Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211053 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If I had enough time in my hand I would have had grind to T34 too, since it is soon becoming a Premium. There's just something unique about US heavy tanks playing style that I have not had the chance to explore, because I have been focusing on USSR and German tanks.

Once I get IS-7, it will be my first ever Tier 10. :D

I guess I suit well with IS-3 because it has a hard-hitting gun, which, combined with its low profile and strong turret armour, makes it a good dueler. These traits, together with its mobility makes it game-changing. It's fun using enemy TD as a meatshield while you're shooting at his teammate!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, as long as your fine with your gun not being so awesome anymore. The S70 is great, but not because of the damage. Your going up against things with 750 damage; your 490 isn't quite that spectacular :(

Anyway, I JUST realized the T34 only has 400 damage. All this time I thought it had the same damage as the E75/IS4: 490. Wow, what a complete failure of a tank XD

I'm about to buy my T34 for the premium thing. Im 300k credits off. I have a lot of new tanks I could hop into (AMX 13 90 and T34), but I want to hold off until 7.2. Stock T34 is going to be... well, a nightmare. Minds as well just forget about using it until it gets premium'd and auto-elited.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Server down for 8 hours. During my prime time. Le sigh.

Anyway, I am getting better with AMX12t, really looking forward to AMX 13 series. :)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I earned my E-100 last night. But I dont play very often at all any more.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im 6k xp from my AMX 13 90... ugh...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Only some 15k xp to until I hit the Jtiger :D

And I haven't even started the medium French line, I'm thinking of saving up free xp and hopping straight into the 12t because all I hear about the two tanks that preceed it is horror stories :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Only some 15k xp to until I hit the Jtiger :D

And I haven't even started the medium French line, I'm thinking of saving up free xp and hopping straight into the 12t because all I hear about the two tanks that preceed it is horror stories :(
Early French tanks are slow and have terrible guns. Armour is theoretically good, but isn't in practice, since most everything you meet can outflank you with little difficulty, and almost everything that can't can ignore you because your gun is crap.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I know, I got up to the B1 in the heavy line, it's bearable at best, but the gun severly needs either an accuracy boost or a few mm's of extra penetration.
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

The B1 could definitely be better, I haven't actually had that horrible of a time in it thus far though, actually gotten a few kills in it in the few matches I've done in it.

You have to remember though that Tier 4 is pretty much the Puberty of world of tanks, where your moving from the innocence of the lower tiers and into the adult-hood of Tier 5 and beyond, its an awkward and frustrating tier for all of the nations.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It has a lot to do with the dramatic firepower difference between tier 4 and 5. In tier 4, you are roaming around with 47mm guns with the big boys using 76mm guns. In tier 5, you are roaming around with 76mms and the big boys are using 107mm and 152mm. You nearly double your firepower in one tier... unless you have a bad tier 5 for your line :P

I got the AMX 13 90. Very overpowered and worth the work. Fast, decent pen, extremely high burst damage, small, etc. Good tank.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

It's not that tier 4 is that bad and awkward (it is, just not so much for certain tanks). The problem with the frenchies is that they have the armour to shrug off lower tiers and equal tier french tanks but both their armor and firepower are meaningless when matched with most other T4 tanks. M3, Hetzer, SU-85B, T-28 are all either too armored to be penned from the front or they have guns powerful enough that they can easily two-three shot the frenchies, and in certain cases they've got both (Hetzer mainly).

Also, unlocked the JagdTiger yesterday, was a million short after I sold my Ferdi so I bought the Pershing instead, looses me money but it's quite fun to play :D
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, psh, French tier 4s? Those aren't tanks, those are armored ducks. All rules of a normal progression system are thus null and void.

Question: How is the Jagdpanther?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

If you can grind out to the long 88 it's awesome, like a much bigger and much beefier StuG, the mobility is almost the same once you have the engine and the tracks and the firepower is just awesome (never liked the 105 tho), the most fun German TD after the Stug :D
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hopefully so :) I just hope I dont find it more of the same; I did grind out the T25, which is, at least on paper, almost identical to the Jagdpanth. It just has more armor, but the gun isnt quite as impressive. I do like firepower more then armor, so hopefully the Jagd will be a keeper.

It uses a separate 88 from the Tiger I/II, right? Edit: Yep.

Holy cow, 11.32 RPM? Thats madness! I forgot how crazily superior TD's weapons were. Thats like 3RPM faster then my King Tiger, and that is a tier higher!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 04:31:55 pm by Rex_Nex »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 251