Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 [1300] 1301 1302 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2376632 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #19485 on: July 21, 2017, 04:50:02 pm »

Decided not to listen to the harvest sprites.  Instead, I packed up my dead grandfather's belongings and left, leaving the entire village to be demolished to make way for a theme park.  Fade to title screen.
I always like BokuMono/Harvest Moon's willingness to say, "well, you don't want to play? Fine." ^_^

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ahhhh, a PSP game. No wonder I didn't recognize the name :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19486 on: July 21, 2017, 08:41:44 pm »

I either have a problem with my version of WolfHUD, a mod conflict, or the way I've got my WolfHUD set up.

Whenever I got downed, the game would crash. Shooting, killing, reviving, all the item-finding capabilities (WolfHUD helped me find the giant toothbrush), they worked just fine. Even when I was put into Swan Song the game ran just fine. As soon as I got downed, though, the game would crash.

I still don't know what happened. It may have had something to do with callsign (which I couldn't see do anythign) being set to on, but I found it was just easier to remove the HUD and install a new one.

I must've lost at least 5-6 good heists before I decided to take the easy route.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19487 on: July 22, 2017, 03:24:14 am »

Me and a friend are trying to duo old content made for 8 people.  The game has had 2 expansions since that 8 man came out, we're only far enough to be geared for the first expansion, I am raid geared for the first expansion, my friend is late dungeon geared for the same. (even though it's old content we are waiting for a friend to catch up in story so we are gearing up while we wait  It will carry us through much of the next expansion anyway)

We just never beat that particular 8 man fight, and were getting no luck with full group queues, so we figured we were geared enough to do it solo.  I enter as DPS, Machinist.  My friend enters as Healer, Scholar.  Ifrit Extreme difficulty.

Things are going reasonably well.  Despite being a ranged dps, my defense and hp are far higher than any tank this guy was tuned for, and I do the job of 2 tanks, essentially having enough defense to ignore his tank swap mechanic.  And as as a ranged dps I can hit his adds that need to be killed before he does his wipe mechanic, without even needing to move the guy.

Last few moments of the fight, he's close to dead but one more set of instawipe adds need to be killed before it's smooth sailing.  Then over voice comms comes the last words you ever wanna hear from your healer.  "I'm out of mana".  10 seconds later, Dead.

We tried this for a good hour, each time during the last stretch we run out of mana and die.  If we had a limit break we'd be able to kill him, he's that close to death, but you need 4 party members minimum to use any kind of limit break.  We give up, defeated.

Final Fantasy 14
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19488 on: July 22, 2017, 06:31:37 am »

Aren't there, like, consumables? Are those not a thing?
Black lives matter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19489 on: July 22, 2017, 12:04:02 pm »

I do that already. I've been playing this game for quite a while.

Finland is hard because it's not always possible to get enough prestige and enough land to fight off Vikings (particularly the Jarl of Uppsala) before they're on your doorstep, and the Vikings are more than happy to attack the High Chief of Satakunta very early on.
offer vassalization and do it from the inside.
he cant convert you, and with enough troops you can undercut his own  conquest wars.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #19490 on: July 22, 2017, 05:20:36 pm »

I do that already. I've been playing this game for quite a while.

Finland is hard because it's not always possible to get enough prestige and enough land to fight off Vikings (particularly the Jarl of Uppsala) before they're on your doorstep, and the Vikings are more than happy to attack the High Chief of Satakunta very early on.
offer vassalization and do it from the inside.
he cant convert you, and with enough troops you can undercut his own  conquest wars.
Bit late for that
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19491 on: July 22, 2017, 06:09:30 pm »

Lost(well, losing when I quit, but just a matter of time) the continent to the NC, in no small part due to blatant teaming up by the VS.

On the other hand, I was on foot dodging a Harasser when they drove right onto a tank mine I had tossed several minutes earlier and had thought no longer relevant.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19492 on: July 22, 2017, 10:06:13 pm »

Aren't there, like, consumables? Are those not a thing?
I was using an ability I had that regenned everyone around's mana for 15 seconds or so but that wasn't enough.  I assume my buddy was using x-ethers but I never thought to ask.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19493 on: July 23, 2017, 09:09:37 am »

Was testing a variation of a spy balloon I made, with the main change being replacing the strategic antenna(which clears fog of war) with a particle cannon set to EMP, and making it completely self-sufficient with enough batteries and RTGs, so no fuel or materials beyond it's initial cost(<10k).

