Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369689 times)

blazing glory

Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16230 on: January 16, 2016, 07:21:56 pm »

I had am having a bad time.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:24:19 pm by blazing glory »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16231 on: January 16, 2016, 07:32:39 pm »

I believe that the mech needs a special part/module to be shut down remotely. Or maybe just appear on the console... Either way, if it was made by a rogue Captain, then I wouldn't be surprised if they dealt with that solution ahead of time.
Yup, and those parts use an equipment slot so nobody ever uses them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16232 on: January 16, 2016, 10:24:12 pm »

Fighting Ness as Cloud! Fun stuff. And, like, the fourth separate time I've fought Ness when it's set to Random. Huh.
I know for a fact it's possible to sidesmash Ness out of his up if (when, really) the CPU uses it onstage, but Cloud's sidesmash and Falco's sidesmash have different timings so I got hit. A bunch. And then got hit again, and died. And then I actually fell for the PK Flash while I was recovering, and died again.
it's all good because i kicked his ass later

SSB4
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16233 on: January 16, 2016, 10:56:00 pm »

Playing Planetside 2. Repeatedly.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16234 on: January 17, 2016, 04:46:04 pm »

For the love of all that is balanced, I can hardly fight level 10 capitol ships, why is there a level 60 double-skull capitol ship out here in the middle of nowhere?! I thought the Thors were bad (over a dozen fighter drones per ship), but now that I've seen a Zeus, I am scared.
Omnidirectional lasers like those round saucer-ships from the other faction, long range seeker missiles that WILL track you down, and two VERY strong drones with more health than most of my fleet put together. When it was joined by a 1-skull freighter and a 2-skull probe, I was already down to my last 3 ships. Where did this thing come from?

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

blazing glory

« Reply #16235 on: January 17, 2016, 09:32:01 pm »

Crashed the server for the third fourth time trying to dock my mining ship and station.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:05:15 pm by blazing glory »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16236 on: January 17, 2016, 09:53:10 pm »

Decided getting into Dark Souls PVP was a good idea.

it was not

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16237 on: January 17, 2016, 10:00:20 pm »

Was there one guy who was basically naked and dodged circles around you? I've heard that's a common PvP build.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16238 on: January 17, 2016, 10:24:22 pm »

Decided getting into Dark Souls PVP was a good idea.

it was not

Its a bad time.

A good time would be years closer to the original release date.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16239 on: January 17, 2016, 10:24:48 pm »

Was there one guy who was basically naked and dodged circles around you? I've heard that's a common PvP build.

Yep. Presumably being naked means he doesn't have to invest levels in endurance and can instead pump vitality and dex or whatnot while remaining lower-level. That dude one-shotted me with a bullshit backstab[The animation was him stabbing empty air where I'd BEEN] and most everyone else were varying degrees of munchkin. The less optimized builds often had summons with them and double teamed me. That said, I had fun against the very few people I WAS well-matched with and I did manage to kill one munchkin when they rolled off a cliff. Lesson learned, stick to invading people who aren't using dedicated PVP builds and are just playing the game like me.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #16240 on: January 17, 2016, 10:32:35 pm »

Actually, the naked-ness just means they aren't weighed down by armor at all, and thus have the fastest possible speed.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16241 on: January 17, 2016, 11:29:38 pm »

It'd be both. But yeah, this late into the game's life most people have stopped playing for various reasons (a big one being that DS2 exists, which also pretty much completely fixes bullshit backstabs by making them similar to parries with a quick animation that has to hit for the backstab to happen, instead of the automatic thing 1 had going on) and pretty much everybody left is either going to be pretty good or cheesing (or both).

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16242 on: January 18, 2016, 02:08:23 am »

Decided to back up my save and do something stupid and test out my newly tricked out battlecar against a road blockade.  The modified SUV did quite well, hardly a scratch on the paint far as I could tell.  A full covering of military composite, reinforced glass, armored wheels and a relocated engine block seems to do wonders.  And the two mounted guns ripped one of the blockade turrets to shreds.

It however does not seem to do a very good job of protecting >me< and I got filled with holes.

Cataclysm DDA
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

blazing glory

« Reply #16243 on: January 18, 2016, 06:12:47 am »

It however does not seem to do a very good job of protecting >me< and I got filled with holes.

Cataclysm DDA
Yeah, a quirk about vehicles that I've noticed is that bullets WILL go past one tile of impassable wall, thus tearing you to shreds, (I've tested this by trying to push a wall of steel towards turrets.) but, if there's ANYTHING between you and the wall that the bullet is hitting, be it another wall, thin air, or some person, you're safe.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16244 on: January 19, 2016, 08:43:47 am »

Not a death, but I have now spent over an hour's worth of time failing at something that should work half the time.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 1081 1082 [1083] 1084 1085 ... 1574