Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372125 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #15570 on: October 09, 2015, 08:56:09 am »

ARMA for me is about murdering my PC with huge wars and scripting stuff so it looks like a war movie. Sometimes playing with friends, though only if there's like organized scenario. Random ones are meh.
Also screwing around with Wh40k mods and laughing at the puny T-90s and M1s trying to do anything to my huge driving fortress that's spewing fire everywhere around.
EET EESS TEEEH BEEEIINBLEEEIDD!
I JUST CHOKED
THERE'S A FUCKING WH40K MOD FOR ARMA 2!?
Apparently. I recently came across footage of a Baneblade versus dozens of AI tanks. It's ridiculous; a Baneblade is, as Kot stated, supposed to be basically a fortress on treads. It's big and heavy and loaded with guns, including a main battle cannon that fires massive shells.

NOT IN ARMA2. In ArmA2, a Baneblade can turn on a dime while outracing lighter vehicles, flinging them into the air on collision, with a main gun that acts more like a machine gun than a big-ass cannon. I couldn't get past more than a minute of the footage because of that. About the only thing that matched canon was the tank's nigh-indestructibility.
It is. While Baneblade is quite fast for something it's size (25 fucking km/h), and turns pretty well (except it still takes time, as it's simply bigger), the one in Arma 2 is basically remodelled T-90 with shitton of guns and invincibilty, which is meh. I seen some sweet models (as in, insanely accurate and detailed, also all working) for Arma III somewhere on Dakka or similar WH40k themed forum, but I haven't managed to find it again, sadly.
Also, I would say that the first OPF:WH40k mod is better but thanks to engine limitations they never managed to get multi-turreted vehicles working which is a fucking shame.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15571 on: October 09, 2015, 09:04:05 am »

Black lives matter.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15572 on: October 09, 2015, 09:23:42 am »

Well.....shit. Didn't see my 3rd son plotting to murder me in my sleep because he had all the votes. Hell, even I voted for him. The dangers of raising my kids to be too good at !POLITICS!.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15573 on: October 09, 2015, 09:45:29 am »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15574 on: October 09, 2015, 09:54:45 am »

Thanks for the writeup, reminds me of Wardell's dev diaries!
And funny to see that frustrating surrender mechanic actually work in the player's favor for once.  If only just.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15575 on: October 09, 2015, 10:05:37 am »

Thanks for the writeup, reminds me of Wardell's dev diaries!
And funny to see that frustrating surrender mechanic actually work in the player's favor for once.  If only just.

No worries man!

And yeah, if I'd had a bit more time to squash the Rhinellan-Arcean fleets before the Arceans won, I'm pretty sure I could have begun to overtake them.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15576 on: October 09, 2015, 01:35:57 pm »

Are there any Tau-related mods, for ARMA 2? That'd be something I'm interested in.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15577 on: October 09, 2015, 03:25:30 pm »

NK. That is all I can say about that.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #15578 on: October 09, 2015, 04:18:42 pm »

After the world's most uneventful urban siege (friendly shots fired: a dozen or so, mission length: ten minutes), the objective of the next mission is... drive around and talk to people, asking for directions. Occasionally kick your squad out of the HMMWV because one of them has stolen the driver's seat.

So I tried out a mission from the "Scenarios" window, and the game finally started to get fun. The AI commander can apparently see enemies through walls, but there actually were enemies in this mission, which is a milestone for this game.

Moving through a town, I got separated from the squad and stumbled around a corner into an enemy officer. He promptly perforated me with bullets.

ARMA 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15579 on: October 09, 2015, 05:36:40 pm »

I was out for a leisurely flight when i decided to take little cruise through the castle, one of the local sea serpents also decided to visit the castle.

Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #15580 on: October 09, 2015, 08:05:59 pm »

Not really a death, but if I didn't have save-states I woulda died a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago, and even WITH save-states I took 2 penalties.
Also I'm stuck.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #15581 on: October 10, 2015, 04:01:50 pm »

Through a stroke of incredible fortune, I was able to defend my front-line island city from the invading force of Mae the Mariner by seducing her in the middle of the battle (not a particularly likely feat, but I lucked out.) In this game, if you charm a creature (hero or otherwise) they join you on the world map after the battle. Celebrating my unexpected victory and valuable new general, I set about couriering her some equipment from my other generals, including the Frost Wyvern being used by a different hero. While he was riding it. Over the ocean.

The goblin hero promptly drowned. Even worse, he was mission critical, so it was an instant fail. Even WORSE? The game friggin AUTOSAVED AFTER I HAD LOST. I have to start the whole scenario over again.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15582 on: October 10, 2015, 04:25:18 pm »

Huh!  In Age of Wonders 2, I'm pretty sure generals were immune to conversion effects.  Interesting change.
(Conversion was still very powerful, though very hit-or-miss)

Mine...  Some jerk spotted my shoulder around some concrete barrier.  I probably could have leapt back and delivered a tranquilizer to his face, but I was in Perfect Stealth mode so no bullet time.
FISSION MAILED

Edit:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #15583 on: October 10, 2015, 05:05:51 pm »

Huh!  In Age of Wonders 2, I'm pretty sure generals were immune to conversion effects.  Interesting change.
(Conversion was still very powerful, though very hit-or-miss)

Mine...  Some jerk spotted my shoulder around some concrete barrier.  I probably could have leapt back and delivered a tranquilizer to his face, but I was in Perfect Stealth mode so no bullet time.
FISSION MAILED

Edit:

I think it's just the faction leaders that have that immunity; regular heroes are fair game, assuming they don't have one of the many sources of mind control immunity available to them.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15584 on: October 10, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »

Is seduction really mind control though?

Btw, I've never played this game before.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1575