After unleashing the wrath of Zeus on an entire Onyx Watch fleet with no damage to the balloon, I set the enemy spawn filter to Godly and looked through possible opponents. Picked a Scarlet Dawn thrustercraft called "Extinction". It's basically made of guns, lasers, and nuclear attack drones. It nuked the ion cannon balloon so hard it was removed from the game completely, beyond repairing, which normally does not happen in the designer to the player's ships, probably in case the player hadn't saved the design yet. ...Luckily I did save, but made a few changes after so those were lost.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #19494 on: July 24, 2017, 04:59:22 am »

I'm a space janitor, going around cleaning up things.  Mostly bloody footprints, with the occasional vomit.  I also clear up arrivals of all the crap on the ground and put the things that were in the emergency closets back into the closets.  Get rid of all the anti-security graffiti written on their front door in blue crayon.  And I chat with the bartender.

While this is going on apparently all hell is breaking loose.  The station is rocked by multiple explosions.  I got around most of the central bits of the station (and a couple places I snuck in to clean, heh), and I never found the damaged bits.  People were freaking out tho, and some of the blasts were quite loud.  Gravity flashes on and off.  A couple people over the radio are screaming about how the station is under attack by "morphers".  The only real response they get is people disagreeing and saying its changelings, while some other people make memes about how we're under attack by the power rangers.  At one point I discover a dead facehugger on the ground; after a brief radio exchange with the science department I end up tossing it in the trash.  The AI tells us that the station now belongs to the borgs and if we leave in peace we will not be harmed, but anyone who chooses to remain on the station will be killed.  The emergency shuttle is called but i still have a job to do; I sneak into medical when the door is open and start sanitizing the blood on the floor.  My attempt to reach the shuttle at the last minute is delayed because I don't know where it is, and because there's a huge chunk of the station with no oxygen in between me and escape.  None-the-less I manage to reach the shuttle with 7 seconds left... but the door doesn't open.  For some reason the other door works, but I don't have time to reach it and end up rushing back to the same door that didn't open before.  I'm trapped in the airlock, and the last thing I hear is the Chef saying "thanks asshole" as we both float out into space.

As a ghost I discover that shit has truly hit the fan.  The syndicate have some kind of mech running around, security have their own mech and are trying to battle it but aren't doing damage.  Buttons the clown is missing an arm, but he's got a welding mask on and is repairing the security mech.  He gets gibbed somehow, I presume from the enemy mech, and the few remaining humans onboard immediately begin grieving over the radio.  Meanwhile, a maintenance cyborg is trying to rally the other borgs to defend the station from invaders, all the while threatening the remaining crew.  I have no idea why security was insane enough to stay behind, but, well.  They did not survive.

Oh, and the morphers were changelings.  The admins renamed them.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19495 on: July 24, 2017, 04:48:21 pm »

After a long while of trying to figure out why my roll thrusters and ailerons were acting strange, I realized I was building my plane sideways. >_<

Also, I have discovered the love that is PID controllers.

I'm a space janitor, going around cleaning up things.

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19496 on: July 25, 2017, 12:10:13 am »

The worldwide "Whoops we're sorry Go Fest was a disaster" event has actually been amazing so far. I've hatched two Larvitars, my first two Laprases, my first Aerodactyl, my first Mareep, a Dratini, and two Porygons, all with double candy. The double stardust means I'm able to power up several new attackers (including my new Tyranitar), and the double experience has netted me about 650k experience from evolution sprees (from level 32 to over halfway to level 34).

I'm pretty sure I've walked at least 20km in the past 48 hours to make the most of the bonuses before they ended tonight at 8pm. I pretty much hit my limit. It hurts to stand. It hurts to move.

Except they just announced the event has been extended another 72 hours until Thursday.

Oh sorry, this was how I'm going to die.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:03:10 am by DeKaFu »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #19497 on: July 26, 2017, 11:03:51 am »

I accidentally pressed Q while riding my horse in the Colovian Highlands. The game did not like this and self-destructed.

As fun as it is, this is absolutely the least stable Bethesda game I've played.

TESIV: Oblivion.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19498 on: July 26, 2017, 07:17:32 pm »

oblivion is my favorite tes game for atmosphere though.

Morrowind was great and skyrim was [finger]good[/finger] for what it was, but absolutely the story and general atmosphere isnt oblivion.

daggerfall was neat, but before my time
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19499 on: July 26, 2017, 07:54:03 pm »

Why does everyone seem to hate skyrim so bad
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 1298 1299 [1300] 1301 1302 ... 1575