Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211013 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

About the new camo, is there any way to move it from tank to tank?

And from the two minutes I had to look at the stuff ingame it looks pretty fugly for most of the tanks, and no adaptive camo that they were talking about :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My experiences of the 7.1 test server:
Renault 17 is fun and good. french tanks have huge ass track though that absorb lots of hits. Keep that in mind when shooting somebody's side. My personal opinion is that it's the best tier 1 by a small margin ahead of the MS-1. The gun is fast and while it's top speed is fairly low, it caps out in about a second and it can climb most hills without slowing down.

Hotchkiss H35 is a Maus compared to all around it. It's gun is not that spectacular but you can afford to bounce 5 times for every hit because you are immortal anyway. If you do CW, load it up with gold and act out your favourite Wittmann @ Villers-Bocage fantasies.

Not a fan of the D1, it's worse then the H35 in every way, weaker armor, slower, bigger and more weakpoints. Not bad by any means but disappointing after coming out of the undisputed best-of-tier.

AMX 38 is terrible. All it's guns are outclassed by the tier 1 one. Armor is nigh indestructible head on but you lack the speed, firepower and side armor to gain any mileage out of that.

D2 has a reasonable gun(although it under performs a bit against fellow frenchmen) and is both tough and durable. Not offensively bad but doesn't leave me laughing like a maniac like the S35 either. AMX 38 is rubbish, no reason to keep either.

AMX 40 is a mobile bunker. Don't let the top speed fool you, it's actually half that unless going downhill. Gun is also terrible. Bounces of everything french and even non-french stuff. Not good at HE either. Can take tons of punishment to make up for being useful. When fighting these, aim for the horseshoe full of viewports under it's turret.

B1 has very expensive modules, is a tier short on it's gun and can't use it's enormous hull weapon yet. Durable, not as slow as some comparable tanks but doesn't have the weapon to be competitive against most equal tier enemies.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

The M7 Priest feels like such a downgrade from the M37. I might feel differently once it's upgraded, but right now it feels like a slow, unmanouverable M37 with a shorter range and slower gun.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Due to recent HE chances, anything below tier 5 (except for the Grille) is crap. You will be lucky to even do damage with the SU-25, the M7 Priest (elited) only does 100-150 damage a shot to its T8 prey, etc. Low damage, high RoF derp cannons were absolutely ruined by 7.0.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the AMX 12t is a tier 5 light tank, meaning that it is matched like a t7 anything else. It's equipment however follows the pre-t5 curve of TD>Heavy>Medium>Light so in practice it's a T28 platooned into t10 matches. With it's disappointing view range, it's only purpose will be shooting the asses of fellow frenchmen, which it's not going to do with it's terrible acceleration. Get used to sitting in the base and collecting survival xp as your main means of advancement.

If being terribad meat wise wasn't enough, it also has barely any vertical traverse at all, uses a french autoloader meaning that every 6th shot takes five times as long to reload. it's turret is located on the back preventing it from shooting from behind most horizontal cover, is not tall enough to shoot over vertical cover and it's engine is located in the front so if you get shot by something that doesn't do 450 damage like a T-54, you still burn to death. If tanks were food and the H35 is an exquisite filet mignon and the AMX 38 a bowl of fresh diarrhea, this one is a pile of radioactive waste.

The BDR G1B is a KV using an american 90mm gun in lieu of it's 107. Slightly worse then the KV at everything. And gets fucked by the matchmaker all the time. Tier 5-9 is the norm. Might as well be a Tiger II with every module damaged if matchmaking is taken into account.

No derp Sherman, sniper/derp KV, sniper PzIV and T-34 this tier, just a choice between mediocre and the new worst tank in the game.

Crozarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm having a lot of fun with WoT, so far I've been using the German tanks a lot and I've gotten to learn most of the maps fairly well. My only qualm with the game however, is the Pz38H.

'Pay2Winners' use this tank in every single match and it ruins all the fun for the normal players because it is nigh invincible. As far as I can tell, it has 40mm on all sides which foils all but the luckiest of shots  and makes it a powerhouse than can pretty much charge down the middle, shrugging off anything that isn't a Arty shell.

