Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210849 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The E-100 is really good, not lacking. One of the best T10 heavies.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The E-100 is really good, not lacking. One of the best T10 heavies.

Its the Ensk-heavy.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I'm thinking of getting back into this.

Is it worth the trouble? :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking of getting back into this.

Is it worth the trouble? :V

Depends on when did you leave and why?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

A year or two (three? has it been out that long? it was in beta, is it still?) and... I just got bored? The build-up to bigger tanks was slower than I'd have liked, I remember that.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A year or two (three? has it been out that long? it was in beta, is it still?) and... I just got bored? The build-up to bigger tanks was slower than I'd have liked, I remember that.

The grind is still painful... But the good thing is that the gameplay doesnt exactly get better at the 2 highest tiers.

Give it a try, maybe you'll like the physics for example.  ;)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grinds are a bit shorter now. There are "missions" and stuff that'll shower you with credits and experience should you be decent enough to complete them (they arent hard). The gameplay isn't too much different, although the balance is better.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did a similar thing and came back about a year ago. I also forgot my account password and lost my progress, so I made an entirely new one.

From my experience, lower tiers (2-4) have a LOT of people, from new people who like to suicide to experienced people who like to play the current OP tank over and over. Mid tiers tend to be decent in gameplay and earn the most money, but tend to have complete teamwork failures. High tiers usually have the people who know what they are doing, but you can still have 0-15 games from time to time.

Also, the experience earned increases from ~200 (with a max about 1000 for a 7-10 kill game) at tier 1 or 2 to ~350 (max 1400 +) at tiers 3-6 to ~500 (max 1500 or higher, with regular 1000+ games possible) at higher tiers.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Speaking of 1000+ games, I just had one of those wonderful ones. I was in my T29 on Mountain Pass in a tier 9 match, starting at the I spawn. I held the ice path from the top of the slope for the entire game against 7-8 enemies, with the only support being the three other players that backed off farther down the path when the enemy team started pushing hard. I had the most damage in the game and took nine shots, none of which penetrated (around a third of them were hull shots, too, somehow). I laughed my ass off for that entire game because I was literally not moving at all beyond creeping up to put shells into the enemies that tried to crest. xD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of 1000+ games, I just had one of those wonderful ones. I was in my T29 on Mountain Pass in a tier 9 match, starting at the I spawn. I held the ice path from the top of the slope for the entire game against 7-8 enemies, with the only support being the three other players that backed off farther down the path when the enemy team started pushing hard. I had the most damage in the game and took nine shots, none of which penetrated (around a third of them were hull shots, too, somehow). I laughed my ass off for that entire game because I was literally not moving at all beyond creeping up to put shells into the enemies that tried to crest. xD

When I was playing the M5A1 Stuart and I'd get into tier 8 matches, there were times where I'd hide behind a rock or some kind of cover after getting the attention of a high tier enemy. It always amuses me when players stare at a corner for five minutes, and as a scout I could get like 1-3 enemy tanks to stare at my hiding place. I consider this beneficial to my team. Why? Because I'm taking their attention away from the actual damage dealing tanks on my team, as long as their concerned with me, they're basically out of the fight.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I've found that when someone's hiding behind a spot of cover, if I land shots near them even if I can't see them, they'll sometimes move away from the explosion and out of cover on the other side.

It's something I've been guilty of myself. It's difficult to feel safe with explosions going on around you and you know artillery can hit you from above if you sit still.

Does armour on a tank get weaker the more shots it absorbs? Like, if a shot penetrates or glances off the front armour does that reduce the strength if another shot lands in the same spot?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, armor doesnt degrade.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Also has anybody noticed since I think one of the hotfixes the game getting kinda derpy performance wise after say an hour of playing? I've noticed I start getting brief lockups(usually just a few couple second freeze at match load in) that get worse and worse(Randomly freezing for like 3-4 seconds once a match when the fighting starts) till I restart the game? Not really that much of an issue as long as I remember to take a break relatively often when I'm actually playing for a measurable amount of time. 

Off that note, I was reminded once again that I really must platoon more often as just derping around with clan mates (A new clan that doesn't get bitchy if I don't play hardcore mlg clam wars) caused a nice .04 winrate increase as well as pretty cool moments like a Black prince death platoon (Well two black princes and a t29) and This pretty epic bounce off a capping platoon AMX 13 75
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:11:21 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Capping when it's 4:4. Really?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I've had it worse than that today, Rilder. At least 1-2 freezes every match and periodic crashes in the garage. Fuck WG.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 251