Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376732 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #20340 on: June 16, 2018, 08:27:54 am »

"Void Wanderers" is a mod I've been playing (only for a short time).

It's... Quite something, really. They somehow managed to make the mod use its own save files and everything. There's also a whole load of drastic gameplay changes. For instance, purchasing new units and equipment can only be done on your hub level - a ship your brain is stationed on. Dropping crates of free crabs, for example, is no longer possible. Only four actors - soldiers - can be brought in to each level, preventing players from fielding vast armies of skelly bois with blunderpops and spraying down enemies through sheer volume of fire.

However, with drastic gameplay changes, some tactics can become useless. For instance, purchasing new units and equipment can only be done on your hub level - a ship your brain is stationed on. Dropping crates of free crabs, for example, is no longer possible. Only four actors - soldiers - can be brought in to each level, preventing players from fielding vast armies of skelly bois with blunderpops and spraying down enemies through sheer volume of fire.

Losing several battles has taught me that I still have a lot to learn about this game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20341 on: June 16, 2018, 08:36:48 am »

"Void Wanderers" is a mod I've been playing (only for a short time).

It's... Quite something, really. They somehow managed to make the mod use its own save files and everything. There's also a whole load of drastic gameplay changes. For instance, purchasing new units and equipment can only be done on your hub level - a ship your brain is stationed on. Dropping crates of free crabs, for example, is no longer possible. Only four actors - soldiers - can be brought in to each level, preventing players from fielding vast armies of skelly bois with blunderpops and spraying down enemies through sheer volume of fire.

However, with drastic gameplay changes, some tactics can become useless. For instance, purchasing new units and equipment can only be done on your hub level - a ship your brain is stationed on. Dropping crates of free crabs, for example, is no longer possible. Only four actors - soldiers - can be brought in to each level, preventing players from fielding vast armies of skelly bois with blunderpops and spraying down enemies through sheer volume of fire.

Did you mean to write the same thing twice? ???
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20342 on: June 16, 2018, 09:00:13 am »

Yes :P

The point being that the exact same things that make the mod novel are the exact same things I'm having difficulty getting used to.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: June 16, 2018, 11:01:40 am »

Oh! I played Cortex Command! Fun times.

I also learned how to modify the break rate of things like joints and the total HP of a creature. It was fun to see how far I could get in a bunker assault with a single terminator-style indestructo-bot. I could get hit with a rocket launcher and fly into the stratosphere, only to impact hard enough to leave a crater and get back up.

Also the Star Wars mod is rad AF.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20344 on: June 16, 2018, 11:06:40 am »

Its great for some random senseless violence and crab gibs everywhere.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20345 on: June 16, 2018, 12:11:00 pm »

Gibs of all kinds. I can't think of many other games where your comrade's corpse can physically shield you from incoming fire.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: June 16, 2018, 12:12:19 pm »

The Star Wars mod adds lightsabers that will actually deflect projectiles.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20347 on: June 16, 2018, 04:36:57 pm »

Stabbed repeatedly by a punk with a switchblade(two, actually).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20348 on: June 16, 2018, 06:15:52 pm »

I found Double Toil and Double Trouble, which cut cooldowns in half and double my damage, respectively. They also cause me to take double damage each, for a grand total of x4 damage taken.

I made it to 1-3 and got two shot by Atlas the earth boss. (One hit alone did 200 damage to me out of 300 max health.)

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #20349 on: June 16, 2018, 06:52:47 pm »

A somewhat meta kind of death, and one that is more a cry of "Help me I don't know how to fix this", but I've installed so many mods that the basebuilding categories are super inflated. I mean, you have some categories that are doubled (There's Snipers, but one tech has Sniper Weapons), several techs have their own categories while others are split into individual categories (Moon Empire and Vault-Tec are the worst about this, having about fifteen different categories for the same things), etc,...

It's pretty messy and makes basebuilding fairly unpleasant.

In addition, scrolling through things like the scenario list or selecting factions seems quite irritatingly difficult due to the fact that the dropdown menu is really small, and scrolling with the mousewheel doesn't seem to work either.

It's not affecting gameplay, but it's irritating enough to kill me internally all the same.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20350 on: June 16, 2018, 08:22:11 pm »

the Yo-yo is just terrible.

But how does one shoot a yo-yo?

-------------------

I've been playing the new expansion to Splatoon 2.  The levels in this one are more objective driven than the og story mode, the original just having you get to point B while the new levels might have you tackle secondary objectives, like guiding a ball round or being restricted to a single ammo tank.

Anyways, if you fail at one of these tasks, your ammo tank/backpack detonates like a bomb and your octo kid dies a horrid (e-rated) death.  Which was bloody hilarious the first time it happened, wasn't expecting it.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20351 on: June 16, 2018, 09:08:58 pm »

the Yo-yo is just terrible.

But how does one shoot a yo-yo?

Hell if I know, and Ness doesn't seem to either since he misses with it 80% of the time.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20352 on: June 17, 2018, 06:06:33 am »

Quote from: Thread
How did you last die?
Lag.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #20353 on: June 17, 2018, 08:04:39 pm »

Just started this game, and I'm fighting the very first boss, the mist dragon.  Kain does his big dragoon jump, and I queue an attack with Cecil.  But it seems like that I was just a little bit too late, as the mist dragon dissolves into mist and becomes invulnerable.  It's not just invulnerable, whenever it gets hit in this form it does BIG HUGE counters for BIG damage, and as I had queued up Cecil's attack he got hit with big counter damage, and since you can't cancel a dragoon's jump he also actives the counter which hits both characters, killing Cecil.  I didn't purchase any phoenix downs  : (

Final Fantasy 4 DS
It's literally the very start of the game, so I don't think I need to put any spoiler tags.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20354 on: June 17, 2018, 09:15:20 pm »

They made a Final Fantasy 4?  I hope it continues the story of Terra and Locke!
:P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 1575