Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371388 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #13650 on: January 06, 2015, 02:51:40 am »

Also, you do get warned by Luke Skywalker to be careful when you take too many dark side powers... Not that it actually affects anything...
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

applesauce machine

• Bay Watcher
  • 2011 Memory Ln.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13651 on: January 06, 2015, 03:12:47 am »

I died in Binding of Isaac: Rebirth at the final final final floor (cathedral specifically). I was doing fine; up until that point, I hadn't had any "oh shit am I going to die" moments. Most of my health was depleted by projectiles I for some reason struggled to see, so that felt like a pretty lame end to my run... To top it all off, I was standing directly on top of a health pickup as I died. I don't think that single pickup would have saved me, but still, goddamnit.
THE GOVERNMENT IS PUTTING BIBLES IN THE WATER SUPPLY.
Sigtext x 20 and avatar gallery

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13652 on: January 06, 2015, 04:17:35 am »

Also, you do get warned by Luke Skywalker to be careful when you take too many dark side powers... Not that it actually affects anything...

I think what force powers you get effects your alignment in "Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight" but not in Academy.

Academy is awesome with the extra moves you can do. Stab backwards, windmilling around, running up walls and doing backflips.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13653 on: January 06, 2015, 04:25:55 am »

Pretty sure it's academy that affects it. You force upgrade choices are Hexagons, aren't they?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #13654 on: January 06, 2015, 07:12:36 am »

Nope, it's not Academy, Luke and Kyle only complain. I think in Dark Forces 2 you can pick any powers you want, but there's civilian NPCs in missions and killing them takes you closer to the dark ending.

I've beaten Jedi Academy like a million times. I might come back to it in like 10 years, but I'm still very, very sick of it at the moment (I beat it just last year IIRC). I also beat Jedi Outcast once but that game is balls to the wall hard so once is enough really.

I haven't beat Dark Forces 2 or Mysteries of the Sith yet, but those are even harder than Outcast and also really long.

I'm considering the X-Wing and TIE Fighter series for my next Star Wars series to play, after I finish KOTOR2, I hear those are among the top Star Wars games.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13655 on: January 06, 2015, 07:47:09 am »

Nope, it's not Academy, Luke and Kyle only complain. I think in Dark Forces 2 you can pick any powers you want, but there's civilian NPCs in missions and killing them takes you closer to the dark ending.

I've beaten Jedi Academy like a million times. I might come back to it in like 10 years, but I'm still very, very sick of it at the moment (I beat it just last year IIRC). I also beat Jedi Outcast once but that game is balls to the wall hard so once is enough really.

I haven't beat Dark Forces 2 or Mysteries of the Sith yet, but those are even harder than Outcast and also really long.

I'm considering the X-Wing and TIE Fighter series for my next Star Wars series to play, after I finish KOTOR2, I hear those are among the top Star Wars games.

"Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight" is hard with a lot of the annoying jumping segments. Crossing the underside of a bridge, leaping across bottomless pits on a high tower, falling onto a small ledge down an air shaft. Outcast is hard because of places like Nar Shaddaa and the hordes of Rodian snipers waiting to vaporise you. Also those levels where they put you up against AT-STs and the reborn throwing stuff at you. The most annoying mission though is the stealth one. Not so much because it's hard but just because it's forced stealth.
"Oh sure, I've taken out hundreds of stormtroopers and assorted goons up until this point but now I can't lay a finger on them!"

I think "TIE Fighter" is even more difficult though. I only owned "X-Wing" on floppies and I played much more of "X-Wing VS TIE Fighter" than that which lacks the campaign style missions and is more just about dogfighting.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #13656 on: January 06, 2015, 10:12:25 am »

Had a sniper duel, they other guy had 3 HP left when I died.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm with stupid |
                      v

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13657 on: January 06, 2015, 11:40:20 am »

You want to start a free to p(l)ay game with me?  We can add hoarsies . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13658 on: January 06, 2015, 12:08:15 pm »

Died several times to floating spider things. My daggers didn't do much damage. Neither did my magic. The spider creatures would surround me such that I had no escape. I could dodge/counterattack some, but that doesn't help against the ones behind me. Cue me quickly dying.

Then I switched to my sword and demolished them.

Bound by Flame. Oh how I hate games like this. These enemies? They are only vulnerable to this stance. We won't tell you that, though.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #13659 on: January 06, 2015, 12:13:26 pm »

You want to start a free to p(l)ay game with me?  We can add hoarsies . . .
Yessss, add poonikins~
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13660 on: January 06, 2015, 06:22:32 pm »

I disagree.

EVERY game with a 'moral alignment' system plays out exactly that way. :P
Arcanum didn't.

As long as you didn't go full good/evil you still had mix of both choices available to you, and could stay neutral or change your moral aligment if you wanted. And the alignment system actually had serious influence on the game, like actions and dialogue choices, quests, factions and party members that were available to you. If you did too evil things your good party members would first threaten to leave, and if you didn't appease them they might actually attack you if you crossed the line. Evil followers would do the same if you turn out to be goody two shoes. Same with magic-technology alignment, evil elf mage won't be visiting same places doing the same quests with same followers as good dwarf technologist would, and you could freely mix those two alignments to your liking. Race and charisma/beaty/int/social skills did the same to a lesser extent and...

I fucking love that game, have I ever mentioned it before? Because I do, it's awesome and sets the standard for RPGs for me.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13661 on: January 06, 2015, 07:40:42 pm »

What happened to that other F2P Battlefield spinoff? I forget the name but it was a cartoony style and was thinly veiled WWII stuff. I remember that one being quite fun to play.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13662 on: January 06, 2015, 08:03:47 pm »

I disagree.

EVERY game with a 'moral alignment' system plays out exactly that way. :P

Since this was quoted again -
Far Cry 4 has an actually interesting moral choice system: tradition vs progress-at-any-cost.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13663 on: January 06, 2015, 08:10:04 pm »

Fooling around with weapon assemblies, made a High-powered Nuclear BFG 9000.

It spat out sparks and exploded when I tried to use it, taking me and the entire UAC outpost out in a massive nuclear explosion.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13664 on: January 06, 2015, 08:16:16 pm »

Fooling around with weapon assemblies, made a High-powered Nuclear BFG 9000.

It spat out sparks and exploded when I tried to use it, taking me and the entire UAC outpost out in a massive nuclear explosion.
* Tawarochir casts Meteor Swarm

* Blaze has been struck down.
You are deceased.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1575