digging and it looks like this particular issue has been cropping up from time to time at least since last June.

I think I had this problem, during one hiccup my graphics card stopped responding. Updated that there driver and it doesn't seem to have occurred since. AMD Radeon 6870 HD card here.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I think I had this problem, during one hiccup my graphics card stopped responding. Updated that there driver and it doesn't seem to have occurred since. AMD Radeon 6870 HD card here.

My drivers are and have been up to date. It's only been an issue for the last few updates, and every other reported case I've seen of it is similar, insofar as that there is nothing wrong clientside and no clientside fixes have alleviated it. TBH at this point I'm inclined to think that either one of the 8.x updates broke something, or it's an issue specific to NA, in which case WG just doesn't give two shits about their non-Russian playerbase--and we've certainly seen that before. I seem to recall Aus/NZ players having a spurt of similar problems a few years back. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok after several games in the IS-3 i must say that... i have no idea how this pike armor works.. One time i'm fighting a VK 45.01A.
I bounce everything.
Next game i'm against a KV-3 pike pointing straight at him and he just goes through it.
Same with ST-6 literally seconds ago.
I point it straight at people.
Nope penned.
I wiggle it.
Penned.
It's as if i was driving a T29 without any gun depression.

Oh and i finally got the top gun for it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 04:31:11 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The IS-3s frontal armor is kind of bad, but it's mobile, has a good turret, great side armor, high alpha, and good pen. While the armor kind of sucks in general, if someone shoots it at a bad angle they will bounce regardless of what kind of tank they're in. Yay for great angles.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I usually angle it pretty heavily, preferable with the frontal plate behind cover and only an angled side exposed; that pike glacis is untrustworthy. Better yet, pick firing locations that don't expose you for more than the second or two it takes to stabilize and fire. Besides, with a gun like the BL-9 and decent mobility there had to be a downside of some sort.

3. Run Resize Enable

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry to hear! I wouldn't ever forfeit a win. Winning is the goal of the game to me.

Capping in Encounter takes 4 minutes for one person. Capping early is like telling the enemy that your team now has one less tank they have to worry about. And Sand River is probably one of the few maps remaining thats still suited for light tank gameplay. Going into the cap with your 3 man tier 8 light tank platoon is what will most likely lose you the game.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:09:18 pm by Chosrau »

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just started recently and having lots of fun. I have 3 tier 4s, two of which are tank destroyers and am saving up to buy the M3 Lee. I have heard bad tales of this tank. Any tips?

Also in-game name is Rocketbobcat
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:32:06 am by Erils »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Well its a big lightly armoured medium tank without a turret but a gun with some damn good DPM (Almost as much as the T-34 with the 57mm!) So pretty much find a way to get your gun firing on a target without making yourself a target. You can also use the offset gun to cover part of your hull to make yourself slightly less of a target.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 251