Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211043 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

French tanks are in. 18 new ones.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, but unless you have free xp to skip past the tier 3/4 tanks, you are in for a hell of a grind. They are absolutely garbage. Godlike armor, useless cannons, slower the Maus. Makes people who are trying to kill you mad, but on the flip side you are making absolutely no XP or Credits because you dont do damage. I make about 300xp, 1k credits on a win with my AMX38. Losses are more like 50xp and 400 credits.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

Yes, but unless you have free xp to skip past the tier 3/4 tanks, you are in for a hell of a grind. They are absolutely garbage. Useless armor, Godlike cannons, slower the Maus. Makes people who are trying to kill you mad, but on the flip side you are making absolutely no XP or Credits because you dont do damage. I make about 300xp, 1k credits on a win with my AMX38. Losses are more like 50xp and 400 credits.
Fix'd. And I earn roughly the same on both wins and losses.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't bother with Tier 1-4 of the French tanks. And oh the Tier V Light Tank... AMX 12t has matchmaking value similar to T-50-2, VK2801, and Chaffe, meaning it will go into battles with Tier 10 Heavies often.

ARL-44 has probably the best gun at Tier 6, though.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, but unless you have free xp to skip past the tier 3/4 tanks, you are in for a hell of a grind. They are absolutely garbage. Useless armor, Godlike cannons, slower the Maus. Makes people who are trying to kill you mad, but on the flip side you are making absolutely no XP or Credits because you dont do damage. I make about 300xp, 1k credits on a win with my AMX38. Losses are more like 50xp and 400 credits.
Fix'd. And I earn roughly the same on both wins and losses.
80 armor, 76 pen at tier 4 is equal to useless armor and a godlike cannon? :[

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

For the record, I'm in WoT as Girlinhat.  My client says "Closed Beta" on it because I hopped on WAY back when and never needed to replace my client.  That said, I'm still puttering in a grille with like no range and no piercing.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What server? US, EU, or RU?

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

80 armor, 76 pen at tier 4 is equal to useless armor and a godlike cannon? :[
[/quote]
I was actually referring to the last tier, compared to Germans, Russians and USAians. Though only armor.
The gun is pretty neat imo, with the small aiming point. Though that's pretty much only on D1 and the RenaultFt. I haven't bothered getting any higher.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well then you should of said that :P

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for the doublepost, but does anyone play still?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, just got Panther II (looking sekseh) and 50k XP and 6,5mil creds (lol) away to IS-7!

Also 10k XP away to AMX 12t. Yeah, nothing to be proud of but I just want AMX-13/90.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, neat! The Panth2 and IS7 are both good tanks. The 12t... well, I'll be honest, its horrible. But its not that bad in comparison to the AMX40. The problem with the 12t is that its as good as the other tier 5 mediums. Why is that a problem? Its not a medium. Its a light, and the MM kicks it in the ass even though it plays just like the other tier 5s and has no more firepower then them.

Sorry, I just hated my AMX12t.... damn you mm!

Current progress is... 40k XP until AMX 13 90, 500k credits until T34, 100k XP until T-54, 40k XP until Jagdpanther... oh, and 30k XP until GW Typ E. So I'm good to go for goals, the problem will be getting that... 10m (?) credits needed for all those tanks. According to my maths, at 20k credits a game, I'll need to play nonstop for over 5 days.

Le sigh
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:37:53 am by Rex_Nex »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, that's a lot of tanks to go for! I am just aiming for AMX 12t for the time being. Probably buying Sherman, but I am rather low in credits after buying Panther II. So are the French AMX 30 series good for generating cash?

To be honest, I am struggling with Panther II. I did great in Panther and while I don't enjoy Tiger II I perform better in it (average XP for both tanks are higher than Panther II). Panther II feels like a faster, bigger, beefier Tiger. I do have respect for its mobility and I intend to learn to play it properly.

As for IS-7, that's because I have great fun in IS-3. It suits my aggressive play style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

It's important to prioritize Nex, if you want the bonus premium tank you should go for the T34 first (however shit it is, think of it as an investment for the future).

That said, I'm some 30k of xp away from the Jtiger and I recently got the IS-3, need to get the tracks and maybe the engine (does 50 hp really make that much of a difference?) and after that it's a rush to the IS-4.

And I'm in dire need of cash with the KV being my only reliable source of income and I need quite a bit of tanks (KT has been waiting to be bought for almost half a year now, Pershing slightly less, Panther for a few weeks now and a few days ago I unlocked the B1).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good point Jopax, I do plan on getting the T34 first.

Buri, you will like the IS7 if you liked the IS3. Remember to keep your IS4! The IS7 is a kind of bastard mix of the IS3 and IS4; amazing frontal armor, fast, but the sides only have 150mm of flat armor and the back is even worse at 80mm in the lower plate. My only beef with mine is that it turns verrry slowly, goes up hill like any other heavy (that is to say, it shouldnt be going uphill in the first place) and has bad gun depression. Otherwise, great tank.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 251