Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 950 951 [952] 953 954 ... 1574

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2369326 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #14265 on: April 03, 2015, 06:18:25 pm »

I didn't die, but playing the Song of Time when there's a total of 36 seconds (and that's minuscule Majora's Mask seconds, not real seconds, mind you) is damned scary. I'm not specifically saying the name of the game in order to provoke meteors.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14266 on: April 03, 2015, 09:30:35 pm »

In order to pass time to abuse the advantages of my Coprus, I start training my skills in Balmora's Mages' Guild. Every so often, I cast my Almalexia's Light once-a-day power to restore my attributes - keeping my Strength/Endurance gains. I get my skills up to a respectable level, I now have a ~50% chance to cast a standard Levitate spell and it only blows nearly all my Magicka. I even have a level-up ready, so I head to a nearby bed. Halfway between Ajira(who was training my Conjuration and Alchemy) and the bed, the game crashes.
 >:(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Remember to save your game at least once every 20 seconds or so. :P

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #14267 on: April 03, 2015, 10:47:29 pm »

In fact, just bind quicksave and quickload to F1 and F2.
In Deus Ex I actually bound them to Q and E.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #14268 on: April 04, 2015, 12:50:08 am »

I played Risk of Rain for the first time. On the hardest difficulty. With keyboard controls. I died within 5 minutes. I played Risk of Rain again anther thirty or so times. I died another 30 or so times.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14269 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:09 am »

Urgh, after playing DRPG, switching over to Hideous Destructor is absolutely brutal. I'm still fresh out of boot camp so getting used to the new pace will take some time.

I died 6 times on the first level, twice by bleeding to death, and another three times getting surprised while swapping mags. And one by blowing myself up with my own grenade.

Still great fun though.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:14:55 am by Blaze »

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14270 on: April 04, 2015, 03:56:54 am »

grrrrr!

No, Pergamon, I am NOT helping you take Salamis, I am taking it for MYSELF, and I told you to attack SYRIA, and you are getting too big for my liking anyway.

I (Macedon) have a 18-unit army, my biggest & meanest, that's just landed on the shores of Cyprus. Pergamon, my longtime ally, double-times a beaten-up 4-unit navy directly at the city of Salamis, thus automatically enlisting my help to take the settlement. I know from previous shenanigans that if you park your army at the edge of the battlefield, wait for your "ally" to get his army murdered, and then swoop in to deal with the defenders, you will take the settlement for your ally – so, I sit there, let Pergamon's bullshit navy die on Seleucid spears, then walk away. "Crushing defeat!" And THEN my army is driven out into the sea, that's right, it evaporates.

Rome 2 Total War; this part is quite annoying.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14271 on: April 04, 2015, 11:27:13 am »

I was Domas Riftcopper, a member of the local Fortress Guard, an axedwarf stationed on the border between us, the Humans, and the Elves. I set out with a goal in mind; wipe out as much of the prick-eared bastards I could. I set out, and while traveling across the mountains, I met a young dwarfette with an axe, Domas Syruplove. She told me she was heading to some other fort looking for work. I offered her to join me on my quest to kill the elves. She happily agreed.

While traveling through some Human lands, I did a surprise decapitation of a wolverine, while my new partner tore through several flocks of keas. Certainly, she and I of were one mind. We stopped a few nights in some human villages, before picking our way to an elven forest retreat. I climbed one of their treehouses, before declaring my war in the least misunderstandable method possible: kneecapping a little elf girl with my axe. ...Then I broke the other leg. Then her friend, a young elf boy punched me, and I responded by chopping off his arm, then his head. ...Then I caved in the girl's lungs with my axe. Then I crippled another child, before tossing him off the tree's edge. Syruplove almost got killed when another child broke her fingernail. Then I declared myself the owner of the site, which had some unusual responses. I got spit on, someone yelled they didn't care. One person yelled "Murderer! You killed Riflas <somethingorother>! You are lord!".

After killing all the elves in this area, I went to another one to kill some more. Then the game crashed.

