Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372558 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15645 on: October 18, 2015, 09:03:32 pm »

Kicked my way into Assassin Asha's room, lodged grievances with my shotgun.
Was rather out of practice, though, and caught one plasma beam too many to the face.  Nanofield failed, semi-instant death.

... Fortunately I'd backed myself up at the 1-use revival unit nearby.  Despite his nanofield being a sliver away from failing, he was full of bravado as ever upon my return.  My second and last kill.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15646 on: October 18, 2015, 09:32:23 pm »

After biding by time doing courier jobs and robot RTS missions and others, i gathered enough capital to invest in a good 900 hull ship with 4 weapon slots and no repair drone slot. Good trade off, me thinks. Decided to load up and go do some pirate hunting for the meloqs. Grabbed some missile launchers and went hunting, target was in a small pirate system. Jumped in and found the target, began firing missiles at max range. 400 pirate ships launch from the only planet in the system to come defend him. My family received 10,000 cr for my death.

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15647 on: October 18, 2015, 09:48:38 pm »

Kicked my way into Assassin Asha's room, lodged grievances with my shotgun.
Was rather out of practice, though, and caught one plasma beam too many to the face.  Nanofield failed, semi-instant death.

... Fortunately I'd backed myself up at the 1-use revival unit nearby.  Despite his nanofield being a sliver away from failing, he was full of bravado as ever upon my return.  My second and last kill.

There's another checkpoint somewhere else in the level. Granted, it takes a very specific build to be able to pull it off, but it's funny as hell.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15648 on: October 18, 2015, 10:09:02 pm »

Some kid and his grandpa was going around collecting adamantine out of some meteorites.  Despite them having a giant flying ostrich for transportation I need to follow them around in my flying boat to protect them from monsters at the meteorites.

I have been to every one of these meteorites before and didn't see so much as a goblin, and it seems that mr godengineer and his mini-me show up all manner of death wants to eat them.   I tried to save the two of them from a group of 6 sentient floating explosives and died horribly since they hit me for over twice my hp and seem to revive eachother every time I kill one.  If there is some kind of special mechanic to this fight I don't know what it is.

Final Fantasy 5

(I did end up eventually beating the fight, thanks to spamming phoenix downs and killing them so many times they all ran out of MP to use their resurrect spell.  I doubt that was the intended method.)
The mute spell.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15649 on: October 19, 2015, 04:26:50 pm »

Trying to do missile strafing runs on boats in a narrow space. Forgot my jet can also hover. Couldn't pull away from the canyon.

Some kid and his grandpa was going around collecting adamantine out of some meteorites.  Despite them having a giant flying ostrich for transportation I need to follow them around in my flying boat to protect them from monsters at the meteorites.

I have been to every one of these meteorites before and didn't see so much as a goblin, and it seems that mr godengineer and his mini-me show up all manner of death wants to eat them.   I tried to save the two of them from a group of 6 sentient floating explosives and died horribly since they hit me for over twice my hp and seem to revive eachother every time I kill one.  If there is some kind of special mechanic to this fight I don't know what it is.

Final Fantasy 5

(I did end up eventually beating the fight, thanks to spamming phoenix downs and killing them so many times they all ran out of MP to use their resurrect spell.  I doubt that was the intended method.)
The mute spell.

If I remember correctly, you get Titan beforehand, and I think they're weak to Earth. Spam-summon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #15650 on: October 20, 2015, 06:08:35 am »

Wraith sniper on top of a building. 6 shots, zero misses, 6 dead soldiers, all of which were in cover and had the best armor available.  It's the first (living) wraith I'd encountered, so I'm not sure if they are just overpowered or if that was just a streak of incredibly horrible luck.

To make it worse, I lost all my soldiers so I lost all my equipment, and I had zero cash to build more - in fact I was counting on the money from that downed UFO to keep me afloat since my income was lower than my expenses

The thought of restarting and slogging through all the tedious and boring battles to get back to where I was is just.... bleh. Does not help there's only like 3 maps per tileset and they all play out the same because 90% of the aliens just hide in the UFO every time.

I guess it's my own fault for picking ironman, but damn I was not expecting anything like that sniper..... and at the absolute worst possible time too.

Xenonauts.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15651 on: October 20, 2015, 10:27:40 am »

I was minding my own business, just hopping over rooftops and such heading toward a viewpoint. A guard spotted me and started to give chase, but he didn't have a chance of catching me, so I just kept running and climbed the tower. I synchronized and got a nice view of the city, but right as I was about to exit the panoramic, a rock came out of nowhere, hit Ezio in the face, and sent him ragdolling all the way down to the street.

Desynchronized with one hit. Rocks are overpowered.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15652 on: October 20, 2015, 12:05:51 pm »

Took out a guard post with Quiet. Interrogated all the guards there for information on where a prisoner was located, then Fulton extracted them. Was a bit of a challenge since they all had helmets, but we got the job done cleanly. I then had her scout the nearby palace where the prisoner was, and I started to sneak in. I am sneaking up to choke an isolated guard, when Quiet finishes her scouting. I am almost in position to choke the guard, when suddenly a dart pings off his helmet, and everyone goes on alert. There were multiple walkers around the place, multiple mortars, and a shitload of guards, all with riot gear or helmets. On my side I had one sniper with a silenced tranq rifle, my own silenced tranq rifle, a tranq pistol, and a silenced assault rifle with an underbarrel grenade launcher. Eventually I ran out of grenades, Quiet had her position bombarded with mortars and missiles, and I lost any ability to actually harm most of the enemies.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15653 on: October 20, 2015, 01:14:03 pm »

Final Fantasy 5

The mute spell.

If I remember correctly, you get Titan beforehand, and I think they're weak to Earth. Spam-summon.
[/quote]

Or you can sap their MP reserves because at best each 'bomb' can cast Life2 about twice.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15654 on: October 20, 2015, 02:06:06 pm »

Rocks are overpowered.
For someone who shrugs off getting cleaved with a big fuckoff axe, Ezio is a huge bitch when it comes to getting hit by rocks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15655 on: October 20, 2015, 03:04:51 pm »

Rocks are overpowered.
For someone who shrugs off getting cleaved with a big fuckoff axe, Ezio is a huge bitch when it comes to getting hit by rocks.
I have a feeling he's really quite bad at rock-paper-scissors.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15656 on: October 20, 2015, 06:08:11 pm »

I'm sick of Unity's default FPS character prefab. I just want to walk around an environment and see how it feels, I don't need FOV kick and head bob and motion blur and curve-based jump physics and whatever other bullshit it features. So, I set out to create my own simpler, more elegant solution.

Then I fell off the plane I was using as an "environment". Depth perception is hard without visual clues.

Unity game engine. I... actually haven't been playing games all that much lately. It feels very weird.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15657 on: October 20, 2015, 08:08:30 pm »

when something can 1shot you through a block its probably a sign you shouldnt be there.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15658 on: October 20, 2015, 08:15:15 pm »

Rocks are overpowered.

Ezio was made of scissors all along...
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #15659 on: October 20, 2015, 08:22:27 pm »

Rocks are overpowered.
Ezio was made of scissors all along...
... Which is exactly why he has two (hidden) blades! It all makes sense now...
Pages: 1 ... 1042 1043 [1044] 1045 1046 ... 1575