Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369987 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #16185 on: January 09, 2016, 06:47:08 pm »

Not entirely sure because it happened so fast, but I think a giant owl crashed into me.
Game?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16186 on: January 09, 2016, 07:35:08 pm »

Came up against an agent.  A fleet of user created ships that are AI controlled.  I went with my usual plan of charge into them, ram them and fire all the things.

The agent's ship seems to have been roughly 90% armor spike.  So basically a massive spike wall with a rocket engine.  I might as well have flown into a woodchipper.  My ship simply ceased to exist.

(I have since modified a few of my ships with armor spikes, if is fun flying through meteors if they didn't exist)

Reassembly
Yeah, armor spikes are the best. Just wait until you get nukes, though...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16187 on: January 09, 2016, 08:32:35 pm »

A centrifuge smacked me in the back of the head. Oh, and said centrifuge is apparently what powers an artificial gravity well capable of hauling the better part of an entire planet around.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16188 on: January 09, 2016, 08:36:37 pm »

As one would expect, seemingly-abandoned buildings with a fresh corpse outside accompanied by a recording of the tape's owner being murdered, followed by shuffling noises and growling coming from above your head in the basement, are usually not abandoned. This was one of those buildings.
Turns out Savage Deathclaws are even more difficult to kill than regular ones, especially in an enclosed environment, and my Power Armor only kept me alive for a rather short time. Even with a shit ton of Yakety Sax.
Fallout 4, specifically at
if you don't like surprises.
Black lives matter.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16189 on: January 09, 2016, 11:10:25 pm »

I did quite well up to this point, I never lost more than 1 or 2 soldiers in any shootout, even did something close to tactics!

... But none of that prepared me for the terror mission...

I was doing well in this mission too, until I ran into Chryssalids. They also had with them around 4 zombies... That also turned into Chryssalids.

They then proceeded to take out all of my well trained soldiers who were literally the best guys in the whole base... So yeah.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16190 on: January 09, 2016, 11:45:07 pm »

Did you start long war without playing vanilla first?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16191 on: January 09, 2016, 11:47:17 pm »

Heh, I've had that issue myself, and I've finished the vanilla game twice.  Early on, it's all too often a coin-flip whether I end up retreating from the first terror mission or not (the most amusing for me personally being when I accidentally triggered three packs of Chryssalids on my second turn and my soldiers just "noped" out). 

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16192 on: January 10, 2016, 12:40:51 am »

As one would expect, seemingly-abandoned buildings with a fresh corpse outside accompanied by a recording of the tape's owner being murdered, followed by shuffling noises and growling coming from above your head in the basement, are usually not abandoned. This was one of those buildings.
Turns out Savage Deathclaws are even more difficult to kill than regular ones, especially in an enclosed environment, and my Power Armor only kept me alive for a rather short time. Even with a shit ton of Yakety Sax.
Fallout 4, specifically at
if you don't like surprises.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16193 on: January 10, 2016, 01:06:22 am »

Heh, I've had that issue myself, and I've finished the vanilla game twice.  Early on, it's all too often a coin-flip whether I end up retreating from the first terror mission or not (the most amusing for me personally being when I accidentally triggered three packs of Chryssalids on my second turn and my soldiers just "noped" out).

You were able to leave the terror mission?

I never got the option, for some reason :/

Did you start long war without playing vanilla first?

I played vanilla, never got around to really finishing it though (i.e Repetition, lack of Enemy Within content etc.) but was at a point where I could confidently complete Classic.

Long War is like impossible on steroids it seems, because I went from slaughtering many aliens, to getting my entire squad slaughtered within about a half hour :/

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16194 on: January 10, 2016, 01:09:00 am »

I don't think it produces a popup or anything, you just have to move your units back to the landing zone and abort.  Those not in the zone, are lost...

And yeah, Long War is simply very difficult, despite what people say.  It gives you more tools but gives the enemy even more, and makes them scale far more dangerously.  Not to mention the missions you're not supposed to win (early supply ships).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16195 on: January 10, 2016, 01:21:47 am »

I don't think it produces a popup or anything, you just have to move your units back to the landing zone and abort.  Those not in the zone, are lost...

And yeah, Long War is simply very difficult, despite what people say.  It gives you more tools but gives the enemy even more, and makes them scale far more dangerously.  Not to mention the missions you're not supposed to win (early supply ships).

I knew about the evac, but never knew about being able to evac during a terror mission, it never had the rectangle of the evac zone show up for me on any of them :/

And I actually do have a lot of fun with the difficulty of it, it's more fun than the original, tbh, because it has challenge in the late game, as well as majorly in the early game.

But man, losing always sucks, but losing is half the battle. In Xcom anyway.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16196 on: January 10, 2016, 03:16:14 am »

There's a glitch where the evac zone doesn't appear and you have to reload to see it.  Killed my very first run of the game :/
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16197 on: January 10, 2016, 10:11:49 am »

Got too close to this... thing attached to a wall. I think it was a guy, but it kept shooting out babies. Babies that had a tentacle that shoot needles at me. The daddy part also had tentacles. I got too close. One tentacle slapped my head clean off in one hit.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16198 on: January 10, 2016, 11:39:16 am »

I guess this is the right thread for this, since I went down fighting.

Committed fatal, deliberate malpractice on two of my extremely annoying patients (the graphic details of which I should, in hindsight, spare); both of them I nailed with the hypospray full of chloral and gutted them in under a minute. Got found out by the HoP when he decided to go poking around my little lair of murder, so I had to hit him with the hypo too.  He didn't go down, though, so I ended up getting every person in medical chasing me around; hit two people with a fire extinguisher full of polyacid and melted their faces off; ended up going down after a cyborg stunned me, and one of the surviving pursuers took my extinguisher and melted my face with it. Hoist by my own petard, darn. At least I died with a kill count to my name.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:42:53 am by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16199 on: January 10, 2016, 02:26:33 pm »

There's a glitch where the evac zone doesn't appear and you have to reload to see it.  Killed my very first run of the game :/

Dammit, so I lost my squad of badasses for nothing :/

And I saved over that save... Well, I suppose it makes a cool story to tell.
Pages: 1 ... 1078 1079 [1080] 1081 1082 ... 1574