In fact, just bind quicksave and quickload to F1 and F2.
In Deus Ex I actually bound them to Q and E.

Nah, too close, I might accidentally hit quicksave when I meant quickload. Or one of those two when I have my badass swords Trueflame and Hopesfire keyed to 1 and 2.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14272 on: April 05, 2015, 03:57:03 pm »

I forgot how hard the Plagas hit. I've upgraded my health at every opportunity, but one hit still takes a little more than half my health. And there's no room to dodge inside the cabin, and Luis always aims for the head, and I only have so many flash grenades...

Also, I just found out that the game crashes if you try to get on the lift when the lift isn't actually there.

Resident Evil 4.
Shotgun good. And headshots aren't what make plagas happen - they happen at random if you kill someone with anything except fire, explosions, fall damage, or melee attacks. They just make the victim's head explode anyway. You can spawn a plaga by knifing a guy's legs.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14273 on: April 05, 2015, 04:35:34 pm »

Shotgun good. And headshots aren't what make plagas happen - they happen at random if you kill someone with anything except fire, explosions, fall damage, or melee attacks. They just make the victim's head explode anyway. You can spawn a plaga by knifing a guy's legs.
Hmmm?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14274 on: April 05, 2015, 05:24:02 pm »

By melee I meant quicktime events.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14275 on: April 05, 2015, 05:30:31 pm »

You mean like the roundhouse kicks and stuff? Pretty sure the plagas can spawn from those as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ComatosePhoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14276 on: April 05, 2015, 06:20:02 pm »

Stabbing boss nass with a lightsaber will give you a basic game over for being evil. But throwing a Thermal detonator in the throne room will make the guards throw thermal detonators Repetitively at you killing everyone in the room and sometimes crashing the game.

star wars episode 1 phantom menace psone version.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14277 on: April 05, 2015, 11:58:18 pm »

Not quite a death but a somewhat embarrassing surprise tie when it should have been a no brainer.

Playing against the Skaven as lizardmen.  I have been almost literally creaming the skaven the whole match.  While I was having trouble getting the ball myself (only 3 team members on yer team capable of reliably picking up the ball will do that.) Every rat who picked up the ball got wrecked next turn.  Not only that but even the Skaven linebackers were no match 1v1 against my saurian, let alone my Krox. It's the last 2 turns of the match, I'm kicking the ball to the skaven who only have 6 players remaining able to play.  The skaven started the game with 13 players but my lizard's strength superiority pretty much turned most of their team inside out.  Even managed to outright kill 2 of them.

Skaven get the ball and set up one last play. on my turn my scrimmage takes out the entire skaven scrimmage line in the first 3 moves(1 more casualty to the list to boot). I send my skinks after their one remaining catcher and my side saurians with noone left to maim start rushing the at the passer. Last turn for the rats, I think it's over.

Nope, the Skaven passer throws one last long bomb down the field, my best catcher skink fails to intercept despite being in perfect location to do so and the Skaven catcher successfully catches the ball, despite 3 skinks with tackle zones all over him.  And then to top it all the scaven catcher dodges ALL OF THEM, and runs into the endzone for a tying touchdown on the last turn of the game.

Perhaps as punishment for allowing it to happen, despite not losing the match my team loses one star of fame for that poor final display.

Blood Bowl Chaos Edition
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:04:44 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14278 on: April 06, 2015, 01:30:15 am »

*Snip*

Done that in tabletop :) The look on my opponent's face, especially as it involved him blitzing my sidestepping runner just into range in his previous turn. And that tie got me into semis... I tended to play high risk, high reward with skavs, sadly it meant in the finals of that tourney I got to get wizzie and two star players by inducements to even out ratings. But during the tourney, my linerats got impressive array of skills and runners got some kills each in addition to their goals (all had at some point blodge+ some skill).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14279 on: April 06, 2015, 07:35:46 am »

The foe's Miltank uses Rollout!

It's super-effective!

Quilava has fainted!

Akura is out of usable Pokemon...

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 950 951 [952] 953 954 ... 1574