For example, I was in a match on Mine where it boiled down to a 1v1, a Cunningham on our team and a Pz38H on the other. The Pz was on the hill, overlooking our deployment, when the Cunningham rolled up behind the Pz and put 10 37mm rounds in the side and rear, all of which did jack shit as they were either bounced or deflected off the Pz's seemingly candy hull. The Pz leisurely turned around, did a few laps around the Cunningman as a mocking maneuver, then broadsided the Cunningham.

What. The. Fuck

These players think that they're so shit hot because they get 8 kills a match and that makes them super 1337 and pro at the game. Every time I see someone rolling around the ingame chat, thinking that they're such hot shit because they have an invincible death machine, I call them out as a 'Pay2Winner' to which they invariably reply with "You're just mad because you suck at the game"

/rant
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:37:28 am by Crozarius »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I have trouble with those guys when i'm rolling around in my BT-2 with autocannon. I've learned that tracking them and firing into the fuel tanks until they blow is the best way to take em out.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, the H (the Hotchkiss) is annoyingly OP. And it was nerfed; think of how it was beforehand!

Luckily they only exist for a couple tiers and then you are on to bigger and better things. When you get a t4+ tank, beat their asses.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

I like the PzIV's upgraded turret. 'Twas me against another PzIV (stock turret) on Himmelsdorf, all we could see of each other was the turrets. We both fired 5 times, and I took no damage, while he turned into a burning wreck. Just need another 3.5k for the last 7.5cm gun, then I grind for the VK3601(H).

EDIT: Just over 30k total XP to get there.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:11:03 am by Simmura McCrea »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Just got the 105 for the T29 and it will murder your income. a AP shell costs 1k and it's not much of an upgrade from the 90mm.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is a discount going; 5x xp for first win of the day and 1/2 off all tier 1-5 tanks. I rebought the Pz4, StuG and SU-5. Love em, just not when every battle I get into is a tier 8 battle.

Just got the 105 for the T29 and it will murder your income. a AP shell costs 1k and it's not much of an upgrade from the 90mm.
You got be joking me; you go from 260 damage to 320 and from 160 pen to 198. Its a HUGE improvement. The AP shells didnt bother me; I rarely bounced and its hard to lose cash in a t7 with premmy :3

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I just sticked with the 90 mm untill I got the T32. The damage and pen boost isn't nearly big enough to justify the price since the other 1k shot guns either have well over 200 pen or have over 400 damage while the 105 has neither of that.

This bonus might get me to rush the Su-85 (just two tanks away from it) for some easy cash grabbing ^^
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 105mm for german cannons costs the same. I think it may have 10-20 more pen, but the damage is identical. The IS has to pay just as much for its 122mm rounds, too, and they only have 175 pen.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Like I said, the german 105 (the second one) has 225 pen, that makes a world of difference between being able to reliably hurt tanks of equal and higher tier, something that takes great skill and knowledge with the american 105 (plus all the extra accuracy).
The 122 on the other hand has much more alpha damage (and isn't the only gun the IS-3 can use) so the price and pen are both justified while the US 105 just doesn't cut it when it comes to these things, sure the gun is good at T7 but it falls short with an audible thud at T8 (and more horrifyingly at T9, but will be changed 'soon').
AS - IG

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PSA: don't believe the ARL 44 hype, it is an utter piece of shit.

-That megacannon with 236 pen does only 240 damage at 7.06 rof, which is 20% worse the the ZiS-6. Furthermore, it's accuracy and aiming stats are deceptive because unlike the ZiS-6, the aim ring expands to cover a quarter of the screen upon the slightest movement and it's shot curve is rubbish, leaving it very inaccurate.

-The tank itself is nominally as fast as an IS-3 but in practice this rarely holds up, mainly resembling that of an KV-3. Speaking of the KV3, that tank has half the ARL's profile, a gun that's 20% better, more armor and more hp.

-And if being crap in a vacuum wasn't enough, it's also crap in meta. WG.n was heard all th complaints about the high penetration gun and responded with a stealth nerf to "upgrade" it to counting as tier 8. You will be thrown before Pershings, King Tigers and as is often the case in tier 8-10 matches, some T30's and E100's for good measure. Yes you can pen most of those tier 8 tanks. About once on average before you are annihilated.

-Have I mentioned that the whole thing is covered in racks and flammable engine components?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 12:24:51 pm by Asehujiko »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 251